We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"WhoBob WhatPants" official episode discussion

BenikiC

[41]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    pretty good overall. I thought it would have done well as a tv movie though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilovejn

[42]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    I didn't really like it only because of how rushed it felt. It was knda choppy. And what was up with the Bubble Poppers?! (The Bubble Poppers were the gang that tried to like beat up Spongebob) The name of their group sounded so childish!
    Edited on 10/18/2008 5:45am

JellyFishJammer

[43]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 29

RedSoxFan274 wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    I knew it was going to be a special since the moment I saw the "New TV Movie" thread back on july, there were no sources. By the way, I've seen the episode 3 times already!
    Really? When? Where? Hey it's 1:00 a.m. back there...hey you're like me you're a total night owl! It's 10p.m. here and I'll probably be up for another four hours!
    Nick, Nick2 and Turbo Nick. Now I've seen it 5 times, and will watch it tonight at 8:00! I'm like this with new episodes, because it will be months until Nick airs it again, unless I buy the DVD, but I doubt it, me= broke =\

And yeah, I have that bad habit to stay up late T_T

Edited on 10/15/2008 5:09pm

spongeboy22

[44]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    JellyFishJammer wrote:

RedSoxFan274 wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    I knew it was going to be a special since the moment I saw the "New TV Movie" thread back on july, there were no sources. By the way, I've seen the episode 3 times already!
    Really? When? Where? Hey it's 1:00 a.m. back there...hey you're like me you're a total night owl! It's 10p.m. here and I'll probably be up for another four hours!
    Nick, Nick2 and Turbo Nick. Now I've seen it 5 times, and will watch it tonight at 8:00! I'm like this with new episodes, because it will be months until Nick airs it again, unless I buy the DVD, but I doubt it, me= broke =\

And yeah, I have that bad habit to stay up late T_T

oh my gosh me too, sometimes i don't get to sleep until 2:30 AM on a school night, but for some reason i sleep fine on weekends

PokeSponge123

[45]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 20
    My bed is suddenly cozy and warm when I have to get up for school

I'd stay up until 11 if my laptop worked, but this computers in the front room.

walkerdoug

[46]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 23
    Man, this episode sucked. Did they even try making the episode good or at least funny.

IHeartSB

[47]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    ilovejn wrote:
    I didn't really like it only because of how rushed it felt. It was knda choppy. And what was up with the Bubble Poppers?! (The Bubble Poppers were the gang that tried to like beat up Spongebob) The name of their gtroup sounded so childish!

I have to agree that the Bubble Popping Boys were really stupid. They seemed only like filler. It was just a way to get Spongebob to become mayor of New Kelp City. I thought that the writers could have chosen a better way for him to become mayor. The whole Bubble Popping Boys thing was the worst part of the episode.

NegiSpongie

[48]Oct 16, 2008
    IHeartSB wrote:
    ilovejn wrote:
    I didn't really like it only because of how rushed it felt. It was knda choppy. And what was up with the Bubble Poppers?! (The Bubble Poppers were the gang that tried to like beat up Spongebob) The name of their gtroup sounded so childish!

I have to agree that the Bubble Popping Boys were really stupid. They seemed only like filler. It was just a way to get Spongebob to become mayor of New Kelp City. I thought that the writers could have chosen a better way for him to become mayor. The whole Bubble Popping Boys thing was the worst part of the episode.
    Well, in For the Love of Bubbles, SpongeBob became mayor because he found out that the old mayor banned bubble blowing, and everyone missed it. Then SpongeBob decided to run for mayor for his job, and since he promised to bring back bubble blowing, he got all the votes and became mayor.

JellyFishJammer

[49]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    IHeartSB wrote:
    ilovejn wrote:

The Bubble Poppin' Boys was one of my favorite scenes. Ray Liotta did a great voice acting job, IMO. >_>

dunbrine47

[50]Oct 17, 2008
    IHeartSB wrote:
    ilovejn wrote:
    Should of had it more along the lines where CheeseHeadBrownPants is a bum and the cops pick him up and since CHBP is very annoying to the cops they try to get rid of him by making him elimate the Bubble Poppin Boys(Where they think he will get killed).Then he really does it and becomes mayor.

ilovejn

[51]Oct 18, 2008
    IHeartSB wrote:
    ilovejn wrote:
    Yeah. I agree 100%. I thought when they came out they would have stayed in the show a little longer. It's like they came and went so quickly!

nicknameless101

[52]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 25

i loved this episode

i don't blame spongebob for leaving bikini bottom

his friends were really mean to him

PokeSponge123

[53]Oct 18, 2008
    nicknameless101 wrote:
    i loved this episode

You're the first person I've seen other than myself that said they actually loved it.

dunbrine47

[54]Oct 18, 2008

I'm going to but in again.

I don't think that this ep was good enough to warnt a change to the theme song we know and love for the past 9 or so years(Just more of the ususl overhypeing).

Edited on 10/18/2008 12:29pm

PokeSponge123

[55]Oct 18, 2008
    dunbrine47 wrote:

I don't think that this ep was good enough to warnt a change to the theme song we know and love for the past 9 or so years(Just more of the ususl overhypeing).

Well it was relavant to the episode!!
    Don't you even remember Christmas Who?

dunbrine47

[56]Oct 18, 2008
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    dunbrine47 wrote:

Well it was relavant to the episode!! Don't you even remember Christmas Who?

Well at least C.W was a good ep.

ilovejn

[57]Oct 19, 2008
    dunbrine47 wrote:
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    dunbrine47 wrote:

Yeah. So much funnier and a better story line.

RaeandAnasRock

[58]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 19
    ilovejn wrote:
    dunbrine47 wrote:
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    dunbrine47 wrote:

Yeah. So much funnier and a better story line.

Agreed.

PokeSponge123

[59]Oct 19, 2008
    Oh, so because it was a better episode, it was acceptable to change the theme tune?

dunbrine47

[60]Oct 19, 2008

PokeSponge123 wrote:
    Oh, so because it was a better episode, it was acceptable to change the theme tune?

1.Beacuse it was a Christmas Special.

2.(May be off on this one)

But CW's intro song all that was changed was the background and the people singing it not the Lycrys.

While in WBWP they relplace SpongeBob SquarePants Lycrys whith WhoBob What Pants .(Part of the Overhyping nick likes to do).