We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Zuko and Toph

darkbender24

[1]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 12

Did zuko ever know about tophs metalbending??

Because i think he chose katara in the finale to help her with azula because of her bloodbending

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libraman_92

[2]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    darkbender24 wrote:

Because i think he chose katara in the finale to help her with azula because of her bloodbending

I think that Katara wouldn't have been picked because of that. Katara is WATER, and is a master; she had the best chance of dealing some damage to Azula apart from himself. Zuko understands, it is to my belief, that Katara is extremely unwilling to use bloodbending; that too, a Waterbender can only bloodbend during a full moon. If he were to chose Toph, Toph might've been overwhelmed by Azula's fierceness due to Sozin's Comet. That, and Toph is blind. If Azula were to fly in the air, Toph would be at a loss as to what to do. We can never be sure what went on in Zuko's mind when he picked Katara, but hey, we're never sure that half the stuff we think is right is right. That answer your question?

Jackson5050

[3]Dec 6, 2008
    I have always pondered how an Azula v. Toph battle would transpire. It would be interesting, in my opinion.

KingofSpades209

[4]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    I agree with Libraman. Toph would lose easily in my opinion.

isabelwhatx

[5]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    I think Toph would win an Azula vs. Toph fight. Azula uses mental tactics to take down her opponents, and Toph isn't interested in the psycho analysis of her mind. She just wants to kick butt.

libraman_92

[6]Dec 6, 2008
    Toph vs. Azula. My analysis:

The battle begins with Azula's fire blasts. Toph manages to block them, and sends rocks at Azula, who jumps up. Toph can't see what's going on, and Azula drops on the floor, sending fire. Toph manages to dive and hit Azula with a rock. Azula agresses...and Toph finally wins. End of story, Toph wins. Azula is powerful, but she can't beat Toph no matter what Toph does.

Axrendale

[7]Dec 6, 2008

Azula vs Toph battle:

Azula shoots a lightning bolt at Toph. It hits. Toph dies. End battle.

Axrendale

[8]Dec 6, 2008

Toph's style of fighting generally involves waiting for her opponent to make the first move, and then going for them (AKA "wait and listen"). Unfortunatly, she's the character least suited to dealing with lightning. Zuko could redirect it. Katara can dodge it. Aang can do both. Toph wouldn't even be able to see it was a lightning bolt, she'd have no idea what Azula was up to, she'd get fried. End story.

So if Azula opens with lightning, then it's game over. If she neglects to use lightning... then it gets interesting. But I simply refer to DOBS, in which Toph couldn't even touch Azula when she didn't even have any bending. If she has bending... well, yeah. Long story short, All of Toph's attacks get dodged/deflected.

libraman_92

[9]Dec 6, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

Toph's style of fighting generally involves waiting for her opponent to make the first move, and then going for them (AKA "wait and listen"). Unfortunatly, she's the character least suited to dealing with lightning. Zuko could redirect it. Katara can dodge it. Aang can do both. Toph wouldn't even be able to see it was a lightning bolt, she'd have no idea what Azula was up to, she'd get fried. End story.

So if Azula opens with lightning, then it's game over. If she neglects to use lightning... then it gets interesting. But I simply refer to DOBS, in which Toph couldn't even touch Azula when she didn't even have any bending. If she has bending... well, yeah. Long story short, All of Toph's attacks get dodged/deflected.

heh?

I think that Toph would know that when Azula is moving her arms to know she is making some sort of bending happening, and then she'd dodge.

Next, Toph is WAYYY more powerful than Azula. What bending techniques has Azula made? Toph has managed to Metalbend. Now, pray tell, isn't that just awesomeness? How can Azula POSSIBLY top that?

Toph and Azula would spar out...but Toph would win in the end, no doubt. Azula's style of fighting is all about "overpowering and finishing." So Azula would open up with fire blasts; dodged by Toph, and then Toph has the power of the earth; she can do anything.

And I know what you're thinking -- why not Azula fly in the air and attack? Well, the answer: It takes a big amount of bending to fly in the air; both hands and legs. Only during Sozin's comet could a Firebender hence fight in the air.

Axrendale

[10]Dec 6, 2008

Did Azula not invent Blue Firebending As in, a firebending technique so powerful that even inferior anger-powered fire, when employed with Azula's style, is equally powerful to much stronger Original Firebending?

