We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"WhoBob WhatPants" official episode discussion

spongeboy22

[1]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 16

now that the episode has finaly aired we can talk all about why we liked it and why we hated it (if you hated it that is.) i thought it was one of the best episodes yet. it was funny, it was thrilling, and our favorite sponge lost his memory. i admit it was a little rushed but it was still great (1 OF THE BEST) i also liked that ray liota guest starred. i loved it...

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea,

WhoBob WhatPants

P.S. there might be a little confusion with the fact i'm typing this, but the other post that DC-Dude wrote was a pre-discussion so there!

Edited on 10/13/2008 5:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bob_ball

[2]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    umm its really not that official. we are discussing it at the whobob whatpants party next forum over. feel free to join there

spongeboy22

[3]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    i'm just saying after most episodes theres a discussion about it with a name similar to the forum name i put, BTW will the party have nice refreshments

clapmaster

[4]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 20
    the party does have nice refreshments come on over spongeboy22. we've got cake

SpongeSebastian

[5]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 41
    I missed the first minute of it. It was a good episode. It was rushed in my opinion. That's why they should've made it into a TV movie.

bob_ball

[6]Oct 13, 2008
    well since the party thread might get locked, i guess this thread is useful after all, sorry spongeboy. anyways like i said in the party thread, definitely an 8/10

IHeartSB

[7]Oct 13, 2008
    Most people on the premeire party thread have noted how rushed it was. One hour would have been perfect.

JellyFishJammer

[8]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    I think I already said what I had in mind at the party thread, but yes, I gave it a 8.5/10. I hope that gross SpongeBob close up gets removes on the future, because just that scene made me not give it a 9 instead, what was the point of that?

Jamesbray

[9]Oct 13, 2008

JellyFishJammer wrote:
    I think I already said what I had in mind at the party thread, but yes, I gave it a 8.5/10. I hope that gross SpongeBob close up gets removes on the future, because just that scene made me not give it a 9 instead, what was the point of that?

Wait, Which scene?

And, Yes i did feel the episode was rushed. A TV Movie would of been perfect. The episode was really good though, but they made it look so big and made such a big deal out of a 30 minute special. How long did they commercialize it, 2 months?

IHeartSB

[10]Oct 13, 2008
    They first mentioned it like back in July or something and then they started in on the commercials for it at the end of August I think. They began the commercials for it during every commercial break starting at the beginning of this month. It did get a bit annoying after a while, especially when they started using the song "Don't you (Forget About Me)" in the commercials.
    Edited on 10/13/2008 7:07pm

JellyFishJammer

[11]Oct 13, 2008
    IHeartSB wrote:
    They first mentioned it like back in July or something and then they started in on the commercials for it at the end of August I think. They began the commercials for it during every commercial break starting at the beginning of this month. It did get a bit annoying after a while, especially when they started using the song "Don't you (Forget About Me)" in the commercials.

You kidding? The "Don't you forget about me" commercials were the best! The ones that got me a little tired were the "Breaking News" ones. Too much info on them.

clapmaster

[12]Oct 13, 2008
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:

You kidding? The "Don't you forget about me" commercials were the best! The ones that got me a little tired were the "Breaking News" ones. Too much info on them.

i agree with you jellyfishjammer

Jamesbray

[13]Oct 13, 2008

clapmaster wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    Same here.

and what gross scene? The only really gross scene i can think of is after gary ate all the food.

IHeartSB

[14]Oct 13, 2008
    Yeah you're both right. I'm just sick of the song cause JC Penny used it for their back to school sale. However, it is a bit rediculous that Nick has been advertising an non movie special since the middle of the summer.

dunbrine47

[15]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    I agree with everyone this plot was so good that it could have been strected out more instead of being compacted.

Boolia

[16]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    The episode was great! Poor SpongeBob (Cheesehead), no wonder why he went to New Kelp City. The beginning reminded me of my begining for "It's a Spongy Life."

JellyFishJammer

[17]Oct 13, 2008
    Jamesbray wrote:

clapmaster wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    Same here.

and what gross scene? The only really gross scene i can think of is after gary ate all the food.

Then try not to remember it, I just watched the episode again on turbo Nick and paused at that scene and it made me gag. Have you seen those "Spongbab" videos on youtube? Even scarier than those, I don't know how a SpongeBob artist could have drawn that.

IHeartSB

[18]Oct 13, 2008
    I hope that all those on the west coast who are gearing up to watch the episode in like 2 minutes have a good time watching it, despite what they might have heard from me or anyone else on the two episode forums. Let us know what you actually think.

NegiSpongie

[19]Oct 13, 2008
    I admit it was a little rush and I kinda liked the book version better and noticed some similarities and differences, but I actually did like the episode too and next to Pest of the West it's my favorite.

IHeartSB

[20]Oct 13, 2008
    I have to say that Pest of the West was better than this one. My favorite part of that episode was the idiot friends song at the end.