We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

A New Nation

theedmaster

[1]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    The series has been declared over, but what if something else lurks beyond the four nations? We know of the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Air Nomads, and the Fire Nation, but what else may there be? Your idea may help pull the creators together for extending the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Water78

[2]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 47
    the creators theseselves dont take ideas from any avatar board they have admitted that. i would like to see a type shape bending were a person could shape an illusion

theedmaster

[3]Jul 21, 2008
    Oh, I know that. Obviously the series is cancelled. But you never know just what advice they'll take.

Teranef

[4]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 4

I think it's good the way it is. I don't think there should be other nations

But if there had to be another nation, maybe a pure energy bending nation or a spirit-bending nation

or a non-bending nation

it could be called the loser nation!

And Ozai could be their loser lord!

Edited on 07/21/2008 3:32pm

pc_fan03

[5]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    theedmaster wrote:
    Oh, I know that. Obviously the series is cancelled. But you never know just what advice they'll take.
    "Cancelled" is the wrong word. It ended, it wasn't cancelled.

theedmaster

[6]Jul 21, 2008
    Of course. Everyone has their opinions. But what if it was just a one episode deal? That it doesn't exist in later episodes?

edmasterchaos

[7]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 41
    theedmaster wrote:
    It wasn't cancelled, it ended, the creators said there would only be 3 seasons, Nick offered them more, they said they would make a spin-off then, altough that was about 2 years ago.

They don't even come here, and the only advices they have taken so far were the ones from the Voice Actors and animators.

No offense, but this is useless, please don't make threads, we're kinda in an overload here ^_^;;

*stares at name* huh.

dumb_person1

[8]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 41
    That would be a good idea, but I don't think that adding other nations to the story would be a great idea. it's better having the original four nations and a new storyline that bases in something else rather than saving the world and that has the same characters and many new ones.

picaboomman

[9]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 18
    hopefully there will be a spin off

theedmaster

[10]Jul 21, 2008

dumb_person1 wrote:
    That would be a good idea, but I don't think that adding other nations to the story would be a great idea. it's better having the original four nations and a new storyline that bases in something else rather than saving the world and that has the same characters and many new ones.

Of course, that's the same with many other shows. The "nations" in Avatar are unique, so adding a new one for just one episode would sound pretty cool if you think about it.

theedmaster

[11]Jul 21, 2008

edmasterchaos wrote:
    theedmaster wrote:
    It wasn't cancelled, it ended, the creators said there would only be 3 seasons, Nick offered them more, they said they would make a spin-off then, altough that was about 2 years ago.

They don't even come here, and the only advices they have taken so far were the ones from the Voice Actors and animators.

No offense, but this is useless, please don't make threads, we're kinda in an overload here ^_^;;

*stares at name* huh.

Not to get off topic, but you didn't have to include the stare at name thing.

theedmaster

[12]Jul 21, 2008
    theedmaster wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    theedmaster wrote:

*stares at name* huh.

Oh, and no offense, but this isn't completely useless. You never know if it comes back on air. That happens with many shows.

theedmaster

[13]Jul 21, 2008
    theedmaster wrote:
    theedmaster wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    theedmaster wrote:

*stares at name* huh.

Oh, and no offense, but this isn't completely useless. You never know if it comes back on air. That happens with many shows.

And I will not make ANY more Avatar threads. I'll continue, however, to post others.

carlsonem

[14]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    Each nation has an element that corresponds with each nation. In ancient Chinese culture(which avatar is based on) There are only the four elements. So i doubt a new nation will come into play because there is no more elements to correspond with the said nation.

Mapletree46

[15]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 17
    Yes you can't forget the MapleTree Productions nation or the Galactic Empire

MaddoKos

[16]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    Wood and metal were also considered elements in the Chinese system. However, metalbending is covered by earthbenders (well, Toph at least) and woodbending is covered by waterbenders (kind of).

theedmaster

[17]Jul 21, 2008

carlsonem wrote:
    Each nation has an element that corresponds with each nation. In ancient Chinese culture(which avatar is based on) There are only the four elements. So i doubt a new nation will come into play because there is no more elements to correspond with the said nation.

Hmmm...you may have a point.

peplarry12

[18]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    I don't know what one would be called.

ThisCrazyGuy

[19]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    There are four elements, and four nations... That is the way it has always been... A energy-bending/spirit-bending nation wouldn't really be that good, because, 1. It's not an element, and a nation like that would kind of mess up the coolness of the show, and 2. What would be th point?

FrigginGodess

[20]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 22
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    There are four elements, and four nations... That is the way it has always been... A energy-bending/spirit-bending nation wouldn't really be that good, because, 1. It's not an element, and a nation like that would kind of mess up the coolness of the show, and 2. What would be th point?

Healing sellouts.