We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Was Katara the Next in the Cycle of the Avatar? r.o

stump2790

[101]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 4
    WiseLad wrote:
    maybe Aang was destined to meet Katara

Roku died at the YOUNG AGE of 58, if he had lived up to 158, Aang might had been born 12 years ago, not 112 as it is in the story

If Roku hadn't died then Aang would have been killed with the rest of the airbenders
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WiseLad

[102]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 14
    if Roku had lived, he would have killed Sozin as he warned him

[103]Oct 17, 2007
    stump2790 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    maybe Aang was destined to meet Katara

Roku died at the YOUNG AGE of 58, if he had lived up to 158, Aang might had been born 12 years ago, not 112 as it is in the story

If Roku hadn't died then Aang would have been killed with the rest of the airbenders

waiiittt..how old's roku?

WiseLad

[104]Oct 17, 2007
    he died 112/113 yrs ago at the age of 58
    Edited on 10/17/2007 2:06pm

[105]Oct 17, 2007
    WiseLad wrote:
    he died 112/113 yrs ago at the age of 58

Yea. I just checked the avatarspirit timeline. HOLY CRAP. He was young still! I bet his death wasn't natural...
    Anyone believe that he was assasinated?

WiseLad

[106]Oct 18, 2007
    either that, or Sozin was able to put him in a situation that got him killed

anatoli90

[107]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    tomtitan wrote:
    fpaul90 wrote:
    what if later in the avatar show, katara has a kid with aang and that kid would become the avatar

if aang died during the pregnancy i think it's possible.
    that's going to be unhappy ending

blakmage676

[108]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 1
    um the water avatar was a boy he had the wolf mask on in book three sozins comert

isabelwhatx

[109]Oct 2, 2008
    Please try to avoid bringing back such old threads Thanks.

Water78

[110]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 47
    um ur number 2 is wrong the gender of the avatar goes in no order

socratesufferer

[111]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 2

WiseLad wrote:
    simple answer the avatar only happens when the old one dies avatar was still alive(even if frozen) when Katara was born if the Avatar had happened just because Aang got frozen, it would have been born almost 100 years ago the water tribe avatar therefore, Katara was not next in cycle

No no no.. they're saying if Aang was not trapped in the ice berg, if the FN didn't wipe out the air nomads, and if Aang had fulfilled his years as the avatar without interruption.. after all this, when Aang died... would Katara be the next in line

That was the original poster's theory/question.

And it cannot be answered, obviously, but it's nice to think on & has several supporting points.

Edited on 12/02/2008 1:14am

keaton1anng

[112]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    No she wouldnt be next into the next avatar becuase if aang died 100 years ago a diffrent waterbender would and if he would have died after the awakaning from the ice she would still not be avatar at all becuase she is all ready alive. sorry but not here.

panthean

[113]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 9

although the next avatr is water tribe, it couldn't be Katara because the next avatar is born the second the last dies

what would be cool, and I'm going to write a fanfic about this 1, is if there were twin avatars

so far I go the names... Katari and Kai, they're going to be related to Katara, but if they are Katara's twins, then Aang has to die before they are born... and so I think I'm ruling that possibility out because, I want thier father to be an important character... and New made up char.+Katara ship wouldn't be too popular. anyways...

sorry got carried away there... Katara couldn't be next Avatar because she and Aang co-exist... nor could it be Katara's son or daughter if Aang is going to be the father, and Aang not die right at thier birth. So both of those possibilities are ruled out for being too dramatic, or just plain impossible

Edited on 12/02/2008 3:29pm

Hughhh

[114]Dec 2, 2008
    socratesufferer wrote:

WiseLad wrote:
    simple answer the avatar only happens when the old one dies avatar was still alive(even if frozen) when Katara was born if the Avatar had happened just because Aang got frozen, it would have been born almost 100 years ago the water tribe avatar therefore, Katara was not next in cycle

No no no.. they're saying if Aang was not trapped in the ice berg, if the FN didn't wipe out the air nomads, and if Aang had fulfilled his years as the avatar without interruption.. after all this, when Aang died... would Katara be the next in line

And it cannot be answered, obviously, but it's nice to think on & has several supporting points.

I can only suggest to you that you not attempt to convert to your line of thinking anyone who still doesn't get it.

There are only so many times you can say "yes, but.." or "you're missing the point..." before you go crazy.

Just walk away, shake your head to yourself and mutter something like "Kids these days..." and you'll be better off. :-)

socratesufferer

[115]Dec 3, 2008
    Hughhh wrote:
    socratesufferer wrote:

WiseLad wrote:

I can only suggest to you that you not attempt to convert to your line of thinking anyone who still doesn't get it. There are only so many times you can say "yes, but.." or "you're missing the point..." before you go crazy. Just walk away, shake your head to yourself and mutter something like "Kids these days..." and you'll be better off. :-)

Completely starting to see that, thanks. I felt the crazy coming on already. Now I understand why certain threads should stay dead. Apologies.
    *Takes your advice, a deep breath & mutters about "..reading & comprehension, dang."

panthean

[116]Dec 3, 2008
    socratesufferer wrote:
    Hughhh wrote:
    socratesufferer wrote:

WiseLad wrote:

I can only suggest to you that you not attempt to convert to your line of thinking anyone who still doesn't get it. There are only so many times you can say "yes, but.." or "you're missing the point..." before you go crazy. Just walk away, shake your head to yourself and mutter something like "Kids these days..." and you'll be better off. :-)

Completely starting to see that, thanks. I felt the crazy coming on already. Now I understand why certain threads should stay dead. Apologies.
    *Takes your advice, a deep breath & mutters about "..reading & comprehension, dang."

yea, cuz that's not how it happened, so it isn't that way, end of story

keaton1anng

[117]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 17
    I wonder why a new avatar was not born becuase aang did die from azula for a few minutes but then katara brouth him back with the spirt water from the north pole that is weird becuase right when roku died anng was born just saying that.

panthean

[118]Dec 4, 2008
    keaton1anng wrote:
    I wonder why a new avatar was not born becuase aang did die from azula for a few minutes but then katara brouth him back with the spirt water from the north pole that is weird becuase right when roku died anng was born just saying that.

doesn't work that way

Aang's "soul," if you will, has to leave his body and enter the body of the next avatar

MandaPanda67

[119]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    Woah! Wait a second! So what the Original Poster is suggesting is that if Katara really was destined to be the next Avatar then Aang fell in love with himself ?!!

What a mind-boggling thought...

WiseLad

[120]Dec 20, 2008
    panthean wrote:
    keaton1anng wrote:

doesn't work that way

Aang's "soul," if you will, has to leave his body and enter the body of the next avatar

I think the "avatar spirit" (which is different from the soul of the person as in Aang, Kyoshi, Roku etc) finds a suitable person sometime between hours or days after an avatar death, and usually not revealed until he or she is 16(Aang was an exception), and also remember that the baby is "conceived" ( without the avatar spirit) 9 months before their actual birth (unless born premature)

when Aang dies, his soul doesn't enter another body, only the "avatar spirit" does

each avatar is a person with its unique soul and also the "avatar spirit"

and the avatar spirit is what links all past avatar's souls to each other