We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iParty With Victorious" TV-MOVIE Episode Discussion

ilivelovemusic

[261]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 5
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    I missed a couple of parts what is it with Sam's mom's "special vitamins"?

It was in the beginning and they were saying something like a person (Carly i think?) oozing happiness out of them then Sam said "Yeah, like my mom when she took her 'Special Vitamins'" Then im just like.. whoa.. does she mean like drugs.. the bad kind? o.o then I just laughed. xD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frontman19

[262]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 14

^No it isn't anything like illegal drugs, what she's actually referring to are anti-depressants. Still I found that part to be really funny. I like how in the beginning of the episode, iCarly took any potential serious situation and turned it into a joke. I even laughed at the crack Sam made about her dad walking out on them, it just let the tension out of the whole "what happened to her father" situation without making a whole thing out of it. Awkward humor is my favorite.

pscf3

[263]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 16
    This episode= Awesome

Did anyone else catch the first mention of sam's dad? I also can't believe they actuallly mentioned Shelby Marx.

Other than that, you guys got it all posted already.

hurr05

[264]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 10

BOOHM-BAHHH!!!!!

83optics

[265]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 6

learned:

* if a guy's gonna two-time, he might as well go all out and get with the top two girls, huh?

* freddie's "doing!" about tori beats sam's "boombah!"

* never follow a puppet's tweets, even andre was starting to get angry with the facade of separating robbie and rex

* those disguise masks were creepier than if they had gone with freddy krueger/jason masks

* jade should spend more time in a jacuzzi, wink wink nudge nudge , might mellow her out more

* moles are irresistibly attractive, be it on a guy or girl

Edited on 06/12/2011 8:33am

frontman19

[266]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 14

^That's awesome dude. I have to agree on all of those (especially Jade in a jacuzzi... so nice. Wink)

And I already consider Robbie and Rex the same person, never once did I consider Rex to be a separate entity, (it's why Robbie is my favorite character on Victorious)

Edited on 06/12/2011 9:29am

nicknameless101

[267]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 25

Such a cool episode! The thing that really interested me, though, was Cat's vocal condition. Is it actually possible to get growths on the vocal cords? And can vocal cords actually be removed without serious consequences (except not being able to talk)?

RiciSmokes2

[268]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    I think of Rex as Robbie's alter ego, with him being so very shy Rex allows him to voice things he couldn't as Robbie. ^ U can get growths on your vocal chords. I think I'm not sure, but I think Fantasia had a benign tumor on hers. And you can remove your vocal chords, but I doubt anyone would do that. You just remove the growths and pray they don't damage your chords.
    Edited on 06/12/2011 12:29pm

RomanZolanski

[269]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    frontman19 wrote:

^That's awesome dude. I have to agree on all of those (especially Jade in a jacuzzi... so nice. Wink)

And I already consider Robbie and Rex the same person, never once did I consider Rex to be a separate entity, (it's why Robbie is my favorite character on Victorious)

Ever since Rex Dies, I've considered Rex as a whole 'nother character. Especially with him always wanting to be acknowledged, like when people say the five of us, but then he retaliates by saying six. Aha, but yeah.

I actually REALLY liked this crossover, although majority of it involved two different settings, Seattle and Los Angeles. I would've liked it if the two casts bonded more, like how Spencer spent time with Jade, Beck & Sikowitz, and even Cat's two second convo with Gibby. I would've loved to see an interaction between Cat and Sam, LOL, and especially the fact that she couldn't talk would probably drive Sam crazy. I also would've liked if the whole two-timing thing wasn't mainly focused on Carly's upset, even though she did acknowledge that Tori was a victim too. And I wanted more tears, ahaha.

But yeah, I really enjoyed it, and I think that's because I tried my best to not have any hyped up expectations so I could enjoy it while watching it without having to feel the least bit disappointed.

Oh and one more thing, KENAN THOMPSON! Aha, I loved him.

RomanZolanski

[270]Jun 12, 2011

I didn't wanna make a whole new topic, so I'll just post here. Those 7 iPWV questions that Dan posted were really hard. :S

Questions:

1. In iParty With Victorious, two characters mention "soup" – which two characters?

2. What popular TV show from the 1970's is loosely referenced?

3. There were references to two TV shows I've produced in the past. What two shows?

4. Two characters are wearing shirts with peace signs on them. What are those two characters' names?

5. There are 3 websites mentioned in iParty With Victorious (ending in "dot com"). What are the 3 websites?

6. If you watch ALL of iParty With Victorious, you'll see two of the characters holding corn dogs. Which two characters?

7. How many followers does Rex have?

After watching iPWV twice, I could answer every question EXCEPT number 6. So IDK if the contest is over depending on the time for everyone, but if it is over, and if you want, answer the questions.

