We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara Vs. Toph

Leodegarioiii

[101]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    phillippejr wrote:
    Leodegarioiii wrote:

kATARA WILL WIN. If she is near a lake she can go inside the lake and Toph would not able to se her, and she can use the razor water bending move she used on the Swamp and cut toph's arms off, or create a huge wave to create vibration, confusing toph and then she can freeze her or drawn her, and ripp her off. also she can make her drink water, and then she freazes the water and bends it into spikes, so sipikes will kill toph from the inside out.and before she dies she will strangle her with her own intestines... yeah i hate toph.

Yeah, but toph could take too rocks and and smash them into ktara head from eachside crashing her head.She could also suck her into the ground and leave her for the birds to kill.Toph>>katara

the human body is 75% water, so Katara could bend all of thop's body liquids and make her literaly explode into a meaty red fluid, then she can freze that flud and lick it as a popcycle.
    Edited on 10/15/2006 7:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taang_Forever

[102]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 9
    Eww. Little pervert.

Fact is, Toph and Katara would never kill each other, so I doubt Katara would be willing to use that water puppet thing on Toph, since it would probably kill her. And if Toph sucked Katara into the ground, I doubt she would leave her there to die. I say it would be a stand off. Even with a huge body of water around, and Katara had the biggest advantage because Toph can't see through water, I doubt either of them would beat the other. If she can't see Katara, all she has to do is make sets of walls, or bury herself and stuff, and Katara wouldn't be able to find her. If Toph had the advantage, and katara didn't have a body of water around, Toph would win. Same thing, underground and from under the ground, bury Katara too. Or kick her ass the regular way. So: if Toph has the advantage, Toph wins. If Katara has the advantage, neither of them win. And I severely doubt Toph would be stupid enough to accept a challenge taking place in the middle of the ocean or something.

Tony01987

[103]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 4
    I say that Toph would??beat??katara badly, And Katara is one of my favorite characters. It's?? in plain view Toph is??a far more experienced bender plus she's a whole lot more powerful?? than your average earthbender. Even if Katara does not move around much she'll sitll??loose once she moves??that's it.??

Tony01987

[104]Oct 16, 2006
    TOPH WOULD WIN EARTH IS EVERYWHERE AND TOPH IS VERY VERY POWERFUL, PLUS SHE'S ALOT MORE EXPERIENCED AND SHE BENDS DIFFERENT FROM THE AVERAGE BENDER.

Leodegarioiii

[105]Oct 16, 2006
    I already said it: the human body is 75% water, so Katara could bend all of thop's body liquids and make her literaly explode into a meaty red fluid, then she can freze that flud and lick it as a popcycle. She can do that before Thop can even lift a rock!!

Taang_Forever

[106]Oct 16, 2006
    Katara make a move faster than Toph? Toph did more than a couple of moves and sent a shockwave through the ground in the time it took the boulder to take one step-- AS HE STARTED RUNNING. If Katara really knew that puppet trick, she'd never be able to do it on Toph before Toph took cover. She wouldn't know where Toph is to be able to do that trick, since Toph could just go underground. As I've said. It's logical.

misterham

[107]Oct 16, 2006
    you DO know that katara can bend water she can't see, right?

blitzwing17

[108]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    Leodegarioiii wrote:
    I already said it: the human body is 75% water, so Katara could bend all of thop's body liquids and make her literaly explode into a meaty red fluid, then she can freze that flud and lick it as a popcycle. She can do that before Thop can even lift a rock!!

There is no basis for your claim that Katara can move people, or bend. Yes, the human body is made of water, but there haven't been any scenes where a water bender "force pushes" someone or anything.

And even if Katara could do what you claim Toph could do far worse. Your bones are composed of minerals, like calcium, magnesium etc. So Toph could literally shatter every bone in your body. Leaving you(figurative you, not you you) 75% water and 100% dead.

misterham

[109]Oct 16, 2006
    bones are not composed of enough minerals to bend. but cells are composed of enough water to bend. and swamp people can bend water in plants, so why not people? by the way it says it's possible on nick.com
    Edited on 10/16/2006 4:32pm

Leodegarioiii

[110]Oct 16, 2006
    misterham wrote:
    bones are not composed of enough minerals to bend. cells are. and swamp people can bend water in plants, so why not people? by the way it says it's possible on nick.com
    I agree, bones are not earth, neither are minerals, in order to bend earth benders need high concentrations of earth components including minerals, that is why they cant bend metal (which has thousands of minerals.)

