We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Axrendale

[101]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 10

The thing is, as we cannot stress enough, Avatar was designed right from the start to be a trilogy. If another season were to be produced, then it would have lost something. It might be small, barely noticeable, but it would have lost something. Although there are and always will be a few kill-joys, the general consensus is that the finale and the way Avatar ended was perfect.

To fill in the time, a lot of us have turned to writing fanfiction. With all this passion, my personal belief is that Avatar would actually do very well having a series of EU books written. I am not talking comic adaptions - I am talking full length novels. I'd definitely read them

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[102]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    Axrendale wrote:

The thing is, as we cannot stress enough, Avatar was designed right from the start to be a trilogy. If another season were to be produced, then it would have lost something. It might be small, barely noticeable, but it would have lost something. Although there are and always will be a few kill-joys, the general consensus is that the finale and the way Avatar ended was perfect.

To fill in the time, a lot of us have turned to writing fanfiction. With all this passion, my personal belief is that Avatar would actually do very well having a series of EU books written. I am not talking comic adaptions - I am talking full length novels. I'd definitely read them

That's actually an amazing idea. I'd definitely buy them. Of course, it would have to be a GOOD author, not some teen-writing freak.

Axrendale

[103]Aug 27, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

That's actually an amazing idea. I'd definitely buy them. Of course, it would have to be a GOOD author, not some teen-writing freak.

Actually, the teen-writing freaks may well turn out as the best option. The reason that the Star Wars EU series worked out so well is because the books in that EU were written by authors specifically chosen because they were fanatical Star Wars fans. True entusiasm always brings out the best qualities in anything, IMO.

isabelwhatx

[104]Aug 27, 2008
    I'm just not going to enjoy reading something written by Meg Cabot, for instance. If you don't know who she is, she's a writer with painfully simple writing and way too conscious of the audience. I'm a literature freak, and I would be extremely disappointed. Of course, I would reread the book until I puke, but I wouldn't enjoy a second of it.

Axrendale

[105]Aug 27, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    I'm just not going to enjoy reading something written by Meg Cabot, for instance. If you don't know who she is, she's a writer with painfully simple writing and way too conscious of the audience. I'm a literature freak, and I would be extremely disappointed. Of course, I would reread the book until I puke, but I wouldn't enjoy a second of it.

Well, obviously whoever writes it has to be a good writer, but IMO, that takes second place to an entusiastic writer. Enthusiastic writers are usually good writers, so that all works out for the best.

Of course a great writer who is also entusiastic as hell would be a dream come true

isabelwhatx

[106]Aug 27, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

Well, obviously whoever writes it has to be a good writer, but IMO, that takes second place to an entusiastic writer. Enthusiastic writers are usually good writers, so that all works out for the best.

Of course a great writer who is also entusiastic as hell would be a dream come true

That's so beautiful, it's ridiculous. Wow, how awesome would it be if they actually wrote in depth books? If they were as serious as they were with LOTR, then I think it could be a serious hit.

readapost

[107]Aug 28, 2008
    Avatar books would be great. They could have like a time skip or something and tell how the Avatar world has changed.

FrigginGodess

[108]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    yeah. But it might turn to a huge mess at the end of the day...

shadowysea07

[109]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 25
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Why was this brought back? Hmph. Let me tell you guys something and DON'T FORGET:

1. There will be no season four! GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEADS. The creators had planned from the start that there would be only 3 seasons.
    2. There is a VERY slim chance there will be a new series, but it all depends on the success of the movies AKA Go see them!
    3. If there is going to be a new series, it won't contain any members of the gAang.
    4. Any other questions go to the AAQGAA thread. It's pinned for a reason.
    yes you are correct. just added a little. also if they make the spinoff it will have only 3 seasons. I hope they thouroughly plan it out this time if they plan to continue. please let there be less fillers quicker airings ect. avatar would of been done a year ago if they aired 2 eps a month or more. there is no way i'll watch a spinoff if it has these same problems

FrigginGodess

[110]Aug 28, 2008
    At least you have the 3 seasons. Come on. That's worth anything.

shasha2417

[111]Aug 28, 2008
    I really hope so. This show is awesome. You could really get addicted to it. But more than likely no even though people really want it to happen.

isabelwhatx

[112]Aug 28, 2008
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Why was this brought back? Hmph. Let me tell you guys something and DON'T FORGET:

1. There will be no season four! GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEADS. The creators had planned from the start that there would be only 3 seasons.
    2. There is a VERY slim chance there will be a new series, but it all depends on the success of the movies AKA Go see them!
    3. If there is going to be a new series, it won't contain any members of the gAang.
    yes you are correct. just added a little. also if they make the spinoff it will have only 3 seasons. I hope they thouroughly plan it out this time if they plan to continue. please let there be less fillers quicker airings ect. avatar would of been done a year ago if they aired 2 eps a month or more. there is no way i'll watch a spinoff if it has these same problems

Hm, it's true the hiatuses were quite disturbing. But, depending on the story line, is how many seasons there will be. It could be the first Avatar and maybe he/she doesn't know any bending. That would equal 4 seasons. Maybe they aren't going by which element their learning instead of which territories they're visiting. We can't determine the amount of seasons based off of this series.

FrigginGodess

[113]Aug 28, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Hm, it's true the hiatuses were quite disturbing. But, depending on the story line, is how many seasons there will be. It could be the first Avatar and maybe he/she doesn't know any bending. That would equal 4 seasons. Maybe they aren't going by which element their learning instead of which territories they're visiting. We can't determine the amount of seasons based off of this series.

Well, we're not sure. It's just a matter of time of when... or if... it will happen.

isabelwhatx

[114]Aug 28, 2008
    We'll either find out at the NYCC (which I am attending! ) or after the movies are released. But Bryke has said they are working on a new series, but it's in THE VERY early stages. So, that could be anything, really. If the script doesn't sell, well, too bad for us.

FireLordZuko93

[115]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

what do you have against teen-writing freaks? I take offence by that...I'm trying to write a book

FireLordZuko93

[116]Aug 28, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    We'll either find out at the NYCC (which I am attending! ) or after the movies are released. But Bryke has said they are working on a new series, but it's in THE VERY early stages. So, that could be anything, really. If the script doesn't sell, well, too bad for us.

You get to go to NYCC? LUCKY! tell us how it turns out!

isabelwhatx

[117]Aug 28, 2008
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

what do you have against teen-writing freaks? I take offence by that...I'm trying to write a book

Not teens that write, but adults that write FOR teens. I write a lot, too. It just repulses me when a full grown woman can only write a novel for someone in 7th grade. But that's just my opinion

isabelwhatx

[118]Aug 28, 2008
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Oh, I will . Possibly with some uber video footage.

FrigginGodess

[119]Aug 28, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Oh, I will . Possibly with some uber video footage.

Crud. I went to San Diego's Comic Con and no footage!

FireLordZuko93

[120]Aug 28, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Not teens that write, but adults that write FOR teens. I write a lot, too. It just repulses me when a full grown woman can only write a novel for someone in 7th grade. But that's just my opinion

Ahh ok