We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Which show has gone downhill the most? Rugrats, SpongeBob, or FOP?

Which show has gone downhill the most? Rugrats, SpongeBob, or FOP?

money3003

[1]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 6

Okay, so we all know that these three are the most popular and longest running Nicktoons in Nickelodeon. At some point, it's obvious that they all went downhill. So which went downhill the most? I still have no opinion since I haven't seen much of Rugrats.

Edited on 06/18/2011 12:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tigerdude22

[2]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 43
    In my opinion, SpongeBob hasn't went downhill at all. Rugrats was tad downhill but the show that is downhill the most is FOP. I still like FOP though.

Third-Kind

[3]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 13
    Well, Rugrats went downhill when they added Dil to the main cast, but now it's cancelled, so I shouldn't worry about the quality of the Rugrats anymore.

SpongeBob's been going downhill since season 4, and FOP's lost its way since Poof was added.

If you ask me though, it's a tie between SpongeBob and FOP.

futuramarama

[4]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 37
    FOP definitely. not just because of baby Poof, but that live-action film that's premiering next month on nick also helps the 'downhill' theory.

woahwoah678

[5]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 28

Both SB and FOP.

Spongebob is now ruined by the characters idioticness,

and FOP is ruined because of Poof

money3003

[6]Jun 22, 2011

To be honest, I actually love baby Poof. Although it was strange how they suddenly just added him, I was really excited about him. I though he was finally gonna break the whole "Timmy makes a wish and everything goes wrong" thing that really got repetitive. But the new were really horrible, specifically Kevin Sullivan. I love how Poof would sometimes bring a little cute humor.

The things I find wrong in the new episodes is the characterization and the overusing of Cosmo and Dad. What happened to all the development of TootieXTimmy and TrixieXTimmy? What the HELL happened to Timmy's parents? Timmy became such a spoiled brat. Cosmo got really dumber that it's just not funny anymore. They completely ruined the show with all this horrible characterization. And they really have to stop relying on Cosmo and Dad anymore. Didn't everyone used to have some knowledge before? Now, everyone on the show is practically stupid and instead of being the least bit normal, they all became worse than how they started out than in the beginning of the show.

Noteldnep

[7]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 16
    ^ Agreed, Poof had nothing to do with FOP going downhill to me. It was the fact that all the characters just got stupider, and the episode plots weren't any better. I never did watch Rugrats much, so I can't say much about that show.

SpongeBob has managed to stay a great show in my opinion. They haven't changed the personalities of the characters much, which is a good thing to me. And they are still managing to produce quality episodes, though a few might belong in the "never watch again" bin (such as Dunces and Dragons).

money3003

[8]Jun 24, 2011

Noteldnep wrote:
    ^ Agreed, Poof had nothing to do with FOP going downhill to me. It was the fact that all the characters just got stupider, and the episode plots weren't any better. I never did watch Rugrats much, so I can't say much about that show. SpongeBob has managed to stay a great show in my opinion. They haven't changed the personalities of the characters much, which is a good thing to me. And they are still managing to produce quality episodes, though a few might belong in the "never watch again" bin (such as Dunces and Dragons).

I kinda thought that Dunces and Dragons was okay. The time I started to see how much the show went down was somewhere in the end of season 5. Then it got really really really stupid with season 6. Season 7 is better than season 6 though, but it's kinda boring.

ChipsTheButler

[9]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 10
    King of the Hill.

Crazy_Odd2006

[10]Jun 25, 2011
    woahwoah678 wrote:

Both SB and FOP.

really? sersly? um no...SB & FOP were both the best AND IT'S ONLY LEFT IN NICK beside i liked SB & FOP, (well actually FOP still my fave show cause of Poof is so cute).

dumb_person1

[11]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 41
    Spongebob is still a great show despite all odds, sure it has had its downfalls along the road but it has managed to stay strong after all these years. I have to admit that FOP has had a slight set back, and I don't think its the new characters at all. Shows change from time to time, including their plots.

FaerieWings

[12]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 3

The Fairly Odd Parents are dead to me now!Yell I liked the old ones better. The old ones had better taste of humor than the new ones do. I HATE the new ones. They Suck!!Yell

fweepers

[13]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 4

Somehow, Spongebob i did not like at the start of the series. the show was WAY too mature. even Spongebob has too much things in his life then.

ZionnThibodea

[14]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 2

fweepers wrote:

Somehow, Spongebob i did not like at the start of the series. the show was WAY too mature. even Spongebob has too much things in his life then.

Being mature is actually a good quality have. I liked it when Spongebob acted both childish and mature. Now he's just completely childish and it's really annoying.

woahwoah678

[15]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 28

Also,Foop ruined it even more,I mean come on!Was the FOP episode Love Triangle really needed?

money3003

[16]Jul 6, 2011

woahwoah678 wrote:

Also,Foop ruined it even more,I mean come on!Was the FOP episode Love Triangle really needed?

IKR. A baby falling in love? Seriously? I do like Spellementary School though.

Third-Kind

[17]Jul 7, 2011
    fweepers wrote:

I like characters who are both childish and immature. I can relate to them better.

Now SpongeBob is just childish and annoying.

joeyfun

[18]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 8

Third Kind, I completly agree with you. But they shouldn't cancel it, many kids still like it.

fweepers

[19]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 4

woahwoah678 wrote:

Both SB and FOP.

I Totally agree with you on that. But not Spongebob....the idioticness is great!

Edited on 07/10/2011 12:17pm

mahesh2001

[20]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 11

FOP Went Most Downhill

Than Sbongebob............Than Rugrats (IMO Rugrats Never Went Downhill At All!)