Edited on 06/12/2011 12:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KJLwriter

[271]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 8

The contest is over. Here's my answers: Q1: I know Jade mentioned soup but didSteven mention that she would be delicious soup?Q2: Muppets, I think. Q3: All That and Drake and Josh. Gibby had on the hat with the Drake and Josh logo on it. I don't know if that counted, but that's all I could come up with. Q4: Carly and Lane's daughter, which I don't know her real name. Q5: www.tweenpants.com, theslap.com and icarly.com, I'm guessing. Q6: Hmmm....I don't know this one. Jade? Cat? I don't know. I haven't seen it enough to know. Q7: I don't know this one either. I know someone only had 13 followers, but I think that was Robbie. Hmmm..... I tried to enter the contest, but I could come up with Q6 or Q7 before the time was up. So, I guess I'm not winning anything. It's a shame because I really wanted to win. Oh well!

Edited on 06/12/2011 4:50pm

RomanZolanski

[272]Jun 12, 2011
    KJLwriter wrote:

The contest is over. Here's my answers: Q1: I know Jade mentioned soup but didSteven mention that she would be delicious soup?Q2: Muppets, I think. Q3: All That and Drake and Josh. Gibby had on the hat with the Drake and Josh logo on it. I don't know if that counted, but that's all I could come up with. Q4: Carly and Lane's daughter, which I don't know her real name. Q5: www.tweenpants.com, theslap.com and icarly.com, I'm guessing. Q6: Hmmm....I don't know this one. Jade? Cat? I don't know. I haven't seen it enough to know. Q7: I don't know this one either. I know someone only had 13 followers, but I think that was Robbie. Hmmm..... I tried to enter the contest, but I could come up with Q6 or Q7 before the time was up. So, I guess I'm not winning anything. It's a shame because I really wanted to win. Oh well!

Oh it's over? KK so I'll compare my answers.
    1 - Jade mentioned it, & I remember Cat saying it out of nowhere with her headband thingy (& that was on the first viewing, before I even knew about the contest, aha)
    2 - Seinfield (Sam said it to Marissa)
    3 - We got the same thing, All That & D&J.
    4 - Again got the same answer. But she wasn't Lane's daughter, aha.
    5 - Same.
    6 - I completely don't know either.
    7 - I believe Rex had 200 or so, which included Andre's grandma, lol. Although I'm not too sure, I just guessed because of the amount of people at the party.

So yeah, I wouldn't have even entered because I didn't know about the contest.

hurr05

[273]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 10

i loved this crossover!! "i'm...TELLIN' YOU JUST HOW I FEE-YUHL!!!!" aha kenan

futuramarama

[274]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 37
    i'm pretty sure the 'popular show from the 70s' was Laverne and Shirley, when Rex says "your turn, Laverne", and Sam said something and called him Shirley.

anyway, i'll post my review later, but i will say this far succeeded my expectations

pscf3

[275]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 16
    Yea, I thought that was funny cause I just got into Laverne and Shirley last week. Seinfeild was from the 90's.

futuramarama

[276]Jun 12, 2011
    I thought this was pretty good. things i liked:

Sam's rap. At first I thought it would be kinda dumb but it was highly entertaining.

The return of Mr. Howard. Yikes, he's aged.

Sikowitz laughing and him looking at that random picture in his class he 'never noticed before'

the way carly and tori got back at steven. it wasn't some stupid way, it actually made sense and worked well.

carly saying mrs. benson looked beautiful (or pretty or whatever she said) and mrs. benson's response.

the panda.

the classroom scene near the start, with the mention of the '100 day kiss', and gibby not knowing what something was (someone help me? it was freddie saying 'you didn't know what (Blank) was till a few months ago). any help would be appreciated.

Leave it all to Shine.

I can't think of much, if anything I disliked. Way better than I thought it would be

RomanZolanski

[277]Jun 12, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:
    Yea, I thought that was funny cause I just got into Laverne and Shirley last week. Seinfeild was from the 90's.

Oh right right, it wasn't from the 70's. So you're right.

RomanZolanski

[278]Jun 12, 2011
    futuramarama wrote:

the classroom scene near the start, with the mention of the '100 day kiss', and gibby not knowing what something was (someone help me? it was freddie saying 'you didn't know what (Blank) was till a few months ago). any help would be appreciated.

It was raddishes, and then he eats one.

futuramarama

[279]Jun 12, 2011
    thanks. i keep forgetting it and that was also a funny scene i thought

Shadowswhisper

[280]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 2

Great episode. You guys have summed up a bunch of the good parts.

I've got a question. In the previews, Spencer is seen with his shirt and pants on by the jacuzzi, and it looks like he's dancing. But I didn't see that in the actual show. Did anybody else see that.

Also, in the previews it shows Jade, Beck, Sikowitz, and Spencer in the jacuzzi splashing each other, but again didn't see that in the actual show. Curious if anybody saw that scene in the show.

Have to admit I got a big laugh at the Laverne and Shirley reference. I wondered if Dan had to explain that to the cast. Were any of them actually born when Lavern and Shirley was on? Sikowitz maybe?