Taang_Forever

[111]Oct 16, 2006
    misterham wrote:
    you DO know that katara can bend water she can't see, right?

You DO know in the time it takes her to try and do that Toph would have already struck? So what you're telling me is-- Toph goes underground, Katara doesn't know where she is, in front of her, behind her, to one side, or how deep-- and she would still be able to bend Toph before she easily attacked Katara from below?

Taang_Forever

[112]Oct 16, 2006
    misterham wrote:
    by the way it says it's possible on nick.com

Not that I don't believe you, because a lot of people have said that to be passed off as true, but could you provide me with a link and directions to get where it says that? I've never seen that page and I can't find it. Thanks.

Taang_Forever

[113]Oct 16, 2006
    Waterbending at its highest skill contains the most powerful technique among all the Bending Arts. At close range, expert Waterbenders literally uses an opponents body against them by harnessing the ample amount of water within the human body to control their opponent like a puppet master.

K, I didn't get that from nick.com beacuse I couldn't find it, so I got this form wikipedia. I know, wikipedia is not trustworthy, but if it isn't, then I guess this must be false too. Still waiting on that link.

misterham

[114]Oct 16, 2006
    nope. wikipedia is right.

but i was talking about a more fair scenario where there is a small pond/lake whatever and dirt ground. toph can hide underground, but katara can hover on top of the body of water where toph can't see her (but she can still randomly fire rocks from under the ground, though it won't be very effective). but katara can also "spill" the water onto the ground and freeze it so toph can't see anything on land. if she comes up, katara can slide over to her and bend her limbs. if she decides to stay down there, it will be a draw cuz nobody can hit either opponent

Taang_Forever

[115]Oct 16, 2006
    That last part is exactly what I said. Rather than come out and risk being controlled, Toph would do the smart choice and stay down. if she can't win, then it's a draw. If Toph has an advantage though, and there are no boddies of water around, Toph wins.

Leodegarioiii

[116]Oct 16, 2006
    Taang_Forever wrote:
    That last part is exactly what I said. Rather than come out and risk being controlled, Toph would do the smart choice and stay down. if she can't win, then it's a draw. If Toph has an advantage though, and there are no boddies of water around, Toph wins.

don't you get it?? before the fight starts toph will ba a dark, meaty and smelly liquid on the floor. she wont be able to go underground because Katara is able to control her body making it impossible for toph to bend earth! Besides Katara is way cooler and more important than toph, so if the creators make a fight between them ,Katara would win.

Taang_Forever

[117]Oct 16, 2006
    Well gee, before it starts? I assumed they would start at the same time. And like I said, Toph reacts FAST. If anything, before the match starts SHE'LL be the one making the first move. In the time it took the boulder to run one step, Toph took her stance and made an attack. Or if Toph had the advantage and Katara DID try that puppet thing anyway, the attack only works at CLOSE RANGE. Toph wouldn't be stupid enough to get close to Katara if she knew that puppet trick.

blitzwing17

[118]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    Taang_Forever wrote:
    Toph wouldn't be stupid enough to get close to Katara if she knew that puppet trick.

Ahhh, the element of surprise. If only someone could learn to bend that.
    jk.

Taang_Forever

[119]Oct 16, 2006
    See, there you are assuming Toph wouldn't know Katara knows the puppet trick. But you are also assuming Katara knows the trick at all.

And I know you were kidding.

misterham

[120]Oct 16, 2006
    i'm pretty sure the boulder took more than one step

and you could be right that katara doesn't know how to puppet people, but i think that her bending skill is good enough to be able to do it.

and the puppet trick is virtually instantaneous, and i doubt they will be 100 ft apart at the start of the match, so if katara is able to do the puppet trick, i think she'd win

if she can't, then what taang said about the advantages/disadvantages is correct