We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Favorite Character(s) Thread

[201]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 9
    i think katara is one of the most interesting out of all because she's packed with intamacy and emotions...that makes her the perfect character development character
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gilvatar

[202]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Katara....idk why. ALthoughif Suki can count as a main charactere now, I'll pick her.

I thought Suki was a lot more interesting than Katara. Katara is basically your cookie-cutter character. She lost her mother, she's "special" back at home, blah blah blah. Suki, however, is basically a feminist, which you don't see very often on TV shows. She's got personality, Katara has PMS.
    but after the Boiling rock she was basically just there other than in the very end of the finale.

So was Katara, really. I mean, in TSR she played a huge role and such. But Katara, IMO, really hasn't changed much since the beginning of the series. Suki has a bit. That makes her more interesting to me.
    idk, they're a tie for me. Katara's a little bit more intresting to me b/c she's been around longer and has cool waterbending moves. If i had to have a sleepover with any of the girls I'd pick Toph b/c she's just more fun.

[203]Sep 9, 2008

gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Katara....idk why. ALthoughif Suki can count as a main charactere now, I'll pick her.
    I thought Suki was a lot more interesting than Katara. Katara is basically your cookie-cutter character. She lost her mother, she's "special" back at home, blah blah blah. Suki, however, is basically a feminist, which you don't see very often on TV shows. She's got personality, Katara has PMS.
    but after the Boiling rock she was basically just there other than in the very end of the finale.
    So was Katara, really. I mean, in TSR she played a huge role and such. But Katara, IMO, really hasn't changed much since the beginning of the series. Suki has a bit. That makes her more interesting to me.
    idk, they're a tie for me. Katara's a little bit more intresting to me b/c she's been around longer and has cool waterbending moves. If i had to have a sleepover with any of the girls I'd pick Toph b/c she's just more fun.

if you had a sleepover with Toph, I think you'd wake up in the middle of the night with tooth paste or whipped cream or shaving cream all over your face....she would sabatoge (Sp?) the house

isabelwhatx

[204]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 14
    i think katara is one of the most interesting out of all because she's packed with intamacy and emotions...that makes her the perfect character development character

But she didn't develop that much. AANG is packed with emotions. My God, Aang is practically BURSTING with them. Katara just cares about everyone. Aang actually has feelings.

gilvatar

[205]Sep 9, 2008

gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:

if you had a sleepover with Toph, I think you'd wake up in the middle of the night with tooth paste or whipped cream or shaving cream all over your face....she would sabatoge (Sp?) the house

I don't think she'd go so far as to sabatoge the whole house, She would do the whipped cream feather trick.

[206]Sep 9, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    But she didn't develop that much. AANG is packed with emotions. My God, Aang is practically BURSTING with them. Katara just cares about everyone. Aang actually has feelings.

true...i agree

PsychoPass

[207]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Who do you guys think was the most boring main character? I'd have to say Toph or Katara. Thoughts?

Character wise... Katara did not impress me overall. As some have already said she was pretty straight forward. The Southern Raiders could have made her more complex, which it did, but wasn't presented as well as it could have been. I don't know... I'm just coming up with stuff really.

But the character that bored me those most was Zuko during the finale. Yes, yes, I know that he's a focused and determined (and stiff) person but geez! Aside from the reunion with Iroh, he was as stiff and unchanging as a granite pillar. ;o

[208]Sep 9, 2008

PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Who do you guys think was the most boring main character? I'd have to say Toph or Katara. Thoughts?
    Character wise... Katara did not impress me overall. As some have already said she was pretty straight forward. The Southern Raiders could have made her more complex, which it did, but wasn't presented as well as it could have been. I don't know... I'm just coming up with stuff really. But the character that bored me those most was Zuko during the finale. Yes, yes, I know that he's a focused and determined (and stiff) person but geez! Aside from the reunion with Iroh, he was as stiff and unchanging as a granite pillar. ;o

agreed...it probably is because hes good now...or he was just really serious about defeating azula so he had a very rock solid mood then...idk

Axrendale

[209]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 10

In my opinion, Zuko's story more or less ended during DOBS. That episode was the climax, the moment of redemption for him. After that, all he had to do was teach Aang firebending, reunite with Iroh, and become Firelord. But that was necessary. The reason Zuko did not really shine in the finale was because he was not supposed to. It was time for the real hero of Avatar to shine. And who is the real hero in Avatar? Zuko himself tells us at the corronation - "The real hero, is the Avatar".

I could write an entire essay on this, but I'll do that tommorow.

[210]Sep 9, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

In my opinion, Zuko's story more or less ended during DOBS. That episode was the climax, the moment of redemption for him. After that, all he had to do was teach Aang firebending, reunite with Iroh, and become Firelord. But that was necessary. The reason Zuko did not really shine in the finale was because he was not supposed to. It was time for the real hero of Avatar to shine. And who is the real hero in Avatar? Zuko himself tells us at the corronation - "The real hero, is the Avatar".

haha...or extra credit for your english class!!! ahah

something9

[211]Sep 9, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

I agree. DOBS was the pinnacle of his development. He was a dynamic character throughout the entire story and has been through the most development as a character. His journey, however, ended there. Zuko's shining moment was in DOBS, while Aang's was the finale (although I did love the jumping in front of Katara scene, but thats my Zutarian bias seeping through )

But, in general, Katara was a character that bored me, out of all the main characters. SR was a great moment for her and its nice seeing a darker side to her, but other than that, she isn't really exciting.

PsychoPass

[212]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    Axrendale wrote:

While I agree with that it does not account for his robotic tone and demeanor. He didn't need any character advancement at all but he wasn't interesting to watch.

gilvatar

[213]Sep 10, 2008
    I don't think Zuko was boring in SC. I thought he was awsome. He kind of became the unofficial leader of the group when Aang went missing...zomg! possible foreshadowing! Btw, i don't think Zuko's story was offcialy over until that hug w/ Aang.

[214]Sep 10, 2008

gilvatar wrote:
    I don't think Zuko was boring in SC. I thought he was awsome. He kind of became the unofficial leader of the group when Aang went missing...zomg! possible foreshadowing! Btw, i don't think Zuko's story was offcialy over until that hug w/ Aang.

oh my goodness!!! wat the heck does ZOMG mean?

gilvatar

[215]Sep 10, 2008

gilvatar wrote:

like an extream version of omg.

[216]Sep 10, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:

gilvatar wrote:

ooohhh! okay...so what was being forshadowed?

gilvatar

[217]Sep 10, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:

gilvatar wrote:

Zuko's leading the gaang and he ends up leading a country.

[218]Sep 10, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:

gilvatar wrote:

hmm...i guess so. idk. a little..im sure its just a coincedince(sp)

gilvatar

[219]Sep 10, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:

gilvatar wrote:

hmm...i guess so. idk. a little..im sure its just a coincedince(sp)

That's why I said possible. I'm not sure.

MCMLXVI

[220]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 19

Toph the Earthbender:

Toph, a precious stone,
    Causes sapphires and diamonds
    To tremble in fear.