We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 5 Episode 2- "iDate Sam and Freddie" Official Discussion.

pscf3

[181]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 16
    pscf3 wrote:
    Lol, I'm not really pervy, Pini's was just so dang obvious!!! And wrong.... I mean it made Gibby sound gay and Sam sound like a sex freak.

Anyway, like I said, kinda disappointing and pointless. 6/10

And the creppy stalker had my name.....

Anyway, I'm more on Freddie's side. Probably cause I'm a guy....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KJLwriter

[182]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    ^Really? He did? Wow! That's funny. I still liked the episode and I can't wait for next week's episode. Also, I can't wait for next week's episode of Victorious. I mean, Victorious was....it was awesome. I loved it.

teenj12

[183]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 26
    It is completely unreasonable to buy a giant smoothie for $36 dollars!

UnovaChampion

[184]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 19
    Freddie was in the right not to buy that smoothie. Plus T-Bo took their other smoothies and forced it on them. I'm on the side of Freddie.

hurr05

[185]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 10

Lol yeah, that's true. So I guess the both of them are weird together.

Fireofnature

[186]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 13
    All agree with the smoothie part, T-Bo's at fault there XD.

However, I'm on Sam's side on the other things. Some things Freddie should have just done in a gentleman type way. If you like someone, you like them regardless of their faults, so he shouldn't have to nitpick if Sam uses too much cheese or if she talks with her mouth full. It's also appropriate for a guy to pay for the meal.

This goes back to what I was saying before with the whole Freddie has never seen any type of relationship really work before, he doesn't know how they go, so it can't end WELL. He needs to learn. As for Sam, she does need to work on her patience with him.

RiciSmokes2

[187]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    They both were disgusting. Her atrocious table manners were impossible to ignore, but you never fight about money, boy or girl. They were very annoying. That was the point. In the photos they posted on iCarly.com it even said something about Sam and Freddie being annoying, it was on purpose. If there is a future Seddie it won't stay annoying like this, this is the writer's idea of a relationship stumbling block, and a chance to show their relationship growing. And the only way to show growth, is to show the disgusting beginning where you grew from. I disagree that this episode was pointless, we learned when Sam started liking Freddie. Everybody who was screaming for them to "slow down" "they're kissing too much" and "dating too soon" and in love...... yeah that is not what is happening, not nearly so hunky-dory.

hurr05

[188]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 10

LMFAO! "they were both disgusting".

vanillacupcakes

[189]Sep 12, 2011
    Aw, that youtube video link didn't work, but I found one yesterday and watched it today! (:

@shadow: Well in Freddie's defense, the "jamaican plastic cup" was a huge ripoff, and what would he do?? Tell his mom he had an "iCarly rehearsal" at 3:00 AM so he could leave the house?? Although I do wonder HOW he does those "Wake Up Spencer" bits in the past. I'm guessing he snuck out. But I didn't see an issue with video chatting.

Carly was my favorite part of this episode. I think she had every right to be mad. I felt SOOOO bad for Carly in this episode. IA with everything Rici said in his last post. If they are going to be together again, they AREN'T going to act like that...and them being annoying was the point of it. I didn't really like them together in this episode(especially the hair brushing thing...that was just really odd) but later on(EVERY episode is important) they are going to overcome this "obstacle".

And can the puppy be a regular pleeeeaaseeeee????

teenj12

[190]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 26
    The puppy was cute ^^.

I don't know why Dan would ruin Seddie like that They brought out the WORST in each other in this episode. I might become a full blown Creddier.

Fireofnature

[191]Sep 13, 2011
    You expected zero fights? Do remember that fights are normal in a relationship, and for those who know how to work through their fights, they form a stronger bond.

Did you know studies show that a couple should have at least one argument just for the sake of having an argument every now and then? Only because it brings people closer.

Whereas those who are in a perfect relationship with no fighting see no flaws with the other and it becomes almost banal, to the point where it can lead to having an affair just to get some real "spark". Evidently people prefer a partner with a fire than a partner that is too perfect. So perfect they are put upon a pedestal. You know, that's actually recommended by many that you DON'T put your partner on a pedestal. HERE, although I had a different site in mind (wikihow or something) this is good too: http://www.drjanicecaudill.com/love-addiction.html

katywishing100

[192]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 15
    teenj12 wrote:
    The puppy was cute ^^.

