We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Who is best singer?

Who do you think is the best actress/singer from the iCarly universe?

RemDiamond

[41]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    Victoria is horrible live. However, she may improve like Miranda did. Miranda was very shaky live at first too but has grown leaps and bounds and is actually pretty good live. You can tell she can sing when it isn't in the studio auto-tuning her. I watched her in Christmas in Washington sing and she did really well.

Jeanette has the most vocal talent and best voice. However, I don't personally care for her songs or the raspy sound to her voice. I don't really think that Victoria or Miranda have an outstanding voices but they are more pleasant to listen to imo. I think Miranda has the sweetest voice. I'm not sure any of them are going to set the music world on fire.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[42]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 10

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Lol I have a habit of posting annoying smiley faces after my messages too, so I don't blame him. I like how he's so into cooking. Selena definitely uses a lot of autotune, but I think now she's a better singer than Miranda. She definitely improved a lot too, she used to be horrible when she started off. I still like Miranda's songs better though.
    yeah i like her songs too for some reason lol. they're so catchy.

teenj12

[43]May 1, 2011
    • level: 26

hurr05 wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Lol I have a habit of posting annoying smiley faces after my messages too, so I don't blame him. I like how he's so into cooking. Selena definitely uses a lot of autotune, but I think now she's a better singer than Miranda. She definitely improved a lot too, she used to be horrible when she started off. I still like Miranda's songs better though.
    yeah i like her songs too for some reason lol. they're so catchy.

Lol, I like her songs "Ghost Of You", "Naturally", and "Summer's Not Hot". I have two sisters, so I've warmed up to artists like Selena, who I couldn't picturew singing at first.

Edited on 05/01/2011 11:36am

pscf3

[44]May 1, 2011
    • level: 16
    I've only heard off naturally, which is pretty good.

vanillacupcakes

[45]May 1, 2011
    Oh, I meant I liked Miranda's songs better than Selena's. I know the song "Who Says", but I think it's a little cliche and preachy. There's already a lot of self-loving songs out there. I don't like "A Year Without Rain" or "Round and Round", mehhh it's just annoying. I guess it's just taste though. I think the fact that they get people like Dr. Luke, Avril Lavigne, Rivers Cuomo, and Ke$ha to write Miranda's songs for her, and allow things like "kick a few asses" makes it a little bit better. I'd say that Miranda has a really sweet voice, but it isn't very powerful, which is the type of voice a lot of people are looking for. Not a lot of little kids who watch iCarly like country unless it's pop/country crossover music like Taylor Swift or Lady A. So I don't know about either of them...but I used to hear "Kissin' U" on the radio and I know Cap Nash is doing a fantastic job with "Generation Love" to get country radio stations to have 18 adds(or maybe even more?). I think they're doing alright, but I don't see them getting that far either. I don't think it matters to them THAT much, because I think they want to go into acting or film anyways.

pscf3

[46]May 1, 2011
    Miranda curses in her songs? I didn't know that.

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Oh, I meant I liked Miranda's songs better than Selena's. I know the song "Who Says", but I think it's a little cliche and preachy. There's already a lot of self-loving songs out there. I don't like "A Year Without Rain" or "Round and Round", mehhh it's just annoying. I guess it's just taste though. I think the fact that they get people like Dr. Luke, Avril Lavigne, Rivers Cuomo, and Ke$ha to write Miranda's songs for her, and allow things like "kick a few asses" makes it a little bit better. I'd say that Miranda has a really sweet voice, but it isn't very powerful, which is the type of voice a lot of people are looking for. Not a lot of little kids who watch iCarly like country unless it's pop/country crossover music like Taylor Swift or Lady A. So I don't know about either of them...but I used to hear "Kissin' U" on the radio and I know Cap Nash is doing a fantastic job with "Generation Love" to get country radio stations to have 18 adds(or maybe even more?). I think they're doing alright, but I don't see them getting that far either. I don't think it matters to them THAT much, because I think they want to go into acting or film anyways.

vanillacupcakes

[47]May 1, 2011

^Just one song.

So what if I break a few glasses, kick a few asses? You know I'm worth it.

Zwingli4

[48]May 1, 2011

I see Miranda finally got a vote. I didn't know her mother visited these boards! Tongue out

teenj12

[49]May 1, 2011
    Zwingli4 wrote:

I see Miranda finally got a vote. I didn't know her mother visited these boards! Tongue out

Lol!

hurr05

[50]May 2, 2011
    • level: 10

Zwingli4 wrote:

WOW. ROFLLL.

chicamusica12

[51]May 2, 2011
    • level: 13
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Victoria is horrible live. However, she may improve like Miranda did. Miranda was very shaky live at first too but has grown leaps and bounds and is actually pretty good live. You can tell she can sing when it isn't in the studio auto-tuning her. I watched her in Christmas in Washington sing and she did really well.

Jeanette has the most vocal talent and best voice. However, I don't personally care for her songs or the raspy sound to her voice. I don't really think that Victoria or Miranda have an outstanding voices but they are more pleasant to listen to imo. I think Miranda has the sweetest voice. I'm not sure any of them are going to set the music world on fire.

She's horrible live? I've seen her videos where she sings normally, and she sounds pretty damn good to me.

RemDiamond

[52]May 2, 2011
    She sang live at the KCA's and it wasn't good. The videos aren't live.

vanillacupcakes

[53]May 2, 2011

^I've only seen that video and the Macy's Parade one(which she probably lip synched), so I don't really know. It sounds kind of bad to judge by one performance, but it was pretty bad...=/ Her videos where she's just at her piano singing are good to me. I think the same goes for Miranda, she's a good singer but when she's performing, jumping around, or dancing she isn't as good. Still, I think Miranda improved so she's better than Victoria in that aspect. Jennette just stands still when she sings so...I don't know about her. I like judging them on acoustics, I think a lot of singers are better in acoustics than performances.

Edited on 05/02/2011 5:39pm

RemDiamond

[54]May 2, 2011
    Agreed!

teenj12

[55]May 2, 2011
    Jennette Mccurdy is the best. I heard "Generation Love" and that was seriously beautiful. Even my mother and sisters said Jennette is really good.

pscf3

[56]May 3, 2011
    Beautiful?^^

chicamusica12

[57]May 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

^I've only seen that video and the Macy's Parade one(which she probably lip synched), so I don't really know. It sounds kind of bad to judge by one performance, but it was pretty bad...=/ Her videos where she's just at her piano singing are good to me. I think the same goes for Miranda, she's a good singer but when she's performing, jumping around, or dancing she isn't as good. Still, I think Miranda improved so she's better than Victoria in that aspect. Jennette just stands still when she sings so...I don't know about her. I like judging them on acoustics, I think a lot of singers are better in acoustics than performances.

Yeah, when it's just them recording on a piano or guitar or acapella in front of a camera, they actually sound pretty damn good. Victoria sounds incredible, Miranda has been getting better and sound pretty good. Jennette is my favorite though, I saw her video where she sings with Lady Antebellum and it was amazing.

pscf3

[58]May 3, 2011
    Jenette with Lady Antabellum? That was probably pretty good.

vanillacupcakes

[59]May 3, 2011

@pscf3: Cough coughhh watch it cough cough click herecoughh.

Sorry I have a cold....

marcdragicevic

[60]May 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

@pscf3: Cough coughhh watch it cough cough click herecoughh.

Sorry I have a cold....

Oh, I loved that video.