We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Is SpongeBob Back On Track?

RedSoxFan274

[61]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 14
    typogirl wrote:
    I will always love Spongebob, being the first thing I ever obsessed over(kinda like your first relationship) but I'm gonna have to say no. I really don't like most episodes anymore, and I miss Spongebob's voice having a lower pitch. His voice is definitely getting more annoying.

Yeah, I mean listen SpongeBob's voice in the first episode and compare it to the newer ones. And in his behavior, as well, it's almost like he's getting younger instead of older.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

typogirl

[62]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    I guess instead of growing older, he went younger. I mean, in the movie, he said he acts like a kid and a Knuckle Head McSpazitron, but I think either him(or the new writers) took it a little too far.

FrigginGodess

[63]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 22
    p9804194 wrote:
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    I thought every season was average!

NO WAI

Yes way!

dunbrine47

[64]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 9

typogirl wrote:
    I guess instead of growing older, he went younger. I mean, in the movie, he said he acts like a kid and a Knuckle Head McSpazitron, but I think either him(or the new writers) took it a little too far.

That movie was really a bomb in disguise for the show.

p9804194

[65]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    p9804194 wrote:
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    I thought every season was average!

NO WAI

Yes way!

Good.

Robin-Hood-1215

[66]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 6

This thread i think makes a very good point. Unfortunately, i don't think this show has really gotten back on track when you look at attrocious epsiodes in seaon 6 such as The Splinter and Penny Foolish, i also don't like baotng Buddies and The Krabby Kronicle.

I don't know what the heck happened with Stephen Hillenburg either but I wish sme of them could come back and save Spongebob from its fall when they got some spare time if at all posible when they aren't writing out any episodes at the moment for Chowder.

What's up with this show turning into an immature monster that is aiming more towards pre-school as well? I mean this show was better when it was aiming for all ages with adult humor and stuff but now since SpongeBob keeps getting younger by the episode its really kinda sad. Since the writers are probably decreasing his age to just turn him into a baby and then non-existent by ending this show with a horrible death which I'm sure will also be rather depressing. Why is this happening to Spongebob? I can't take this anymore-i wish i could become the president NOW and fix TV and this country because it is getting ridiculously bad. And most of all I'm gonna try and get Stephen Hillenburg back because he needs to along with htose old writers. And the president last i checked can do a VAST AMOUNT of things to run the country and amke A LOT of decisions.

XCreepilyYoursX

[69]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 4

Where has all the humor gone, for Corn's sake? I miss the jokes that were so controversial! But still nice! If anyone ever saves Spongebob, they will be a hero. The writers are defiantly the problem, in my opinion. As for his voice, well it was perfect in executing jokes in Season 2 and early 3. It makes me want to cry...

Season One: It started it all! Really good!

Season Two: Psychotically Perfect!

Season Three: The humor was cool. =

Season Four: Hmmm. I'm not getting this as much... the only ones i like are "The Two Faces of Squidward", "Donut of Shame", and "To Love a Patty". That's only three episodes...what happened?!

Season Five: Oh no! I'm not laughing anymore. This is getting absurd.

Season Six: "Not Normal" was an empty echo of what it used to be. Please, please, please get new writers for Season Seven. Maybe we could boycott it. I wish we could do something. I feel so helpless.

Does anyone feel that the cotroversial-ness of the old jokes could be a reason why the humor is different now? Like they backed down a bit, because of the gossip? Maybe that's why there are new writers...

YellowRaven2715

[70]Apr 27, 2015
    • level: 7
    XCreepilyYoursX wrote:

Where has all the humor gone, for Corn's sake? I miss the jokes that were so controversial! But still nice! If anyone ever saves Spongebob, they will be a hero. The writers are defiantly the problem, in my opinion. As for his voice, well it was perfect in executing jokes in Season 2 and early 3. It makes me want to cry...

Season One: It started it all! Really good!

Season Two: Psychotically Perfect!

Season Three: The humor was cool. =

Season Four: Hmmm. I'm not getting this as much... the only ones i like are "The Two Faces of Squidward", "Donut of Shame", and "To Love a Patty". That's only three episodes...what happened?!

Season Five: Oh no! I'm not laughing anymore. This is getting absurd.

Season Six: "Not Normal" was an empty echo of what it used to be. Please, please, please get new writers for Season Seven. Maybe we could boycott it. I wish we could do something. I feel so helpless.

Does anyone feel that the cotroversial-ness of the old jokes could be a reason why the humor is different now? Like they backed down a bit, because of the gossip? Maybe that's why there are new writers...

Are you Patricia?