We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Huddab

[21]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 7
    gummiqueen wrote:
    No, I don't think will be getting another season with the gaang. But Yes, there will be more Avatar

CREATORS: "We really want to explore more of the avatar universe"

Or something like that. I can't remember excatly what they said.
    ok so it's pretty much what we've been hearing since mid summer still
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[22]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 15
    I only agree on it if it shows the gang and Zuko. they shouldnt make a new avatar and a whole new gang and plot and stuff, because that is just plain stupid. I love Avatar, but if they are just going to make a new season with whole different characters and stuff, i am not going 2 watch it because avatar is a great show and they are just going to ruin it! lets face it people, nothing last forever! ( though i wish some things would, like avatar!)
    Edited on 11/09/2007 8:58pm

yamiblade

[23]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    If they did I think it would most like be a five episode epilogue

azril_a9

[24]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 2
    No season 4 please but a continuation of this universe! Or maybe a story during the past before Aang or Roku was born which tells about the story of other avatars past like avatar Kyoshi,Kuruk,Yangchen and the one before her

BaouShotaruga

[25]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    A fourth season would be very nice. Remember, even if Aang defeats the Fire Lord, that doesn't simply fix all the damage that this war has caused.

There are areas that will still be under control of Fire Nation forces who either don't get the news of the Fire Lord's defeat or simply continue to occupy the area since they haven't been ordered not to, or assume that Zuko or Azula is now the Fire Lord and that he/she will want to continue as originally planned by the Fire Lord.

There will be new power struggles in Fire Nation dominated lands, with each Fire Nation army captain vying for control (think Old Japan and the rivaling Daimyos).

There will still be Fire Nation loyalists who will continue to fight for the "glory of the Fire Nation" and want to "restore" Zuko and/or Azula to their "rightful place" as ruler of the world.

Defeating the leader of a regime doesn't topple the regime completely. These are all problems that the Avatar will have to deal with. And he'll have to learn Firebending to do so.

The_White_Lotus

[26]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    i hope the 4th season is a prequal

gummiqueen

[27]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    Huddab wrote:
    gummiqueen wrote:
    No, I don't think will be getting another season with the gaang. But Yes, there will be more Avatar

CREATORS: "We really want to explore more of the avatar universe"

Or something like that. I can't remember excatly what they said.
    ok so it's pretty much what we've been hearing since mid summer still
    **headscratch** yeeeah, pretty much. But I really wish there would be a 4th season. I'm gunna miss these characters alot ...

evebok18

[28]Nov 14, 2007
    im all for season four but what would it be about

anakinjjg

[29]Nov 14, 2007
    BaouShotaruga wrote:
    A fourth season would be very nice. Remember, even if Aang defeats the Fire Lord, that doesn't simply fix all the damage that this war has caused.

There are areas that will still be under control of Fire Nation forces who either don't get the news of the Fire Lord's defeat or simply continue to occupy the area since they haven't been ordered not to, or assume that Zuko or Azula is now the Fire Lord and that he/she will want to continue as originally planned by the Fire Lord.

There will be new power struggles in Fire Nation dominated lands, with each Fire Nation army captain vying for control (think Old Japan and the rivaling Daimyos).

There will still be Fire Nation loyalists who will continue to fight for the "glory of the Fire Nation" and want to "restore" Zuko and/or Azula to their "rightful place" as ruler of the world.

Defeating the leader of a regime doesn't topple the regime completely. These are all problems that the Avatar will have to deal with. And he'll have to learn Firebending to do so.

Thank you, someone who acually gets it.

anakinjjg

[30]Nov 14, 2007
    No season 4? I'm boycotting avatar untill they write a 4th season about AANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilTwin77

[31]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 15
    BaouShotaruga wrote:

Anticlimactic = not happening.

bmillerd

[32]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    Fourth season won't happen for one (the only, most important) reason: they didn't plan for four seasons. They planned for three. What makes this show so good is that the storytelling is excellent, and well-crafted. It's well-balanced and thought out meticulously. Throwing in a fourth season at the end would be like a fourth grader playing see-saw with a 300 lb man--it just wouldn't work

Besides, I don't know why you guys want one more anyway. I mean, of course I want to see more Avatar, but not at the cost of destroying the brilliance of the entire product, which is what a fourth season would do. Spin-off? Sure. Prequel would be better than sequel, in my opinion, but I'd be disappointed if they did what so many good shows do: make way too many episodes.

I don't know why, but in America we're totally cool with running something into the ground until what was once amazing sucks. Because then we don't care about it anymore, so it's not so depressing when it's over. No other country does shows like that. England, for example, makes very few seasons in order to exercise some quality control. Look at "Friends." That show sucked for...well, just about all of the seasons. They kept making it because the ratings were good, not because there was some overarching storyline that needed to play out.

Eman5805

[33]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 14
    Yes. If it's well-written(which there is no doubt it will), then I'm all for it. Avatar has as much room for storytelling as Star Wars or Lord of the Rings and we all know how expanded that universe is. The whole 'it was planned for three" yeah, that was always what they said, but that was only in response to people talking about more of Aang and co. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very interested in what happens after the war is over. So I wanna say that, again, I'm all for it.

HumbleNewb

[34]Nov 14, 2007

I agree with the post Raien made, about the animes with 50, 36, or 13 episodes.

Also, on an older thread (don't remember the poster), I voted a 4th book solely for symmetry.

PsychoPass

[35]Nov 14, 2007
    I don't understand how you can sum up the entire series after such pivotal events occured in 9 episodes.?? I can't fathom how.

elvenwarrior11

[36]Nov 14, 2007
    another season would be nice, but it would ruin the entire show, especially if it didn't have the original characters.

stump2790

[37]Nov 14, 2007
    Nicasso_ wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:
    littlewillie610 wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:
    60 episodes isn't too short. *points in the direction of whatever thread it was where he posted a list of anime shows with 52, 26, or 13 episodes, all of which were some of the most ballinest series*
    Still,I want more avatar.
    *cue music*
    You can't
    always
    get whatcha waaant!

You can't
    always
    get whatcha waaant!
    That's why sometimes you leave the bar with an ugly chick. And that's how I met your mother

Finally I've been waiting 52 episodes for you to say that.

timmer_1

[38]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 9

I see the draw backs to the fourth season such as:

Only three seasons were slated to air

Which in turn leads to rushed story and character development

Possibilitiy that there will be a whole new set of characters, boo!

However i do see the upside as well:

Four elements four seasons,

I find it hard to grasp that Aang will learn firebending in the time remaining.

The fire nation is not a snake, cut off the head and the rest will die, it is a hydra, cut off a head and two more will take its place.

Lastly I believe there are still airbenders in the world we just havent found them yet.

So overall i think there should be four just to bring balance to the show, which anyone that has watched up till now knows is a major player in the whole Avatar universe. I hope they do make a 4th season but if they are going to do it half way it will be good for a watch but the end of the series will then be at the end of season 3.

ReflectTheStorm

[39]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    Mmmm, I'm good with three seasons.

Nicasso_

[40]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 19
    stump2790 wrote:
    Nicasso_ wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:
    littlewillie610 wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:
    60 episodes isn't too short. *points in the direction of whatever thread it was where he posted a list of anime shows with 52, 26, or 13 episodes, all of which were some of the most ballinest series*
    Still,I want more avatar.
    *cue music*
    You can't
    always
    get whatcha waaant!

You can't
    always
    get whatcha waaant!
    That's why sometimes you leave the bar with an ugly chick. And that's how I met your mother

Finally I've been waiting 52 episodes for you to say that.
    It's funny cos it's true. -_-