We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Full Moon waterbending vs Sozin's Comet firebending.

Who would win?

MauricXe

[21]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    suss2it wrote:
    MauricXe wrote:
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    MauricXe wrote:

Good question. I always wondered that myself.

I guess we assume that the waterbender has adequate access to water

Probably the firebender. Like you said in the poll, Sozin's comet only comes once every hundred years for a reason.

But... Katara's blood bending trumps any Firebender + Comet. That even includes Sozin or Aang.

Btw, Iroh is weaker than Sozin. Maybe its due to age but from his comments during the last episodes it sounded like he had doubts on his ability to defeat Sozin.

Do you mean Ozai or Sozin?

Ozai. Thanks.

@sussit2it

Also take into account that only 2 people can bloodbend.

In a 1v1 matchup Katara would beat any firebender with bloodbending. If she has developed her skill enough to control multiple people, well she could take on any group of firebenders.

But in the general sense, the fire nation vs any others = fire nation win.

That's not necerssarily true. Firstly Katara doesn't like bloodbending (I guess it feels like raping someone), if she were to attempt to bloodbend during a full moon, but with the comet out, she'd get killed. If she were up against let's say Ozai, she needs to control his entire body, but if you watch, the people she controls always move a little bit, and because he's really muscular there's more of him to control, so he could probably spit over whelming fire at Katara, thus destroying her focus, and then finishing her off with lightning.
    I would like to see Fire + Comet vs Water + raining
    How exactly would rain help against the Comet?

Katara will bloodbend against the Fire Nation during the comet and against Ozai on any given day. She did agaisnt that man she believed was her mother's killer. Don't uderestimate her.

And the size of his muscles has nothing to do with it. His blood flows throughout his body, including his muscles. She can control every part of his body. The people she has blood bended are only allowed to do what she wants them to do.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Axrendale

[22]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    A fight between comet powered firebenders and moon powered waterbenders would never happen. The energy of the comet is such that it shines just as brightly as the sun. If the comet were to arrive at night, the light of the comet would light everything up and make it daytime again.

ISpeakTheTruth

[23]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 33
    No it was at night and we are left to assume that it was a full moon that night as well because of the rules that were set down in the bloodbendng episode. Afterall the master herself was only able to bloodbend during a full moon and she had years and years under her belt.

Lets not think of Katara as some waterbending god now.

[24]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    waterbending under a full moon???......what happens under the full moon guys????? have you remembered?????? BLOOD BENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if all the waterbenders came to the fire nation, they could just control every soldier....or alot...and have them fight other soldiers!!!! katara could get the bravery to teach others how to blood bend and then everything would be okay.....except that would be a horrible fnale and a short one too.....but if it wasnt a show and it was real life...thta would've been a good way to go!!!

misterham

[25]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    firebender would win unless the waterbender knew how to bloodbend.

suss2it

[26]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    MauricXe wrote:
    Katara will bloodbend against the Fire Nation during the comet and against Ozai on any given day. She did agaisnt that man she believed was her mother's killer. Don't uderestimate her.

And the size of his muscles has nothing to do with it. His blood flows throughout his body, including his muscles. She can control every part of his body. The people she has blood bended are only allowed to do what she wants them to do.

More muscles = more blood = more blood to bend. And Katara can't bend on any day, only on a full moon. And if his head is free from control,hecan firebend with his mouth.

And when you say bloodbend against the fire nation, she can only control so many soldiers, and Ozai always has his imperial fire soldiers with him.

Edited on 07/22/2008 1:40pm

suss2it

[27]Jul 22, 2008
    waterbending under a full moon???......what happens under the full moon guys????? have you remembered?????? BLOOD BENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if all the waterbenders came to the fire nation, they could just control every soldier....or alot...and have them fight other soldiers!!!! katara could get the bravery to teach others how to blood bend and then everything would be okay.....except that would be a horrible fnale and a short one too.....but if it wasnt a show and it was real life...thta would've been a good way to go!!!
    Just so you know, only Hama & Katara know how to bloodbend, and it would take very long to teach every waterbender how to bloodbend, especially since it's a vile act, many people wouldn't even want to learn it.
    Edited on 07/22/2008 1:42pm

[28]Jul 22, 2008

suss2it wrote:
    Just so you know, only Hama & Katara know how to bloodbend, and it would take very long to teach every waterbender how to bloodbend, especially since it's a vile act, many people wouldn't even want to learn it.

to save the world, they should learn it...and hammah didnt even teach Katara....Katara just did it herself cuz aang and sokka were about to kill each other......if Katara could learn it that fast...so can other waterbenders.....if they wanted to, thats great...if they didnt, then they dont have to.....but it would be easier to defeat the fire nation if more people knew how to blood bend........

suss2it

[29]Jul 22, 2008

suss2it wrote:

to save the world, they should learn it...and hammah didnt even teach Katara....Katara just did it herself cuz aang and sokka were about to kill each other......if Katara could learn it that fast...so can other waterbenders.....if they wanted to, thats great...if they didnt, then they dont have to.....but it would be easier to defeat the fire nation if more people knew how to blood bend........

Katara is clearly a prodigy though.