Toph can't even tell the difference between fur and soft grass. She had no idea where Aang was moving through the air. All she'd really know of Azula charging lightning would be a faint crackle.

Azula can fly quite easily - in BR2, while flying off into the air, she was still casually saying goodbye to Zuko.

Toph gets hit by a lightning bolt, her own attacks come to nought, sooner or later Azula gets her with a strike (and none is more accurate/observant than Azula), Toph goes down. Azula has always been the person to take Toph down a notch from her assume godess-status. One of my favorite moments is in 208 when Azula blasts through Toph's rock wall. Toph, ever so arrogant in her abilities, simply through up the wall and expected it to stop Ozai's angels in their tracks. Azula blasted through it without breaking stride. The look on Toph's face was priceless, and would be seen again 1 season later when Azula lied to her and got away with it

panthean

[11]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    Toph would pwn Azula

but who cares, it wouldn't have been an exciting battle, not nearly as exciting as Katara and Zuko vs Azula. And not anywhere close to Aang vs Ozai

ThisCrazyGuy

[12]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    Toph would own Azula... Don't even get me started on what Toph could do to Azula!

ThisCrazyGuy

[13]Dec 7, 2008
    I could seriously write ESSAYS (in minutes) about Toph's superiority to Azula in terms of natural bending talent... Besides, as much as I LOVE Azula, we can't actually officially say she created Blue Firebending... There were probably MANY Blue Firebenders, before she was even born, and technically, the first Blue Firebenders were actually the Dragons...
    Edited on 12/07/2008 6:21am

ThisCrazyGuy

[14]Dec 7, 2008

Toph > Azula > Katara

panthean

[15]Dec 7, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Toph > Azula > Katara

Aang>Ozai>Toph>Boomy>Bonzo>Iroh>Azula>Zuko=Katara>Sokka's Master>Ty Lee>Mai=Sokka=Sokka's Father

ThisCrazyGuy

[16]Dec 7, 2008
    darkbender24 wrote:

I think Zuko just thought that (and was right) Katara had the most history with Azula... And he probably thought Katara knew Azula more, and had a deeper rivalry with her than Toph did... He had a front row seat to Katara and Azula's heated battle in "The Crossroads Of Destiny" (hell, he interrupted it), and probably just thought Katara had more experience fighting Azula (which is true)... Also, he was most likely thinking that he and Katara made a good team after "The Southern Raiders", and the Melon Lord scene in "Sozin's Comet" (when Sokka paired them up, and they ended up making a successful team (again))...

panthean

[17]Dec 7, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    darkbender24 wrote:

I think Zuko just thought that (and was right) Katara had the most history with Azula... And he probably thought Katara knew Azula more, and had a deeper rivalry with her than Toph did... He had a front row seat to Katara and Azula's heated battle in "The Crossroads Of Destiny" (hell, he interrupted it), and probably just thought Katara had more experience fighting Azula (which is true)... Also, he was most likely thinking that he and Katara made a good team after "The Southern Raiders", and the Melon Lord scene in "Sozin's Comet" (when Sokka paired them up, and they ended up making a successful team (again))...

I think in the southern raiders, Zuko saw how powerful blood-bending was. And even Katara wouldn't have used it, it would've been comforting to know that if all else fails, they could throw something at Azula that she wasn't ready for. (turns out she wasn't ready for anything)

ThisCrazyGuy

[18]Dec 7, 2008
    panthean wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    darkbender24 wrote:

I think in the southern raiders, Zuko saw how powerful blood-bending was. And even Katara wouldn't have used it, it would've been comforting to know that if all else fails, they could throw something at Azula that she wasn't ready for. (turns out she wasn't ready for anything)
    Did Zuko know that Bloodbending can only be practiced during the Full Moon?

KingofSpades209

[19]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    panthean wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Toph > Azula > Katara

Aang>Ozai>Toph>Boomy>Bonzo>Iroh>Azula>Zuko=Katara>Sokka's Master>Ty Lee>Mai=Sokka=Sokka's Father
    Who's Bonzo?

Jackson5050

[20]Dec 7, 2008
    KingofSpades209 wrote:
    panthean wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Toph > Azula > Katara

Who's Bonzo?
    Yeah, I cannot figure out who you are referring to when you typed Bonzo.