We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Your Top 10 Worst episodes

Sabrespongebob

[1]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 16

1) Professor Squidward (Worst Episode Ever)
    2) New Leaf
    3) Battle of Bikini Bottom
    4) Penny Foolish
    5) SpongeHenge
    6) Growth Spout
    7) Grooming Gary
    Pineapple Fever
    9) Fungus Among Us
    10) Dear Vikings

What are yours

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sciencegirl09

[2]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 15

^You hate Pineapple Fever?

Here's mine:

1. The Splinter

2. Battle of Bikini Bottom

3. Good Neighbors

4. Penny Foolish

5. To Love A Patty

6. Ghost Host

7. Pat No Pay

8. SpongeHenge

9. Fungus Among Us

10. All That Glitters

Edited on 11/29/2009 8:58am

spongebobfan200

[3]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 30
    You hate the underrated ones? Well, okay.

10.Best Frienemies
    9.Sleepy Time
    8.As Seen On TV
    7.Can You Spare a Dime?
    6.Pizza Delivery
    5.Home Sweet Pineapple
    4.All That Glitters
    3.Goo Goo Gas
    2.SquidBob TentaclePants
    1.I Was a Teenage Gary

marebear2009

[4]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 27
    sciencegirl09 wrote:

^You hate Pineapple Fever?

Here's mine:

1. The Splinter

2. Battle of Bikini Bottom

3. Good Neighbors

4. Penny Foolish

5. To Love A Patty

6. Ghost Host

7. Pat No Pay

8. SpongeHenge

9. Fungus Among Us

10. All That Glitters

I loved Pineapple Fever, too. Anyway, here's mine.

1. The Splinter

2. Karate Island

3. Dear Vikings

4. Atlantis Squarepantis

5. To Love a Patty

6. Shell of a Man

7. Spongicus

8. Nature Pants

9. Good Neighbors

10. Battle of Bikini Bottom

By the way, someone else made a thread like this a long time ago.

Edited on 11/29/2009 9:50am
    Edited 2 total times.

Ford_Chick

[5]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 5

You hate Pineapple Fever??

Here are mine:

1.the Splinter

2. Professor Squidward

3. Good Neighbors

4. Penny Foolish

5. Battle of Bikini Bottom

6. New Leaf

7. Dear Vikings

8. Pest of the West

9. Atlantis Squarepantis

10. Dunces & Dragons

SeaSpongez

[6]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 14
    1. Good Neighbors: This has been in the same position on this list for four years, and I don't think it'll ever change. Truly a godawful episode, with no funny moments whatsoever, Patrick and SpongeBob being annoying, one of the four times the Squidward abuse actually disgusted me (the other times being Club SpongeBob, Good 'Ol Whatshisname and Boating Buddies) and worst of all, THIS is the episode where the show went downhill, and the first time I watched it is when I realised the little square dude wasn't the same. 2. Fungus Among Us: Wow. This episode is beyond horrible. No jokes at all, disgusting moments, it's safe to say this episode was a true stinker. This was the last episode of Season 5 I saw for the first time, and I saved the worst for last.

3. Boating Buddies: Me and JFJ seem to the in the minority of people who hate this episode. And both of us HATE it. There is nothing funny about it, just pure Squidward torture, which normally I don't mind, but this time I did. I actually defended this episode from Rae (if anyone out there still remembers him) before I saw it, but now I realise why he hated it so much.

4. The Battle of Bikini Bottom: "Hey guys, people seem to LOOOOVE our gross out humor so much, let's make a whole episode with nothing but it!". These must have been the words of the "genius" writer who came up with this episode. And he was dead wrong. This episode almost made me gasp at it's awfulness, I mean it's just Patrick and SpongeBob being idiots and doing stuff with garbage. Also seriously...Patrick likes to be dirty? What kind of personality trait is that? Worst plot in the shows history, and one of the worst episodes.

5. Professor Squidward: My oh my oh my. I guess they realised Squilliam had been in all great episodes, so why not even the score and put him in one of the worst of all-time. What was this episode? SpongeBob and Patrick annoying Squidward. This episode featured that and only that. They simply did everything in their power to torture Squidward and be very unfunny while doing it. This one just plain sucks.

