We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"WhoBob WhatPants" official episode discussion

bob_ball

[21]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I have to say that Pest of the West was better than this one. My favorite part of that episode was the idiot friends song at the end.

what? that idiot friends song and pest of the west in general was extremely downgrading to my intelligence
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RedSoxFan274

[22]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I hope that all those on the west coast who are gearing up to watch the episode in like 2 minutes have a good time watching it, despite what they might have heard from me or anyone else on the two episode forums. Let us know what you actually think.

Fortunately I didn't see this beforehand (I live on the west coast), so there were no spoilers for me or anything...this was ok. I've seen better, though. There were some weird parts like the part with the money getting deep-fried and Gary's shell snapping off -- ugh! -- grotesque! -- and when Gary ate a year's supply of snail food in one day. And yes the episode was rushed, very much so.

IHeartSB

[23]Oct 13, 2008
    I'm just glad that I don't live on the west coast cause then I'd have heard everything there is to know about the episode and then it would have been a big letdown just cause I wasn't surprised by anything.

RedSoxFan274

[24]Oct 13, 2008
    I live on the west coast and I was on earlier today but I didn't see this thread so luckily my WBWP viewing experience was not spoiled beforehand.

IHeartSB

[25]Oct 13, 2008
    That's good to know. I'm gonna watch it again when it re-airs tomorrow at 5pm to see if I still feel the same way about it as I do right now.

Seabono12

[26]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 29

As people have stated before, it would have been better if this was made intoa tv movie. The minute I found out it was only 30 minutes, I knew it was going to be extremely rushed, and it was. Pretty good though. 8.5/10

RedSoxFan274

[27]Oct 13, 2008
    Seabono12 wrote:

As people have stated before, it would have been better if this was made intoa tv movie. The minute I found out it was only 30 minutes, I knew it was going to be extremely rushed, and it was. Pretty good though. 8.5/10

As soon as I found it this was going to be a 30 minute special not an hourlong, my interest level fell about 50, 60%.

JellyFishJammer

[28]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    I knew it was going to be a special since the moment I saw the "New TV Movie" thread back on july, there were no sources. By the way, I've seen the episode 3 times already!

RedSoxFan274

[29]Oct 13, 2008
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    I knew it was going to be a special since the moment I saw the "New TV Movie" thread back on july, there were no sources. By the way, I've seen the episode 3 times already!

Really?

When? Where?

Hey it's 1:00 a.m. back there...hey you're like me you're a total night owl! It's 10p.m. here and I'll probably be up for another four hours!

FOP_fan17

[30]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    I thought the episode was decent, I gave it a 7/10. My only problem is, like everyone else said, it too rushed and would have had great potential as a TV movie. Basically, the commercials summarized what happened - they made a huge deal over only a half hour special. However, for the half hour we did see, I thought it was pretty good, it's just that the ending really got me mad, I thought there should have been more of a climax for the ending.

RaeandAnasRock

[31]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    The episode SUCKED!!! Read my review on why.

spongebobfan200

[32]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 30
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    They first mentioned it like back in July or something and then they started in on the commercials for it at the end of August I think. They began the commercials for it during every commercial break starting at the beginning of this month. It did get a bit annoying after a while, especially when they started using the song "Don't you (Forget About Me)" in the commercials.

You kidding? The "Don't you forget about me" commercials were the best! The ones that got me a little tired were the "Breaking News" ones. Too much info on them.

Can anyone please give me a link to that commercial?

tvfan95

[33]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 17
    RaeandAnasRock wrote:
    The episode SUCKED!!! Read my review on why.
    Rae, I myself didn't like the episode but the reasons you gave weren't very good.

PokeSponge123

[34]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 20
    I've seen up to the break so far. It's quite good, and Squidward is the best so far!

ultimatekey

[35]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    Well that "gross scene" oof Spongebob close, I was disgusted when that snot bubble flew up, and then I laughed at it! That was so funny when the mailman got ran over! The parts with Gary was so funny! Whenn Gary was HUMONGOUS, when Gary was angry at Spongebob, and when Gary snarled at Spongebob for breaking his shell, and having to fix it! The episode was really funny! 8.5/10!

talonmalon333

[36]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 27
    I was kind of disappointed with it. The commercials pretty much spoiled it, and they didn't seem to even attempt to use much humor. I wasn't particularly thrilled by it, but it was okay.

mitsukigirl13

[37]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 18
    I liked this epi (It was better than Antlantis CRAPPYpantis)

Positives: Funny LOL quotes Showed that Spongebob isn't all peachy and keen, everyone has a bad day, even Spongebob. NO PATCHY SEGMENTS! (Thank God) Mr. Krabs actually CLOSED the Krusty Krab to help look for Spongebob (considering how popular it is, he lost about $300) so for once he wasn't that cheap.

Negatives: The gross scene w/ the guy looking at Spongebob Squidward being a total (insert bad word of your choice here)to Spongebob, especially when he destroyed the machine that would help find him (I'm glad his egg got broke) No Spongebob X Sandy moments like I thought their would be. Wished it would of been an hour.

Overall: It was probably the first LOL epi I've seen in a long time. My score: 8.5

AMK152152

[38]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    The episode was really good, I give it an 8.5. I also agree that the episode should have been a TV movie. I'd reather watch this than Atlantis SquarePantis.

talonmalon333

[39]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 27
    What do people see in this episode that make it so much better than Atlantis SquarePantis?

SpongeSebastian

[40]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 41
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    What do people see in this episode that make it so much better than Atlantis SquarePantis?
    Well, WBWP wasn't a superb episode, but I saw no flaws with it.