We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Full Moon waterbending vs Sozin's Comet firebending.

Who would win?

BlackSparrow720

[1]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 2

This matchup would have been great in the show! If only there was a full moon on the finale I wonder what the water tribe would have done to help out the war effort.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MauricXe

[2]Jul 21, 2008

Good question. I always wondered that myself.

I guess we assume that the waterbender has adequate access to water

Probably the firebender. Like you said in the poll, Sozin's comet only comes once every hundred years for a reason.

But... Katara's blood bending trumps any Firebender + Comet. That even includes Sozin or Aang.

Btw, Iroh is weaker than Sozin. Maybe its due to age but from his comments during the last episodes it sounded like he had doubts on his ability to defeat Sozin.

snowprincess456

[3]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    MauricXe wrote:

Probably the firebender. Like you said in the poll, Sozin's comet only comes once every hundred years for a reason.

But... Katara's blood bending trumps any Firebender + Comet. That even includes Sozin or Aang.

Btw, Iroh is weaker than Sozin. Maybe its due to age but from his comments during the last episodes it sounded like he had doubts on his ability to defeat Sozin.

Do you mean Ozai or Sozin?

suss2it

[4]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    Sozin's Comet is like 100 suns, so I'm gonna say the Comet is more powerful.

To all those who voted for the moon, why? The plot revolves around the fact that Sozin's Comet puts them at a distinct advantage of everyone else, so it's clearly more powerful.

suss2it

[5]Jul 21, 2008
    MauricXe wrote:

Also take into account that only 2 people can bloodbend.

qtwanderer

[6]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 27
    A full moon would not help much...the comet gave firebenders the strenght of 10 suns...thats more than enough to take out a "normal" waterbender.

djdfire

[7]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if their was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?

suss2it

[8]Jul 21, 2008
    qtwanderer wrote:
    A full moon would not help much...the comet gave firebenders the strength of 10 suns...that's more than enough to take out a "normal" waterbender.
    It was actually 100 suns.

pc_fan03

[9]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yes, a full moon comes once... I dunno.. a month maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong. But like you said in the poll, Sozin's Comet only comes every 100 years for a reason.

funnyman1278

[10]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    Obviously the comet would be more powerful. I mean yeah the full moon increases a waterbender's ablilities but just look at the firebending when the comet arrived!

OrangeOctopi

[11]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    djdfire wrote:
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if their was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?

Well, every once in a while the moon reaches a point where it is closest to the earth. The chances of that happening durring a full moon would probably put it close to once in a hundred years. Maybe that would give the waterbenders the same kind of advantage. (Yes, I am a science geek, thanks for noticing)

MauricXe

[12]Jul 21, 2008
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    MauricXe wrote:

Ozai. Thanks.

@sussit2it

In a 1v1 matchup Katara would beat any firebender with bloodbending. If she has developed her skill enough to control multiple people, well she could take on any group of firebenders.

But in the general sense, the fire nation vs any others = fire nation win.

[13]Jul 21, 2008
    I would like to see Fire + Comet vs Water + raining

djdfire

[14]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    OrangeOctopi wrote:
    djdfire wrote:
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if there was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?
    Well, every once in a while the moon reaches a point where it is closest to the earth. The chances of that happening durring a full moon would probably put it close to once in a hundred years. Maybe that would give the waterbenders the same kind of advantage. (Yes, I am a science geek, thanks for noticing)
    Interesting. Especially since the comet comes once every 100 hundred years. I wonder what would happen if the were to occur at the same time?

-TheSecondSign-

[15]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 8

The power gained by the comet is immense. It is far more powerful than the full moon is to a waterbender. Ozai began torching miles of landscape with one handing while laughing maniacally.

No way is the full moon on the same tier of power. Then again, the comet comes once every 100 years.

Darth_Bro

[16]Jul 21, 2008

I think Full moon waterbending is equal or a little bit more than firebending when the Sun is highest

which means Sozin's Comet iFire bending s almot 100 times stronger

OrangeOctopi

[17]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    djdfire wrote:
    OrangeOctopi wrote:
    djdfire wrote:
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if there was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?
    Interesting. Especially since the comet comes once every 100 hundred years. I wonder what would happen if the were to occur at the same time?

THE MOST AWESOME BENDING BATTLE EVER!
    Or, if it was at a time of peace, they would do a lot of cool demonstrations and stuff.

freshdth

[18]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 3

Water benders witha full moon is like someone with an energy drink, it boosts you up but only so you can perform just a good amount better than normaly can.

Firebenders with sozins comet is like a persons cells had been chraged with nuclear energy and is able to seemingly use untold amounts of energy 100 times greater than thought possible.

so in my opinion Firebenders FTW

suss2it

[19]Jul 21, 2008
    MauricXe wrote:
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    MauricXe wrote:

Ozai. Thanks.

@sussit2it

In a 1v1 matchup Katara would beat any firebender with bloodbending. If she has developed her skill enough to control multiple people, well she could take on any group of firebenders.

But in the general sense, the fire nation vs any others = fire nation win.

That's not necerssarily true. Firstly Katara doesn't like bloodbending (I guess it feels like raping someone), if she were to attempt to bloodbend during a full moon, but with the comet out, she'd get killed. If she were up against let's say Ozai, she needs to control his entire body, but if you watch, the people she controls always move a little bit, and because he's really muscular there's more of him to control, so he could probably spit over whelming fire at Katara, thus destroying her focus, and then finishing her off with lightning.

I would like to see Fire + Comet vs Water + raining
    How exactly would rain help against the Comet?

ISpeakTheTruth

[20]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 33
    I don't think its much of a debate. A skilled firebender with the power of the comet is going to beat any one bender... heck a single firebender could probably take out 20 if he/she was at a distance did you see the carnage that a dozen of them could do together? They whipped out an entire forest in a minute.

And the power of the Comet was enough to let a skilled Firebender nearly defeat an avatar who knew all four elements (Not counting the Avatar State)