I don't know why Dan would ruin Seddie like that They brought out the WORST in each other in this episode. I might become a full blown Creddier.

----------
    Do itttt! Creddie is awesome.

Fireofnature

[193]Sep 13, 2011
    See now that's the kind of sportsmanship we need to see, even when all hope seems lost, Katy still marches on and without actually bashing the other group, girl, or people who support the other side.

Tis times like these that make me proud to be neutral. Despite that Sam and Freddie are my top two favorite characters of iCarly, it's the only reason for them being in the banner that is in my signature.

Also I keep my signature that way in memory of my good friend who made it for me *nod*

katywishing100

[194]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 15
    Fireofnature wrote:
    See now that's the kind of sportsmanship we need to see, even when all hope seems lost, Katy still marches on and without actually bashing the other group, girl, or people who support the other side.

Tis times like these that make me proud to be neutral. Despite that Sam and Freddie are my top two favorite characters of iCarly, it's the only reason for them being in the banner that is in my signature.

Also I keep my signature that way in memory of my good friend who made it for me *nod*

-------

Awh, I believe there is still some hope for Creddie! Haha.

Fireofnature

[195]Sep 13, 2011
    Yeah but it would take a while. For me, sometimes it pays to be neutral XD

pscf3

[196]Sep 14, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:

I don't know why Dan would ruin Seddie like that They brought out the WORST in each other in this episode.

------------

Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm

UnovaChampion

[197]Sep 14, 2011
    • level: 19
    It doesn't sound very sarcastic I'm afraid.

pscf3

[198]Sep 14, 2011
    It's OOC for teenj, though.

Freddimamay

[199]Sep 14, 2011
    • level: 4

Well as everyone (who remembers me--I haven't been around lol) knows, I'm a total Spam shipper, even if it will never happen--I'm okay with that. And part of the reason I've stuck by it, is because I truly feel if they got together, the dynamic/comedy would be completely unaffected. Well other than the obvious addressing of the age issue of course, lol! They are actually funnier when they are worked together in scenes. Anyway, that being said, this episode kinda showed me what I had always feared about Seddie. Yes, some shows can work the slap slap kiss relationship. But Seddie has never felt slap slap kiss to me, unless Sam slapped twice I've always felt too much of the characters canon components would have to change to make it work, then making it unfunny. Carly was by far the funniest part of this episode! Miranda was absolutely perfect!! Loved the episode just because of her.

But to bring up an example, at the restaurant; Sam has ALWAYS eaten this way, ALWAYS. If Freddie has developed feelings for Sam, he technically shouldn't/wouldn't need her to change that--he never has before. It something that should come as no surprise---and if he 'loved' her or whatever tweens feel (lol--I'm almost 30) that would be part of it. Not something he'd feel the need to criticize. On the other side; Sam has always been completely independent! Worked at the chili place to pay them back money she owed; why in the EFF would she suddenly expect Freddie to pay $36 for a smoothie cup---I feel like 'normal' Sam would have found some way to scam the cup from T-Bo and enjoy then share it with him to show him how SHE does things.

Nothing feels right about the relationship, and I really don't think it can work without changing everything about the characters...which is why most shows with slap slap kiss wait until their final episode to satisfy the masses. I think Dan was just sick of hearing about it, but thats just IMO.

Now to throw out some Spam propaganda (because I can rarely make a post without doing so Wink) If it had been Sam and Spencer at that restaurant, even as friends, I can tell you they probably would have been pouring the Parmesan shaker directly into their mouths and conniving to see how they can get the bill reduced....now thats comedy! HAHAHA

Anyway, my 2 cents..

Diamondgrl13

[200]Sep 15, 2011
    • level: 6

"If it had been Sam and Spencer at that restaurant, even as friends, I can tell you they probably would have been pouring the Parmesan shaker directly into their mouths and conniving to see how they can get the bill reduced....now thats comedy! HAHAHA"

Haha!! That's so true! I can totally picture it!