We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iParty With Victorious" TV-MOVIE Episode Discussion

KJLwriter

[281]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    Hmmm...I thought Sam was making a reference to The Muppets when she called Rex nothing but a Muppet. Hmm...it could go either way, but I think you guys are right on that one. I knew about the contest and was going to enter it, but then I saw the questions, and I didn't know the last two answers. He only gave us an hour to do them. I even had my mom and dad help me, but I couldn't come up with them. I haven't seen the episode enough to notice these things. I was mad. I really wanted to win. He ended it at 12:54 eastern time, which is 9:54 west coast time. That's so early for people that live there!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainKrueger

[282]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 5

I was pleasantly surprised with this because I actually...fully enjoyed it. It didn't feel rushed to me and for once I didn't feel like I had my expectations too high (actually, I never set my expectations high for a lot of things unless I'm really excited for something, but lately, with iCarly, I have to keep them a little lower than usual. Yet I still get disappointed in the end and feel they were still a little too high).

pscf3

[283]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 16
    Laverne and shirley reruns come on alot, so the actors probably knew about it. Anyway, it's a spin off of Happy Days, a show EVERYONE's seen. Eeehhhhhhh.

RiciSmokes2

[284]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    My expectations were met, but they weren't that high. They usually are, but they'd already gave away the plot and some of the jokes, so I wasn't expecting much. Overall a pretty good episode. I like the way Dan does his plots. They're not brand new or never seen before, but he puts his own twist on them and makes them fresh and funny. I hate when the plots are reused and nothings really changed, like the new show coming on Disney Channel A.N.T. Farm. Hmm.... A tween age black genius kid making their way through high school, where have I seen that before? Oh yeah Smart Guy. With iPWV I've see the plot a million times, but there was so much background/sideline insanity going on I forgot to be annoyed.

Jamesbray

[285]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 13
    I thought it was good. Wish there was more interaction between the two shows.

hurr05

[286]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 10

yeah it's kind of like we knew already that they were gonna get revenge on Steven.

LOL but i loved when Carly was like "only a million people are watching. it's not like your whole life's ruined" and then kenan and tori were like "oh, wait. IT KIND OF ISSSS."

marcdragicevic

[287]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 21
    Ahout to watch to it, hopefully it will be good.

marcdragicevic

[288]Jun 13, 2011
    I thought it was pretty good, especially the rap battle. Nice special effects.

CaptainKrueger

[289]Jun 14, 2011

Yeah, I was thinking about some of the speculation that was going on before this thing aired wen I was watching it. It would have been nice for the shows to interact more, but it worked out nicely in the end.

hurr05

[290]Jun 14, 2011

What they could have done better is show more of Steven after the two girls humiliate him. It was kind of like, he just screamed "AW FORGET IT" and left lol

vanillacupcakes

[291]Jun 14, 2011

Grrr....cutting off my posts again. I can't finish my post?

I've only seen random pieces of the crossover, but the parts I saw were a lot better than I expected. Low expectations FTW! It was a fun, light-hearted episode. The colon pee thing is hilarous, especially Gibby's reaction. I have no idea why, but I also actually laughed out loud at the random panda.My favorite part so far is probably the Protective!Freddie Carly/Freddie scene. I was even sent a spoiler on that scene, but on tv it was so much better. It seems like the first timeher love interest was a total jerk to her and I felt so bad for her. Then Freddie tries to save the day. D'aww Freddie why are you so adorable.

Edited on 06/14/2011 12:49pm
    Edited 4 total times.

hurr05

[292]Jun 14, 2011

lol i LOLed at the giant panda too i also laughed at Freddie trying to save the day, because he knows he can't hurt sh*t

jegolas1973

[293]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 22

I like Sam's homage to Victoria Justice: "That girl (Tori Vega) bears a resemblance to that girl you fought, Shelby Marx." Of course, Victoria plays both Tori and Shelby.

Edited on 06/16/2011 3:18am
    Edited 2 total times.

CaptainKrueger

[294]Jun 15, 2011

I loved the Protective!Freddie. Such a sweet boy.

pscf3

[295]Jun 15, 2011
    I thought that was cheesy.

jegolas1973 wrote:

I liked Sam's homage to Victoria Justice: "That girl (Tori Vega) bears a resemblance to that girl you fought, Shelby Marx." Of course, Victoria plays both Tori and Shelby.

futuramarama

[296]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 37
    so the entire 'movie', Cat couldn't talk, and then at the end she's magically allowed to sing without any worry about her vocal chords? what was the point of having her go the whole movie without talking, if at the end, she sings with no explanation given? doesn't that make her not being able to talk kind of pointless? the first time i saw this, at the end when cat talked, and tori told her she shouldn't, and she said "i can sing" (or whatever her line was)... singing is harder than talking obviously and you need to be on key and all that... i thought they were going to make it so that whatever was wrong with cat was better now, but... they didn't say it was or not, so cat just decides "oh, i can sing, i just can't talk." doesn't this make her whole headband plot (if it is a plot, don't know whether or not it could be counted as one) pointless?

and yea, i wasn't a fan of the Shelby Marx reference. There was an episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, where they did High School Musical as a play at their school, and Maddie (Ashley Tisdale, who played Sharpay in HSM) got mad when she wasn't cast as Sharpay in the episode, because she 'doesn't look like her.' Jokes like that don't seem funny to me. They're nice references, i guess, but they aren't really clever or anything. I'm just glad all the 'omg are they going to confuse Tori Vega and think she's Shelby Marx!' hysteria ended... that's why it's called ACTING people, so you can ACT as different people. yeesh.

Fireofnature

[297]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 13
    Pretty sure the only reason it was thrown in there was a gimmick Dan decided to throw in because practically every stinkin' fan kept on saying how HILARIOUS it would be if there was some reference to Shelby Marx. Amazingly they didn't do that with Andre-Harper, but then again, they didn't really associate that much with Andre, he was busy with certain matters regarding a panda.

marcdragicevic

[298]Jun 16, 2011
    Bit disappointed that Cat couldn't talk though, wanted Sam to dish insults at some of the things she would have said.

hurr05

[299]Jun 16, 2011

I wanted to see more interaction between the characters of both shows. It was like, Tori and Carly became friends, and everybody else magically became BFFs when they were singing the mashups

RiciSmokes2

[300]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 7
    Some off you said it was creepy how Spencer talked about Tori, but the way him and Gibby were interacting was wayyyyy wrong.