We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Favorite Character(s) Thread

Dark_soul89

[161]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Yeah but her perfectionism was to keep her dad loving her, losing his "love" was her greatest fear

Supply some proof of that.

the way she snapped when her father told her she wasn't going to the invasion with him (in the finale) and the fact that she went completely insane after that

She was insane before that. And she only snapped because she thought that someone else was leaving her. It wasn't JUST him, it was Ty Lee and Mai and Ursa as well.

"You can't threat me like Zuko" is what she said, now we know Ozai doesn't love Zuko so it's not that hard to figure out she wanted his "love" and as for the Ursa thing she was sane without Ursa for years and yes Ty lee and Mai contributed to it but it was only after her father abandoned her that she snapped all the way
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[162]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Yeah but her perfectionism was to keep her dad loving her, losing his "love" was her greatest fear

the way she snapped when her father told her she wasn't going to the invasion with him (in the finale) and the fact that she went completely insane after that

She was insane before that. And she only snapped because she thought that someone else was leaving her. It wasn't JUST him, it was Ty Lee and Mai and Ursa as well.

"You can't threat me like Zuko" is what she said, now we know Ozai doesn't love Zuko so it's not that hard to figure out she wanted his "love" and as for the Ursa thing she was sane without Ursa for years and yes Ty lee and Mai contributed to it but it was only after her father abandoned her that she snapped all the way

Azula was NEVER sane. Even as a child, she basked in pain and destruction. She giddily informed Zuko that his own father was going to kill him. Do you call that sane? Azula used that quote to say that you can't treat her like a traitor, someone who doesn't deserve what they have. Azula has Ozai's undying love already.

Dark_soul89

[163]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Azula was NEVER sane. Even as a child, she basked in pain and destruction. She giddily informed Zuko that his own father was going to kill him. Do you call that sane? Azula used that quote to say that you can't treat her like a traitor, someone who doesn't deserve what they have. Azula has Ozai's undying love already.

Okay I agree with the never sane part, but her mother leaving didn't seem to change her state, her father leaving her did

isabelwhatx

[164]Sep 8, 2008
    No, that was just the final blow. Azula had been betrayed by Mai, Ty Lee, Zuko, and Ursa. Being betrayed once more just pushed her over the edge. It wasn't specifically her father, just the fact that he coincidentally ended up being the one person that made her reach her limit.

Dark_soul89

[165]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    No, that was just the final blow. Azula had been betrayed by Mai, Ty Lee, Zuko, and Ursa. Being betrayed once more just pushed her over the edge. It wasn't specifically her father, just the fact that he coincidentally ended up being the one person that made her reach her limit.

So it has to be a coincidence? not a real strong argument also how the hell is she trying to earn her mothers love, you make absolutely no sense on that one

isabelwhatx

[166]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

So it has to be a coincidence? not a real strong argument also how the hell is she trying to earn her mothers love, you make absolutely no sense on that one

She is not trying to earn it, because she thinks she doesn't want it. However, subconsciously, she is struggling to get that love. Remember the illusion Azula experienced? I think that's enough proof.

isabelwhatx

[168]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

She is not trying to earn it, because she thinks she doesn't want it. However, subconsciously, she is struggling to get that love. Remember the illusion Azula experienced? I think that's enough proof.

well its not proof at all, and you ignore my proof so i'm just going to stop arguing because a wise person once said you can't win an argument with an idiot no matter how right you are

I feel the same way And that wise person isn't that wise. Although there is truth behind his or her statement, his use of words is simply disgusting. I don't know any civilized person who uses the word "idiot".

Dark_soul89

[169]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

well its not proof at all, and you ignore my proof so i'm just going to stop arguing because a wise person once said you can't win an argument with an idiot no matter how right you are

I feel the same way And that wise person isn't that wise. Although there is truth behind his or her statement, his use of words is simply disgusting. I don't know any civilized person who uses the word "idiot".

there is a difference between civilized and smart/wise/intelligent, civilized is more like polite then anything else

isabelwhatx

[170]Sep 8, 2008
    Wise people are civilized more often than not. Being barbaric is not such an intelligent thing to do.

Dark_soul89

[171]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Wise people are civilized more often than not. Being barbaric is not such an intelligent thing to do.

not really, some of the most wise ppl are jerks and don't give a crap about what fork they use to eat with

isabelwhatx

[172]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

not really, some of the most wise ppl are jerks and don't give a crap about what fork they use to eat with

Then they are not so wise as they think

PsychoPass

[176]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    Uh-oh... I'm smelling some fanwank about a topic I have spent many hours pondering deeply. It's late so I'll keep it short:

Azula "DOES. NOT. COMPUTE." Excuse my humor but think about it for a second... Put all of your biases aside... Do our pre-finale views and conceptions of Azula fit with her post-finale? I'll make my post tomorrow (it should make more sense). Good night. :]

Axrendale

[177]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 10

PsychoPass wrote:
    Uh-oh... I'm smelling some fanwank about a topic I have spent many hours pondering deeply. It's late so I'll keep it short: Azula "DOES. NOT. COMPUTE." Excuse my humor but think about it for a second... Put all of your biases aside... Do our pre-finale views and conceptions of Azula fit with her post-finale? I'll make my post tomorrow (it should make more sense). Good night. :]

No. They do not. The finale altered our view of Azula utterly, as it was designed to from the start. All of our previous preconceptions about her were meant to be completely shattered.

[178]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 9

wow, i think its funny how every thread with dark_soul posts on it, there is an argument

I support Isabelwhatx!!!

isabelwhatx

[179]Sep 9, 2008

wow, i think its funny how every thread with dark_soul posts on it, there is an argument

I support Isabelwhatx!!!

WOOT! FOLLOWERS! I should make a cult

PsychoPass, I'm confused by what you're implying.

gilvatar

[180]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I support Isabelwhatx!!!

WOOT! FOLLOWERS! I should make a cult

PsychoPass, I'm confused by what you're implying.
    u know what's weird? i got it last night when i was tierd but noe that i'm wide awake i don't get it.