We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Full Moon waterbending vs Sozin's Comet firebending.

Who would win?

WeAreAwesome

[61]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 4

KingofIPirates wrote:
    WeAreAwesome wrote:
    And Zuko didn't really tire out Azula that much before he saved Katara.
    She still expended energy while in a crazed state meaning she would've been using more energy than usual to accomplish the same tasks as opposed to when your focused and more efficient in your maneuvers.

Haha, we could go on and on about this, but I still think that you might be underestimating Azula a little bit. I think in all of the situations we've seen her in, she never really seems to tire out that much at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[63]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 32
    WeAreAwesome wrote:
    but I still think that you might be underestimating Azula a little bit.
    Underestimating her? I'm saying that her deranged state compromised her true fighting skills.
    WeAreAwesome wrote:
    I think in all of the situations we've seen her in, she never really seems to tire out that much at all.
    Except her last one as she was already breathing hard not even a minute into the fight.
    WeAreAwesome wrote:
    That's true, but it's not like they were fighting together at the same time or anything.
    Plus after rewatching the fight, Katara had to use her wit to beat her as Azula continually had her on the run.

WeAreAwesome

[64]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 4

Listen, all I'm saying is that I believe Katara and Azula were basically evenly matched since Katara's waterbending wasn't enhanced,and Azula wasn't sane enough to fight effectivley. Forget about Zuko, because although he did put up a good fight, lets face it, Azula still had enough strength to defeat Katara if she only fought more carefully. And yes, Katara did use smarts, not just bending to deafeat Azula, but that's part of being a good bender, you need to be aware of your surroundings and use them and your bending to your advantage, Azula didn't do that.

In conclusion, I'm saying that a waterbender under the moon could defeat a firebender under Sozin's Comet, but it depends on the intellegence and skill of both, not just the value of their bending.For instance, if you had Zuko under Sozin's Comet VS Katara under moon power, Zuko would probably win because their both equally intellegent and strong, but if you had say, Katara under the moon VS somehalf-witted fire nation soldier under Sozin's Comet, Katara would most likely win because she's smarter and more skillful as a bender. That's why it would be close, because bending isn't the only factor in a fight.

Edited on 09/21/2010 4:47pm

Sofa_King1

[65]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    The firebending at the comet was weak, it took the fire lord exactly 58 seconds to melt Aang out of a rock. It would be close if it was average benders... but Katara vs Azula or Ozai.. Katara surely wins. Blood bending > fire bending... or she can even use ice in water bending and freeze Ozai in an ocean of ice.

KingofIPirates

[66]Sep 28, 2010
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    The firebending at the comet was weak, it took the fire lord exactly 58 seconds to melt Aang out of a rock. .
    This is not an unimpressive feat as you might thing it can take temperatures as high as 1200 degrees C to melt rock and when you factor in size it can take a 'considerable' amount of time.
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    or she can even use ice in water bending and freeze Ozai in an ocean of ice.
    Uh, fire melts ice far easier than it does rock. Anything above freezing and Ice immediately starts to melt.
    Edited on 09/28/2010 8:57pm

Sofa_King1

[67]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    [QUOTE="KingofIPirates"]
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    T
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    or she can even use ice in water bending and freeze Ozai in an ocean of ice.
    Uh, fire melts ice far easier than it does rock. Anything above freezing and Ice immediately starts to melt.

It's how Katara beat Azula.

KingofIPirates

[68]Sep 29, 2010
    Sofa_King1 wrote:

It's how Katara beat Azula.
    Katara had to lead/trick Azula on top of steel frame that had water underneath (that Azula wasn't momentarily aware of given her frenzied state); before that she was continually on the run from Azula's assault. If she had used the water, frozen it and directed it in a regular frontal attack against Azula she would've been overpowered, which is why Katara had to catch Azula off-guard even freezing herself along with Azula in order for the sneak attack to work.

_Flutterlight_

[69]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 15
    Well, as long as we're using purely hypothetical arguments, an expert waterbender could capture any firebender if they made the correct form of ice prison, and the thickness of the ice was maintained.

The waterbender would capture the firebender in a very tall cylinder of ice with extremely thick walls. The walls would have to be extremely thick, and the only air holes would be at the very top of the cylinder (and they would be about the size of a quarter). There would be a very narrow, hallow chamber where the firebender would be kept.

The height is the key to the prison. As the firebender attempts to melt his way out, the ice walls melt, slowly filling the prison with water. Because the prison is so tall, and so vertically oriented, the firebender is unable to melt his way out without the prison filling with water.

Also, the ice is slippery, that the fire bender cannot melt footholds and climb to the top of the prison. (And also, he cannot melt the top of the prison without it filling with water either.)

The firebender cannot evaporate the water either, because the environment is too cold for him to boil water without melting part of the prison.

In short, if the firebender tries to escape, he drowns.

Therefore, if the waterbender is able to create this prison during a battle with a firebender, the existence of a comet shouldn't matter.

Of course, the walls would have to be REALLY THICK, and the waterbender would have to have access to a LOT of water. But we're also assuming that a full moon and a fiery comet occur at the same time, and probably during day-light (seeing as the sun is where the firebenders draw their power. The comet is only a booster.) so I think it's okay to allow for additional assumptions.

lunamorgana100

[70]May 25, 2011
    • level: 1

i voted for water because it's my fav element but i think the firbenders would win. you guys made some great points on bloodbending, thou the sun is like the moon for firbenders, and the comet is like a 100 suns their out outpowered. what we need is a SC waterbender equvilent. it wouldnt matter if it was 2 bright 2 see the moon it would still be there. Yes bloodbending is more vile than what katara did 2 azula. i'm not sure if katara would want2 bloodbend but if it was the diff between victory and defeat she'd deal.

Edited on 05/25/2011 4:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.