We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Favorite Character(s) Thread

something9

[141]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 9

Axrendale wrote:
    Azula is one of those rare characters where you must have an opinion on her. You can love, you can hate her, or both at the same time, but you simply cannot ignore her. Such is the level of her awsomeness

I agree. Azula's someone who can't be an okay or alright character. You either hate or love her, which is why she is such an amazing character. Top 5 for me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Axrendale

[142]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    Right from the moment that I saw Azula, I knew that I was going to love. I have loved her unconditionally throughout all of season 2 and season 3, and continue to do so now.

something9

[143]Sep 7, 2008
    4nationfury wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Dark_soul89 wrote:
    1. Zuko 2. Mai 3. Katara 4. Suki 5. Song (yes that's right a minor character)

wat about aang? and sokka? and toph? those are big characters!!!

meh not big on Aang, Sokka and toph are probably on the top 10

wats wrong with aang?

hes annoying, and tries to hard to impress Katara, and he's not that good at bending either, Toph, Katara and Zuko are all better at their respective elements and have more of a back story and deeper character development then him and hes just too needy

oh my god....*face palms* you just dont get it do you?

all i have to say is...no comment!!!

get what? Aang is lame period
    Hmm. I don't want to get into a heated debate here or bash anyone's opinions, but did you watch Sozin's Comet?

I agree. I don't understand what the big deal is about not liking a certain character. Aang's okay. He does run away from his problems, especially in the first half of the finale. However, he definitely redeemed himself in the fight against Ozai.

isabelwhatx

[144]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    I must admit, I only started to love Azula probably in the beginning of Book 3. That was when we discovered that there was more to her than meets the eye. Azula has always been interesting, but the infinite references to her past and such in B3 really made me an Azula lover.

Dark_soul89

[145]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 2
    something9 wrote:

Axrendale wrote:
    Azula is one of those rare characters where you must have an opinion on her. You can love, you can hate her, or both at the same time, but you simply cannot ignore her. Such is the level of her awsomeness

I agree. Azula's someone who can't be an okay or alright character. You either hate or love her, which is why she is such an amazing character. Top 5 for me.

Um actually I don't love her or hate her, she's just kind of there for me

something9

[146]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    something9 wrote:

Axrendale wrote:

Really? Interesting. I guess I do have a slight bias towards her. Azula was a character that I was immediately drawn to. Her strive for perfection, her attitude, the way she treated Zuko and Iroh, and even Mai and Tylee have shown me that she is an intiguing and dynamic character. All of her appearances are different and unpredictable. And. after the Beach, we all knew that there was more to Azula than meets the eye. I really wanted to see a Zuko/Ursa reunion and an Ursa/Azula confrontation in the finale.

Watch_them_fall

[147]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    Azula's a great character that you're supposed to view as the enemy, so when she makes be hate her it's because she's great enough to invoke very strong emotions in me, not like characters I hate just because they're bad characters.

Dark_soul89

[148]Sep 8, 2008
    something9 wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    something9 wrote:

Axrendale wrote:

Really? Interesting. I guess I do have a slight bias towards her. Azula was a character that I was immediately drawn to. Her strive for perfection, her attitude, the way she treated Zuko and Iroh, and even Mai and Tylee have shown me that she is an intiguing and dynamic character. All of her appearances are different and unpredictable. And. after the Beach, we all knew that there was more to Azula than meets the eye. I really wanted to see a Zuko/Ursa reunion and an Ursa/Azula confrontation in the finale.

Shes just another one of those [female dogs] who has to be perfect in everything so her parents will love her to me

isabelwhatx

[149]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Shes just another one of those [female dogs] who has to be perfect in everything so her parents will love her to me

Well, you're partially correct. Azula strives to have the love of her parents, but mostly just Ursa.

KingofSpades209

[150]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    Ya know, I never had a favorite character on this show. I don't know why but I just don't.

Dark_soul89

[151]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Well, you're partially correct. Azula strives to have the love of her parents, but mostly just Ursa.

actually mostly her father, because her mother doesn't care about that stuff, and she isn't around so it's all to stay in daddies good graces

isabelwhatx

[152]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

actually mostly her father, because her mother doesn't care about that stuff, and she isn't around so it's all to stay in daddies good graces

Azula has already acquired the love of Ozai, or at least his twisted version. Ursa chose to neglect Azula in order to fulfill Zuko's needs. Azula still lacks the love of a mother, and that is what she strives for.

Dark_soul89

[153]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Azula has already acquired the love of Ozai, or at least his twisted version. Ursa chose to neglect Azula in order to fulfill Zuko's needs. Azula still lacks the love of a mother, and that is what she strives for.

Her mother isn't even around and she gets more twisted as time goes on, the kinda stuff Ursa lectured her not to do, that doesn't seem like striving for her love...

isabelwhatx

[154]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Her mother isn't even around and she gets more twisted as time goes on, the kinda stuff Ursa lectured her not to do, that doesn't seem like striving for her love...

That's the point. Ursa was never around, scarring Azula for life. As shown in the finale and The Beach, Azula was convinced that her mother never loved her. That's what started her on the, "fear is the only way" power trip.

Dark_soul89

[155]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

That's the point. Ursa was never around, scarring Azula for life. As shown in the finale and The Beach, Azula was convinced that her mother never loved her. That's what started her on the, "fear is the only way" power trip.

Yeah but her perfectionism was to keep her dad loving her, losing his "love" was her greatest fear

FireLordZuko93

[156]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    Did anyone think it weird that Zuko wanted the love of his father and then Azula wanted the love of her mother? They both had issues.

isabelwhatx

[157]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

Yeah but her perfectionism was to keep her dad loving her, losing his "love" was her greatest fear

Supply some proof of that.

isabelwhatx

[158]Sep 8, 2008
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    Did anyone think it weird that Zuko wanted the love of his father and then Azula wanted the love of her mother? They both had issues.

Nah, they just wanted what they couldn't have.

Dark_soul89

[159]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

the way she snapped when her father told her she wasn't going to the invasion with him (in the finale) and the fact that she went completely insane after that

isabelwhatx

[160]Sep 8, 2008
    Dark_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Dark_soul89 wrote:

the way she snapped when her father told her she wasn't going to the invasion with him (in the finale) and the fact that she went completely insane after that

She was insane before that. And she only snapped because she thought that someone else was leaving her. It wasn't JUST him, it was Ty Lee and Mai and Ursa as well.