[30]Jul 22, 2008
    suss2it wrote:

suss2it wrote:

Katara is clearly a prodigy though.

true....and she was also under alot of pressure.....should i blood bend to save my best friend and my brother??? or not????.......ya......but.....it is a fiction series.......so anything could happen...it just wouldnt be as real as possible...but alot of things wouldnt happen in real life (excluding bending....like situations)

misterham

[31]Jul 22, 2008
    suss2it wrote:

bloodbending's vile, but encasing someone in ice isn't? there's really no difference between bloodbending and the way katara took azula down

[32]Jul 22, 2008

misterham wrote:
    suss2it wrote:
    bloodbending's vile, but encasing someone in ice isn't? there's really no difference between bloodbending and the way katara took azula down

that was more of a battle move....not possessing somones body...

tico1125

[33]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    Bingo to Misterham and Avataraang113!

In the end, bloodbending can be taught to any waterbender. It doesn't matter if they are a prodigy or not. It has to do with the knowledge of the bender. If the bender can pull the water from a plant then they can control the water in a body. It goes with the concept of "unseen water." Bloodbending is the same as freezing someone in ice. It becomes a part of controlling a person in some way. So I think bloodbending wins hands down. They can't firebend if they can't move or breath. Also keep in mind that controlling the water in the body brings waterbending to new heights. If they can extract the water from plants, then why not take it out of humans. Without water, you dehydrate and die. I leave you all with this thought on this topic:
    Water is the element of life. Without it, Earth would not be able to sustain humanity.

tico1125

[34]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 6

misterham wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

that was more of a battle move....not possessing somones body...

Yes it is possessing their body. The word possession means to hold for one's own. So freezing it in place is possessing it for yourself. If I came to you and use liquid nitrogen on you to freeze you and put you on my front lawn, I have just taken possession of your body.

No matter what argument you make, freezing someone is just the same as freezing their arms and legs from moving in bloodbending. Simple point, your body is not your own anymore. Someone has taken it from you. Just the same when Tai Li paralyzes by hitting the pressure points. You lose control of your body.

Teranef

[35]Jul 22, 2008
    OrangeOctopi wrote:
    djdfire wrote:
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if their was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?
    Well, every once in a while the moon reaches a point where it is closest to the earth. The chances of that happening durring a full moon would probably put it close to once in a hundred years. Maybe that would give the waterbenders the same kind of advantage. (Yes, I am a science geek, thanks for noticing)
    Yes, but do you remember the scientific term for it? Is it Apagee or is it Perigee? Which is it?

suss2it

[36]Jul 22, 2008
    Well basically bloodbending is useless seeing as though it can only come out on a full moon, but Sozin's Comet wasn't out with the Moon. True anyone can learn bloodbending, but everyone isn't aware of it, everyone isn't aware that they can even bend plants with water. A part of the reason why Katara was able to learn bloodbending so quick was because it's the same as plantbending, and aside from the Swamp guys no other waterbenders knows of that technique.

[37]Jul 22, 2008

suss2it wrote:
    Well basically bloodbending is useless seeing as though it can only come out on a full moon, but Sozin's Comet wasn't out with the Moon. True anyone can learn bloodbending, but everyone isn't aware of it, everyone isn't aware that they can even bend plants with water. A part of the reason why Katara was able to learn bloodbending so quick was because it's the same as plantbending, and aside from the Swamp guys no other waterbenders knows of that technique.

the first thread message said...."if it was a full moon during SC"

anyways....what i meant was controlling.....freezing someone isnt controlling....i mean like controlling actions.....freezing you in ice isnt forcing you to do anything!!!!

fergie1616

[38]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    Bloodbending has the potential to be WAY more deadly then Sozin's Comet but since this show is on a kid's network we can never see what it can really do. If bloodbending is really controlling the water inside one's body then a waterbender could essentially make that freeze or boil right there, causing an instant and gruesome death. With this power there is no reason why a single waterbender couldn't wipe out a 100 firebenders in minutes.

Hiei1314

[39]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    freshdth wrote:

Water benders witha full moon is like someone with an energy drink, it boosts you up but only so you can perform just a good amount better than normaly can.

Firebenders with sozins comet is like a persons cells had been chraged with nuclear energy and is able to seemingly use untold amounts of energy 100 times greater than thought possible.

so in my opinion Firebenders FTW

QFT! Well put, my friend. Well put

Halostar11

[40]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    djdfire wrote:
    OrangeOctopi wrote:
    djdfire wrote:
    As much as I hate to say it (because waterbending is my favorite), but Sozin's Comet firebending definitely trumps full moon waterbending on all levels. I mean did you see the way they were firebending? I mean they used the comet to destroy entire race! I wonder if there was something that could help waterbenders bend in such a way like that?
    Well, every once in a while the moon reaches a point where it is closest to the earth. The chances of that happening durring a full moon would probably put it close to once in a hundred years. Maybe that would give the waterbenders the same kind of advantage. (Yes, I am a science geek, thanks for noticing)
    Interesting. Especially since the comet comes once every 100 hundred years. I wonder what would happen if the were to occur at the same time?

That would be an intense battle worth paying for.

Seriously.