We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

ATLA Live Action Film: ** Gran Gran & Yue Casting** UPDATED 04/05/2009**

Will you see the teaser trailer?

the_mental_teen

[81]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    picaboomman wrote:

is this jonathan ngyun

i searched his name on google and this is what came up.......

i thought he would be much younger

I know, the guy seems to be a bit old... you sure it's him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Japanthewoman

[82]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 6

picaboomman wrote:
    (picture removed to avoid confusion)

is this jonathan ngyun

i searched his name on google and this is what came up.......

i thought he would be much younger

I doubt it. There's more than one Jonathan Ngyun in the world and not all of them will have a picture on the internet. I'll take my foot out of my mouth if it does turn out to be him but I really don't think it is. Seriously, that guy looks nearly 30.

Edited on 02/13/2008 2:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

DrAvatar

[84]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 16

Its not him. There was a picture of him in Unfabulous floating around but I cant seem to find it now. He does look Asian though.

You may want to remove the picture from your posts so theres no more confusion.

Edited on 02/08/2008 7:15pm

tomtitan

[85]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 19
    well it got pinned, that's good news.
    and that guy looks a tad too old.

TheFungusyOne

[86]Feb 11, 2008
    He's in Unfabulous? As what, an extra?

pureangel86

[87]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't care what the actors look like, well Sokka/Katara and Zuko/Azula have to look like they are related. As long as they portray the characters right. There have been plenty of movies theat have changed ethnicities of characters from the book/tv/whatever they were based on like in The Westing Game movie, Chris Theorderokis(Greek) was played by Shane West (Anglo).

tomtitan

[88]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 19
    i just saw the ben 10 LA movie, and obviously i was judging how well they converted the cartoon into LA, and besides horrific acting from the actress playing gwen and some mediocre special effects it turned out okay. since avatar has a prolific director in charge and quite a big budget (judging by the companies involved) i have a lot of hope for the movie. good luck shyalalalalalallamaman!

DrAvatar

[89]Feb 11, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    i just saw the ben 10 LA movie, and obviously i was judging how well they converted the cartoon into LA, and besides horrific acting from the actress playing gwen and some mediocre special effects it turned out okay. since avatar has a prolific director in charge and quite a big budget (judging by the companies involved) i have a lot of hope for the movie. good luck shyalalalalalallamaman!
    Its hard to compare it to a made for TV movie. The Dragonball movie will be a much better indicator.

superSokka

[90]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    DrAvatar wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Its hard to compare it to a made for TV movie. The Dragonball movie will be a much better indicator.
    Yeah, besides that Ben 10 movie really blowed. Avatar had better be 20 times better. M.Night worries me though. Some say his track record is ok, but that is just a matter of opinion, such as mine is the oppposite. I hope Mike and Brian can keep him from screwing this this up.

DrAvatar

[91]Feb 11, 2008
    I just read an article from Variety. It confirmed that the movie is slated for 2010 at the current time which agrees with imdb.

maximusgh

[92]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    Jonathan Nguyen is Asian thats all that matters. Im sick of all these White Heros. They get annoying! If they can make Elijiah Woods look like Frodo Baggins then im sure they can make Jonathan Nguyen look 12 or 13.

TheFungusyOne

[93]Feb 11, 2008
    ha, very true.

DrAvatar

[94]Feb 12, 2008
    maximusgh wrote:
    Jonathan Nguyen is Asian thats all that matters. Im sick of all these White Heros. They get annoying! If they can make Elijiah Woods look like Frodo Baggins then im sure they can make Jonathan Nguyen look 12 or 13.
    A lot of people say that having an Asian actor(s) is no big deal. But it is a big deal. What was the last major movie or TV show to star an Asian actor? Now think to the last time you saw a kids movie/TV show with an Asian in the lead role? Its not that easy to think of one, and I cant think of one at all. Now consider the fact that they are targeting Asians specifically and it is likely that more that one role will be filled with an Asian actor. This will be different from any Nick Movie ever made.

_Nalesnik_

[95]Feb 12, 2008
    DrAvatar wrote:
    maximusgh wrote:
    A lot of people say that having an Asian actor(s) is no big deal. But it is a big deal. What was the last major movie or TV show to star an Asian actor? Now think to the last time you saw a kids movie/TV show with an Asian in the lead role? Its not that easy to think of one, and I cant think of one at all. Now consider the fact that they are targeting Asians specifically and it is likely that more that one role will be filled with an Asian actor. This will be different from any Nick Movie ever made.

I can think of a couple: Rush Hour 1,2 and 3, shanghai noon, shangai knights. Granted all those are played by Jackie Chan as the lead role, I can't think of any other asian lead actor. *gasps* i just though of somehting! do u think they'll cast Jackie Chan for the movie!! he should so get the role of Aang.

_Nalesnik_

[96]Feb 12, 2008
    oh, I just though of another: Jet Li, he starred in "the one" and that other movie where they put a dog collar device on him so he can be a weapon (forgot the name of it)

_Nalesnik_

[97]Feb 12, 2008
    oh and another: lucy liu, she co-starred in the charlie's angels movies, and that's all the movies I can rmeeber that she starred in. buy yea

***SPOILER***

arrowjake

[98]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    wen are auditions??? let us know wen and where to go to audition for parts in the movie!!

TheFungusyOne

[99]Feb 12, 2008
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    DrAvatar wrote:
    maximusgh wrote:

I can think of a couple: Rush Hour 1,2 and 3, shanghai noon, shangai knights. Granted all those are played by Jackie Chan as the lead role, I can't think of any other asian lead actor. *gasps* i just though of somehting! do u think they'll cast Jackie Chan for the movie!! he should so get the role of Aang.

Nah, Jackie Chan should go Jeong Jeong - but he'll probably be cut from the movie

Wow... Jackie bald with an arrow on his head... *laughs*

Psyche987

[100]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 8

DrAvatar wrote:
    maximusgh wrote:

Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jackie Chan....ow and Brandon Lee....uh, let's forget about the last one . And well.....there's a LOT of great Korean, Japanese and Chinese, Thai movies out there. And don't forget about the guy from Heroes. Also that 'guy who appears everywhere but I forget his name'; the korean actor who played that guy in LOST and you could see him also at the Wolfram and Heart firm from Angel and erm....he even was there in Spiderman 2. These guys are all a bit old for the kids parts, but I BET they could ask a lot of newbies from the asian moviemaking industry (like the actresses of Two Sisters and so on). I bet if they work hard they will speak english in no time....if they'd want to help with this project..... Who says being asian would spoil your acting? Lol btw. Dante Basco could audition for an older part too (CABBAGEMAN!)....if he'd want to.

Edited on 02/12/2008 3:21am