We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Have you noticed?...........................................................

mistrnotgood

[1]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    Have any of you noticed that as more new episodes are shown on Nick, the less tha Spongebob is actually seen in them. For example, in Krusty Towers, Spongebob only seems to make cameo apperances. It seems that now episodes revolve around other characters that don't share the actual name of the show, Spongebob Squarepants. What do you guys think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spongeyfan

[2]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 28
    Yeah i've kinda noticed that too...

Noteldnep

[3]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 16
    That COULD be a good thing (in a way).

crazy_legs_1205

[4]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yes! I was just thinking that exact same thing the other day when watching "Krusty Towers" for the first time. Also, SB's character seems somewhat different. As is often the case with TV shows, the older episodes are much better.

kjb29

[5]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 12
    To tell you the truth, i kinda agree. SpongeBob is just making camoes, like in My Enemy In Law and Chips Ahoy. I do think is a little bad, but i don't HATE spongebob though, the joke are still pretty funny *Mr Krabbs being served to a man*, *patrick being attacked by his and spongebobs machine*. Yeah and i guess spongebobs character is a little different, but he is still a nice freindly sponge. *Donating his laugh to squidward*, *saving princess pearl*.

superman8119

[6]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 25
    i will have to agree

MadeInIreland23

[7]Jun 21, 2006
    recently they showed a lot of the new episodes, and it seemed like about half were focused on other charcter's, which is understandable, because the writer's are probably looking for more ideas.

Noteldnep

[8]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 16
    It's also understandable that they're trying to give more attention to the other characters, since SpongeBob already has his own highlight as the star of the show.

spongedude49

[9]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 48
    Noteldnep wrote:
    It's also understandable that they're trying to give more attention to the other characters, since SpongeBob already has his own highlight as the star of the show.
    Yeah, but the episodes don't really give the feel of the old episodes anymore. In a bad way.

crazy_legs_1205

[10]Jun 23, 2006
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:
    Yeah, but the episodes don't really give the feel of the old episodes anymore. In a bad way.

I agree. That's exactly what happened with Rugrats when Dil and Kimi joined the cast. I absolutely HATED the last few seasons of Rugrats, so I hope I don't end up hating SpongeBob too.

Bandgeek4ever

[11]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 11

crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:
    I agree. That's exactly what happened with Rugrats when Dil and Kimi joined the cast. I absolutely HATED the last few seasons of Rugrats, so I hope I don't end up hating SpongeBob too.

I agree with you. But it was still cool when Dil came along. But then it was worse when Kimi came. (no offense to anyone who likes Kimi.)

InvaderVAL

[12]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 9
    Noteldnep wrote:
    That COULD be a good thing (in a way).

ya, it could because it would bring new aspects t othe show, but they should show a little more of SpongeBob, because after all it's "SpongeBob SquarePants". He's the star. Taking him off would be like removing Bugs Bunny from "Looney Tunes".

conspiracy0100

[13]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    i dont watch it anymore i thought it was cancelled

Sponge_Lazlo17

[14]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    I still love the episodes though.

MadeInIreland23

[15]Jun 23, 2006
    I definitely still like spongebob. although, i usually only watch the old ones. I also was really devastated when Rugrats began to suck. If the same thing happens to Spongebob, I don't think it would be as bad. I'm not as emotionally invested in Spongebob as I was Rugrats.

spongedude49

[16]Jun 24, 2006
    Bandgeek4ever wrote:

crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:

I agree with you. But it was still cool when Dil came along. But then it was worse when Kimi came. (no offense to anyone who likes Kimi.)

I sure don't hope i don't end up hating SpongeBob either.

spongedude49

[18]Jun 24, 2006
    spongeliv wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Bandgeek4ever wrote:

crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:

I don't think I will ever start hating Spongebob, even if his newer episodes become lame and boring. His older episodes are just so funny.

Hillenburg must do what he does best. He should go back and start directing all the episodes.

Clockerevac12

[19]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    I noticed but it gives other charecters to shine just like the Oringinal Transformers Series Optimus dies and gets replaced by Rodimus Prime and Spongebob was important in Chimps Ahoy

[20]Jun 25, 2006
    spongedude49 wrote:
    spongeliv wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Bandgeek4ever wrote:

crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:

I don't think I will ever start hating Spongebob, even if his newer episodes become lame and boring. His older episodes are just so funny.

Hillenburg must do what he does best. He should go back and start directing all the episodes.

Nick won't let him, but maybe we should write to them that we absolutely NEED Hillenburg back! If not, SpongeBob(and Nick, for that matter) will drop.

spongedude49

[21]Jun 27, 2006
    1710 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    spongeliv wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Bandgeek4ever wrote:

crazy_legs_1205 wrote:
    spongedude49 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:

Nick won't let him, but maybe we should write to them that we absolutely NEED Hillenburg back! If not, SpongeBob(and Nick, for that matter) will drop.
    I know. Too bad you can't swear on these forums because I'd be saying all of 'em. If this goes on any longer with the drymon stuff, i'm just gonna stop watching the new episodes of SB and watch all the good old season 1, 2 and 3 episodes.