6. Ghost Host: This is one of those episodes that I hate just for being unfunny. Not gross (for the most part) or disturbing (once again for the most part), this episode just doesn't make me laugh. At all. Oh ya, also the Power Within was pointless.

7. Pet or Pests: What a pointless episode. I fell they put less effort into this episode than other, it was just gross moments and no real jokes. The worms were unbelieveably gross, why not just use the regular worm design? Plus negative points for Gary being mean to Mr. Wormsley, I actually felt sorry for the thing.

8. Spongehenge: BOOOOOOOOORING. A rip-off of Jellyfish, this episode features jellyfish being attracted to the sounds that come from SpongeBob's, err, holes when winds blows through them. C'mon, a rip-off and a stupid plot? The Battle of Bikini Bottom , you might number one on the Worst Plot list, but you've got a reasonably close number 2. Also I don't know what aliens are doing in SpongeBob...

9. Good 'Ol Whathisname: Pure Squidward torture. Actually in my opinion the worst Squidward abuse ever. All he wants is to win a vacation, and he gets 10 years of prison for it? Cruel and unrealistic. Plus who gives a brochure for a prize? Like really? The ending might have been a little funny, but it rips off SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, is confusing and adds unneeded sorrow to Squidward. 10. Reef Blowers: Oh pre-movie, you came so close to avoiding this list, but this episode makes it. It is quite simply boring, there is nothing else to say about it. The visual humor wasn't funny, despite what some pre-movie defenders say about it. Plus the lack of talking means no spoken jokes, which is hands down my favorite type of humor. I didn't mind the Squidward abuse, he did deserve what he got, so I won't hold that against the episode. There's a bit of a drop-off in horribleness between 9 and 10, but I found this one to be a snoozefest.

RalphWiggumFan

[8]Dec 6, 2009

10. Rise And Shine - I don't like these really short episodes. Okay, it was a little funny. But we all know Patrick's stupid, we don't need emphasis on that fact.

9. Dunces And Dragons - The only saving grace for this dud was Squidly, the Royal Fool. His song to the king cracked me up. Other than that, kind of weird and unfunny ep.

8. Procrastination - It was like Pink Elephants On Parade meets SpongeBob. And believe me, that's not good in my books.

7. Patrick SmartPants - SEVERELY overrated episode, I didn't find it funny at all. Except for this one quote by Sandy: "I liked you better when you were a barnacle-head!" My hopes for it were high, so that may have been part of the reason too.

6. Funny Pants - This is when I noticed the squeaky change in SpongeBob's laugh. And he kept on laughing, and laughing... too bad I wasn't.

5. Waiting - SpongeBob waits for a toy. Patrick wrecks it. Squidward fixes it. The end. Short of ideas much?

4. Good Neighbours - Horrible episode for Squidward, one of my favourite characters. And it wasn't all that funny either.

3. Fungus Among Us - Everbody calls "The Splinter" the most disgusting episode. This one? Made me want to puke in my mouth. Several times. Like, honestly? Seeing everbody covered in whatever that was was a bit much.

2. Reef Blowers - One for the "what the heck were they thinking?" files. I realize that it was one of the very first eps, but it was unnecessary and weird.

1. Enemy-In-Law - The most boring episode I've ever seen. Also, a strange plot: Plankton dating Mr. Krabs' mom? Also, Karen was a little too mean in this ep.

Dishonourable mentions:
    Skill Crane
    Spongehenge
    All That Glitters
    Battle of Bikini Bottom
    Goo Goo Gas
    Stanley S. SquarePants
    The Two Faces Of Squidward
    The Krusty Sponge
    Rule of Dumb
    The Thing
    Once Bitten
    Squeaky Boots

...and I think that's it.

Edited on 12/06/2009 7:40am
    Edited 2 total times.

jjsthekid

[9]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 21

Here is my list. Of course, i don't think any episode was actually terrible ( Except for maybe 2 or 3). Please don't get mad at me if you disagree with my Top 10 Worst episodes. I am just giving my opinions.

10. Squids Visit- Sigh, this episode came close to avoiding the list, but i couldn't get it out of my head. To start, it was really creepy with a very few funny moments. Also, this episode made Spongebob look like a stalker or something! No offense, but he copied Squidwards house the EXACT way. I guess you could say this episode is mainly another Squidward Abuse episode.

