We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Who is best singer?

Who do you think is the best actress/singer from the iCarly universe?

vanillacupcakes

[21]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 16
    We've been through this before....Aria and Jennette aren't signed onto the Nickelodeon/Columbia record. Plus Aria doesn't have a contract signed with Nickelodeon for iCarly anyways.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RomanZolanski

[22]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 12
    Zwingli4 wrote:

RomanZolanski wrote:
    Honeslty, I want Jennette to guest star on Glee. LOL, for real.

She should have majorly sucked up to Jane Lynch when she guested on iCarly as Sam's mom--she could've wrangled an invite! Tongue out

AHHH! That's so true! :O I forgot Jane guest starred! Arrggghhhh, she had a chance!!!

hurr05

[23]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 10

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    We've been through this before....Aria and Jennette aren't signed onto the Nickelodeon/Columbia record. Plus Aria doesn't have a contract signed with Nickelodeon for iCarly anyways.
    oh. well then...what can you do?

Fireofnature

[24]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 13
    What I think is interesting...not a single person's voted for Miranda XD. Even I voted for Sam

chicamusica12

[25]Apr 27, 2011
    Jennette and Victoria are the best out of the 3. Miranda is pretty much auto-tune, but she's got catchy singles. She should stick to acting though.

And WOW. Aria Wallace can friggin' BELT!

marcdragicevic

[26]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 21
    Why don't people like Miranda Cosgrove anyway?

hurr05

[27]Apr 27, 2011

marcdragicevic wrote:
    it's not that they don't like her. she's got TONS of fans. it's just that she's on ALL THE TIME. she can't sing, and her songs are always playing. and i think they don't like her character on iCarly...and some people didn't like her character on Drake and Josh.

pscf3

[28]Apr 27, 2011
    I like her characters, but she can't sing worth crap.

marcdragicevic

[29]Apr 27, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    it's not that they don't like her. she's got TONS of fans. it's just that she's on ALL THE TIME. she can't sing, and her songs are always playing. and i think they don't like her character on iCarly...and some people didn't like her character on Drake and Josh.

hmm but why do people think she can't sing. If she couldn't sing, then she wouldn't be on in the first place really.
    not many people like her character though, don't know why.

hurr05

[30]Apr 27, 2011

marcdragicevic wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:

hmm but why do people think she can't sing. If she couldn't sing, then she wouldn't be on in the first place really. not many people like her character though, don't know why.
    hah! having your songs on the air all the time doesn't mean that you can sing. it's all part of the package, here. she's an actress, so they try to make her into a singer. it's just marketing strategies. victoria justice for example. she's got her own show, and now she's magically got a record deal. aaaalll marketing.

pscf3

[31]Apr 27, 2011
    Victoria can sing though.

hurr05

[32]Apr 27, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    Victoria can sing though.
    i know that. but still, it's marketing. it HELPS her, since she can sing. miranda can't. so guess what? it's auto-tune time!!

pscf3

[33]Apr 27, 2011
    Yep.

hurr05

[34]Apr 27, 2011

sighhhhh........well, she can't have everything.

oh, just thought i'd bring this up, here. i went on Reed Alexander's (Nevel) twitter, and he annoys me because after EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE, he posts the same : D face, only pushed together.

marcdragicevic

[35]Apr 27, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

oh, just thought i'd bring this up, here. i went on Reed Alexander's (Nevel) twitter, and he annoys me because after EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE, he posts the same : D face, only pushed together.

oh really? ill check that out.

hurr05

[36]Apr 27, 2011

marcdragicevic wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

yeah, tell me if it bothers you -_-

vanillacupcakes

[37]Apr 27, 2011

IA with hurr. I don't think there are a lot of people who only like Miranda as a singer. Most Miranda fans liked her as an actress first, and support everything she's done. Kind of like if Selena Gomez was only a singer, she wouldn't have as many people buying her album. A lot of people who like her have kept up with her as an actress and just support her. there are a lot of people trying to act and sing. The Jonas Brothers can't act for sh!t...but they're the Jonas Brothers. They're on Disney. So it's easy for them to be an actor. If you're on Disney, you can probably sign onto Hollywood Records and if you're on Nickelodeon, you can probably sign onto Columbia Records without too much of a hassle.

I didn't like Miranda's singing when she started off(right when the theme song came out), but I do think she's improved a lot and I like most of her songs. Her new EP seems a lot more mature and her voice sounds different....idk. I have a lot of Dr. Luke and autotuned songs on my iPod though. They're catchy and upbeat. *shrugs* As a live singer she can sing, she just isn't as strong as some other singers. Some people can't really tell, because she gets out of breath in a lot of her concerts. When she's standing still she's great. Also she's not really a belter, her voice is on the soft/sweet side. Jennette and Victoria have stronger voices, so it's probably why they got more votes.

Edited on 04/27/2011 7:45pm

chicamusica12

[38]Apr 28, 2011
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

IA with hurr. I don't think there are a lot of people who only like Miranda as a singer. Most Miranda fans liked her as an actress first, and support everything she's done. Kind of like if Selena Gomez was only a singer, she wouldn't have as many people buying her album. A lot of people who like her have kept up with her as an actress and just support her. there are a lot of people trying to act and sing. The Jonas Brothers can't act for sh!t...but they're the Jonas Brothers. They're on Disney. So it's easy for them to be an actor. If you're on Disney, you can probably sign onto Hollywood Records and if you're on Nickelodeon, you can probably sign onto Columbia Records without too much of a hassle.

I didn't like Miranda's singing when she started off(right when the theme song came out), but I do think she's improved a lot and I like most of her songs. Her new EP seems a lot more mature and her voice sounds different....idk. I have a lot of Dr. Luke and autotuned songs on my iPod though. They're catchy and upbeat. *shrugs* As a live singer she can sing, she just isn't as strong as some other singers. Some people can't really tell, because she gets out of breath in a lot of her concerts. When she's standing still she's great. Also she's not really a belter, her voice is on the soft/sweet side. Jennette and Victoria have stronger voices, so it's probably why they got more votes.

I don't hate Miranda's singing, I just dont LOVE it. Selena Gomez however...I dunno how much of that is auto-tune, but those songs are damn catchy. I have no issues putting them on my iPod.

marcdragicevic

[39]Apr 28, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

yeah, tell me if it bothers you -_-

Woah, he does post that a lot actually.

vanillacupcakes

[40]Apr 28, 2011
    Lol I have a habit of posting annoying smiley faces after my messages too, so I don't blame him. I like how he's so into cooking. Selena definitely uses a lot of autotune, but I think now she's a better singer than Miranda. She definitely improved a lot too, she used to be horrible when she started off. I still like Miranda's songs better though.