We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Who thinks the older seasons kick ass?

swimboydude

[1]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 3

No really. They were so fresh and original. The jokes were some of he best things I had ever seen out of a so called "kids show". Patrick had the best lines ever!:

"Were not caveman! We have technology! *hits dollar bill with computer*

The humor could appeal to both kids AND adults! Now, Patrick is a total reatrd:

"LAWN GNOMES!!!!!!"

I want the old spongebob back!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dumb_Dog_19

[2]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 15

swimboydude wrote:

No really. They were so fresh and original. The jokes were some of he best things I had ever seen out of a so called "kids show". Patrick had the best lines ever!:

"Were not caveman! We have technology! *hits dollar bill with computer*

The humor could appeal to both kids AND adults! Now, Patrick is a total reatrd:

"LAWN GNOMES!!!!!!"

I want the old spongebob back!

Me too!

syrusfan

[3]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 38

Indeed

spongebobfan200

[4]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 30
    Patrick is cool.

Misticblade723

[5]Nov 9, 2010

Squidward is now 10 times more girly and 20 times more rude and egotistical. Patrick has gotten stupid to the point where it isn't funny anymore, something that Fairly Odd Parents made the mistake of with Cosmo. Mr. Krabs is greedy to the point where he doesn't care about the health of his own employees and friends anymore, and now plays a regular role as a villain, sometimes more so than Plankton. and finally Spongebob is now just as dumb as Patrick. WE NEED OUR CLASSICS BACK!

ShrinkinViolet

[6]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 11

Personally, I like them just as much as the older ones. Sure, we've had some bad episodes over the years: Atlantis SquarePantis, To Love a Patty, Pest or Pests, The Splinter,in my opinion.But we've also had a lot of great ones:Sand Castles in the Sand, Karate Star, You Don't Know Sponge, and Single Cell Anniversary.

marebear2009

[7]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 27

ShrinkinViolet wrote:

Personally, I like them just as much as the older ones. Sure, we've had some bad episodes over the years: Atlantis SquarePantis, To Love a Patty, Pest or Pests, The Splinter,in my opinion.But we've also had a lot of great ones:Sand Castles in the Sand, Karate Star, You Don't Know Sponge, and Single Cell Anniversary.

I agree with all these, except for some reason I didn't like Sand Castles in the Sand that much. o_o Yeah, shocking much? To tell you the truth, I have no idea why people hate post-movie Spongebob so much and compare the newer episodes to the older ones. Ok, I admit there were a lot of pre-movie episodes I thought were great, and maybe the show doesn't have the "classic" feel it had years ago anymore, but there were actually some episodes before the movie I despised, e.g Grandma's Kisses and the Sponge Who Could Fly.

Edited on 11/10/2010 6:44am

ShrinkinViolet

[8]Nov 10, 2010
    marebear2009 wrote:

ShrinkinViolet wrote:

I agree with all these, except for some reason I didn't like Sand Castles in the Sand that much. o_o Yeah, shocking much? To tell you the truth, I have no idea why people hate post-movie Spongebob so much and compare the newer episodes to the older ones. Ok, I admit there were a lot of pre-movie episodes I thought were great, and maybe the show doesn't have the "classic" feel it had years ago anymore, but there were actually some episodes before the movie I despised, e.g Grandma's Kisses and the Sponge Who Could Fly.

I totally agree. And it's OK if you don't like Sand Castles in the Sand; it's your opinion!

SpongebeachBob

[9]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    ShrinkinViolet wrote:
    marebear2009 wrote:

ShrinkinViolet wrote:

I totally agree. And it's OK if you don't like Sand Castles in the Sand; it's your opinion!

I'm kinda with you guys.

Voo_Bopo

[10]Nov 13, 2010
    • level: 9

I think SpongeBob has been doing a great job with the current episodes, however I don't imagine it ever reaching the level of any of the first three seasons ever again. It's a shame, but it's also okay cause the show's been doing great lately!

Misticblade723

[11]Nov 18, 2010

I miss the days where whenever Nick advertised a new episode of Fairly Odd Parents or Spongebob, they said "You won't wanna miss this exciting episode!" and it was true back then. Now whenever I watch new episodes I'm bored and wonder why Nick is still around with such bad ratings. I especially hate how they overdo iCarly and Spongebob's new episodes. But hey, at least Spongebob WAS good, iCarly was never really a great show in my opinion. But anyway, Spongebob is past its prime. It should be canceled, or the writers from seasons 1-3 should come back.

ShrinkinViolet

[12]Nov 18, 2010

Misticblade723 wrote:

I miss the days where whenever Nick advertised a new episode of Fairly Odd Parents or Spongebob, they said "You won't wanna miss this exciting episode!" and it was true back then. Now whenever I watch new episodes I'm bored and wonder why Nick is still around with such bad ratings. I especially hate how they overdo iCarly and Spongebob's new episodes. But hey, at least Spongebob WAS good, iCarly was never really a great show in my opinion. But anyway, Spongebob is past its prime. It should be canceled, or the writers from seasons 1-3 should come back.

Well, I'm sorry, but SpongeBob's NOT gonna be cancelled for a while; it's the last thing that gives Nickelodeon it's ratings.

Edited on 11/18/2010 3:53pm

Voo_Bopo

[13]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 9
    ShrinkinViolet wrote:

Well, I'm sorry, but SpongeBob's NOT gonna be cancelled for a while; it's the last thing that gives Nickelodeon it's ratings.

Yeah, Nick will be lost once it ends. I'm sure we can expect AT LEAST three more seasons out of it.

SpongebeachBob

[14]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 14
    You know, I don't get all the fuss.
    I just saw Legends of Bikini Bottom, it was AWESOME!
    It was better than most SEASON 3 episodes in my opinion.

TigerFan145

[15]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 6
    ShrinkinViolet wrote:
    marebear2009 wrote:

ShrinkinViolet wrote:

I agree too, the writers still write good episodes now and again, I don't understand all the complaints about quality drop.

rallyistracer

[16]Nov 28, 2010

Sand Castles in the Sand, Band Geeks, Tentacle Vision, Single Cell Anniversary, Shanghaied, Christmas Who (worst episode ever), Graveyard Shift, Camping Episode and Choclate With Nuts were just some of the episodes that really sucked. The best episodes were Wet Painters, Krab Borg, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV and Professor Squidward.

Misticblade723

[19]Nov 29, 2010

rallyistracer wrote:

Sand Castles in the Sand, Band Geeks, Tentacle Vision, Single Cell Anniversary, Shanghaied, Christmas Who (worst episode ever), Graveyard Shift, Camping Episode and Choclate With Nuts were just some of the episodes that really sucked. The best episodes were Wet Painters, Krab Borg, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV and Professor Squidward.

Wait... Someone thinks Professor Squidward was one of the best episodes!? You're the only guy I know who would dare not only leave Band Geeks, Shanghaied, Christmas Who, Camping Episode, and Chocolate With Nuts out of the best episode list, but put them in the worst episode list. I strongly disagree with this but its your opinion.

_Flutterlight_

[20]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 15
    I agree. Band Geeks and the Camping episode were my two favorite episodes. They had legitimate jokes that were consistently funny, and, in my opinion, were on par with some of the old Looney Tunes cartoons.