9. Pet or Pests- Wow. Alot of people hate this episode, including me and even Tvfan it seems. I agree that Gary was acting really mean to the worm and the poor worm didn't do anything wrong ( Of course, that is how pets act though)! Also, alot of gross moments. The ending was just weird, but i guess it was nice the worms got a home.

8. Pat No Pay- OK, this episode just prooves how stupid Patrick is. I think this is the episode that made me almost get annoyed of him. Almost every Patrick themed episode has been bad ( Except a few, such as No Hat for Pat). But this episode just pretty much prooved Patrick is the biggest idiot of the sea pretty much. I even felt sorry for Mr.Krabs!

7. The Donut Of Shame- Ugh, this episode is actually the WORST Patrick episode. The donut seemed so yummy at first, that is until Patrick did those sick things to it. I guess the writers thought," Oh hey, let's make a really gross episode with the ending showing Spongebob eating a donut that was put in alot of gross spots!" And guess what? This episode actually was probably the reason why Battle of Bikini Bottom was so gross and why they made it ( LUCKILY, that episode didn't manage to get on the list because i had some other episodes in its place).

6. Waiting- Wow, another 3 minute episode? No, i don't hate all of them. I just think some of them are boring and annoying( *Cough Pat No Pay Cough*). This episode also started Spongebob's annoying crying that we all hate. Also, there were very few good moments in it ( Though i did get a laugh at the ending). And Patrick eating Spongebob's cake was just so stupid.

5. Gullibe Pants- Another season 7 episode on this list? I guess you weren't expecting it, but i REALLY didn't like it ( Maybe at least a C rating). It was gross ( Not that much, but still), and stupid. Seriously, this plot was almost the same as ones where Mr.Krabs leaves the Krusty Krab and something bad happens while he is gone! I can't belive Spongebob was that dumb to believe Squidward and i think this episode introduced something called : Spongebob Abuse. I would have put it lower, but i just didn't like it that much.

4. Grandpappy The Pirate- Well, well, well a Mr.Krabs episode as a bad episode? I guess you weren't expecting that either, but i just didn't like it. When this episode first aired in Feburary, it was like a 7.9 out of 10 episode, which is not too bad. But a few hours or days later people started hating it like yesterday's news. I guess people hated it because : The Plot was reused from other shows pretty much, More Pearl being annoying, AND the ending was just," Huh?" Mr.Krabs would have been VERY mad if someone stole his money, but i guess they forgot that, or maybe he was just happy in that episode.

3. Gone- Wow, just wow. Plainest episode title ever. Not only that, but this episode was Spongebob Abuse to the max! People leave the city for a few weeks because they think he is annoying? Really? I know he can be annoying sometimes, but that was just harsh. Oh and then they ditch Patrick and leave because He is annoying! So, what would be next. Oh hmm, i don't know maybe getting away from Squidward day! Also, spongebob pretending to be everyone was creepy, yet funny at the same time. The Boat was just," What the?" I mean, i know it's a cartoon, but how was it even running by itself? Magic? Oh well.

2. Professor Squidward- Wow, this episode was ALMOST Number 1. But, there was another episode that i though was worse then this ( I know you probably think it is hard to believe, but it's true). This was again, Squidward Abuse to the max. And, they had to put Squilliam in this awful episode. Almost EVERYONE hates this episode on the whole site. Spongebob and Patrick going Tick, Tick Tick, was just creepy and annoying. And, it's pretty much all Spongebob and Patrick's fault he was arrested. I would go on longer, but i'll go easy on this episode.. for now.

Now, it's time for Number 1 ( You might be surprised by this one)!

1. The Card- Yes, you probably weren't expecting this. But, this was god awful. Gross, unfunny and boring. This episode had a alot of promise at first, and then it was awful. Like with professor Squidward, alot of people Hate this episode. This episode further prooved Patrick is extremely dumb. Patrick's use of the card was torture to spongebob and me. It would have been nice if one of the cards had not been ruined, but oh well.

That's my list.

frostbite200

[10]Dec 7, 2009
    (I haven't seen some of the episodes you guys have mentioned,my local TV
    station sucks) 1. Atlantis SquarePantis
    OH HOW I LOATH THE,the worst spongebob episode ever!!!!
    The reason this one is so bad is the same reason that "The Big One" is so bad-the whole episode is filler.

2. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One
    I think the only reason it was a special episode was because Johnny Depp decided he wanted to be in a SpongeBob episode for his kids.So they put Sandy and Mr. Krabs in there to fill up some time or the wrier just really sucks.

3. 20,000 Patties Under the Sea
    Gene Simmons in Spongbob-wrong.
    Plus it was just so random.

4. SpongeHenge
    For just being so random!!!

5. Krabby Land
    Overrated,annoying and not really that funny.

6. Bucket Sweet Bucket
    Why does every one in this episode act like they have never met before?.-weird.

7. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic
    Die,Kevin,die.

8. Blackjack
    Just don't really like this one.

9. SpongeBob B.C. (Before Comedy)
    It's not the worst ever,but with no dialogue it gets old fast.

10. I'm With Stupid
    I never like it when Patrick acts like jerk ether.

Dishonourable mention.

MuscleBob BuffPants
    I never like it when Spongebob acts like jerk.

Unfunny grosse pile.

Sun Bleached

No Nose Knows

To Love a Patty

Good Episodes-but kind of weird and annoying.

Tea at the Treedome

Funny Pants

Squid Wood

SpongebeachBob

[11]Dec 8, 2009
    I can mention only five:

5. Choir Boys: Pretty boring. Not really bad, just not interesting enough.
    4. Professor Squidward: At some points funny in a good way, bust most of the time: Blahg...
    3. Slide Whistle Stooges: Very poor written, Squidward was totally out of character.
    2. Grandpappy the Pirate: The writers did not do a very good job in this episode. The plot was like: Over 9 minutes the same things happened in this episode!!!
    1. The Splinter: You could have sort of expecting it. Worst episode EVER!
    Not gross or disgusting at all, just lame and boring...

Hmm... seems that there are only season six episodes in my list.

level2460

[12]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 10

1. To Love a Patty : As I said in one of my own forums, 'Gross and too stupid to watch.'UGH!!!

2. Atlantis Squarepantis: WEIRD!

3. All That Glitters: It has a poor plot. Not funny.

4. Ripped Pants: Song: Stupid! Plot: Not good. Humor: You proabably know what I'm gonna say. BOOO!

5. The Spinter: Gross when "Dr." Patrick comes by to "help" him. UuUuGgGgHhHhHh...

6. Sun Bleached: Poorly written.

7. Selling Out: The song that Mr. K. sings is just plain stupid.

8. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: Inapropriate. (I don't know how to spell this word.)

9. Banned in Bikini Bottom: BBBBBBOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!

10. Growth Spout: Pearl looks gross.

The new episodes are grosser than the originals. BOTTOM LINE!

Petflame999

[13]Mar 11, 2010

1) Funny Pants

2) Blackjack

3) To love a patty (Although i loved the song)

4) Pranks A Lot

5) Good Ol' Whathisname (I do like the episode, But it got boring)

That's all i can think of. I love spongebob. And why do everyone hate the splinter? I like it!

Petflame999

[14]Mar 11, 2010

I thought of two more

6) Fungus Among us: Gross

7) Spongebob VRS the big one: Boring

jjsthekid

[15]Mar 11, 2010

Petflame, please see the PM i just sent you if you want to know why you should stop reviving old threads.

^Again i'm not trying to be rude, but lately it has been annoying me and some others.

hockeyskillz

[16]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 2

Here's Mine

10. The Paper

hockeyskillz

[17]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 2

10. Fungas Among Us

9. Pets or Pests

sibowittz

[18]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 17
    10. Slide Whistle Stooges 9. Dunces and Dragons
    8. Flea In Her Dome
    7. Inmates of Summer
    6. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One
    5. The Clash of Triton
    4. Rodeo Daze 3. Karate Island
    2. All That Glitters
    1. Dear Vikings

Copper40

[19]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 12
    10. To love a patty
    9. Plankton's Regular
    8. Dear Vikings
    7. Rodeo Daze
    6. Barnacle Face
    5. License to Milkshake
    4. Penny Foolish
    3. House Fancy
    2. Face Freeze!
    1. The Splinter

epiclaser

[20]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 5

dunces and dragons is #8 on my top 20 favorites