We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iFind Lewbert's Lost Love' Episode Discussion

KonrBirz

[61]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    I really liked this episode, it shown a whole new light on Lewbert, and made him look like a normal human, who had had an unfortunate encounter with a girl.
    Also, I agree that it did have some seddie moments. If not relationshipy, they're at least becoming more comfortable around each other and more friendly. Think about it, in the first episode, would sam have laid right next to freddie and talked and laughed with him? Would he have? Even when Carly came and joined them on the beanbags, Freddie was still laying closer to Sam than he was Carly. Like, noticeably closer. I thought that was interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KonrBirz

[62]Nov 15, 2009
    Oh and by the way, anybody notice Sam's developing more? How old is the actress?

MEandChad4ever

[63]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 4

KonrBirz wrote:
    Oh and by the way, anybody notice Sam's developing more? How old is the actress?

She's 17

Checkpoint24

[64]Nov 15, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    dan said that to make you seddie fans think stupidly. it meant NOTHING.

I hope you're right. What happened to Dan saying that he wasn't going to say anything more on the subject? Either way I'm getting tired of him pretty much telling us that seddie's gonna happen.

Does anyone know who the actor is that plays Chuck? He plays his character so well...

pixarprincess

[66]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    TheSchwab wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

wow. i can't believe how stupid you are and how much that you are in denial. Dan doesnt say stuff based on fan reaction.

Some people just have NO faith in that sort of thing. Can someone tell me what happened in the episode, minus the alleged Seddie sightings? (Although they DO seem to be a bit closer ever since they had their first kiss together )

MEandChad4ever

[67]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    Checkpoint24 wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

I hope you're right. What happened to Dan saying that he wasn't going to say anything more on the subject? Either way I'm getting tired of him pretty much telling us that seddie's gonna happen.

Does anyone know who the actor is that plays Chuck? He plays his character so well...

Ryan Ochoa plays Chuck. =)

NatalieTV100

[68]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 10
    KonrBirz wrote:
    I really liked this episode, it shown a whole new light on Lewbert, and made him look like a normal human, who had had an unfortunate encounter with a girl. Also, I agree that it did have some seddie moments. If not relationshipy, they're at least becoming more comfortable around each other and more friendly. Think about it, in the first episode, would sam have laid right next to freddie and talked and laughed with him? Would he have? Even when Carly came and joined them on the beanbags, Freddie was still laying closer to Sam than he was Carly. Like, noticeably closer. I thought that was interesting.
    That's exactly what I meant by close, friendship wise.

charmed4eva112

[69]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    pixarprincess wrote:
    TheSchwab wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

wow. i can't believe how stupid you are and how much that you are in denial. Dan doesnt say stuff based on fan reaction.

Some people just have NO faith in that sort of thing. Can someone tell me what happened in the episode, minus the alleged Seddie sightings? (Although they DO seem to be a bit closer ever since they had their first kiss together )

Well, OTHER than the Seddie interactions, the gang tried to help Lewbert to become happier by finding his ex girlfriend (found through some very personal belongings in his office that Sam found after going to find her cellphone after pulling a prank for iCarly in there, and they all realize that the girl is crazy and obsessive so they try to get her away, which doesn't work. Spencer and Chuck team up to find the thief that takes people's TV remotes and they seem to be closer friends but Chuck's the one that is stealing the remotes because he got grounded from the TV. The police somehow show up, Lewbert takes the blame for stealing the remotes, he slaps a cop in the face for a longer sentancing to get away from the crazy woman, and that's basically it.

I thought the episode was a lot more interesting than I expected. I LOVED the Spencer/Chuck parts, the Lewbert parts were intensely hilarious, especially the scenes with his ex and the whole explanation on how she gave him the wart, and of course, being a Seddie fan, I noticed how much time the two spent alone together (like when Sam carried Freddie out of the apartment to go hunt for her cellphone). Many Seddie moments, but the whole episode itself wasn't that bad.

sockstar

[70]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    Seddie "Moments". Lol.

In a show with a cast of about 4 people (Carly, Sam, Freddie, Spencer) then additional recurrings like chuck/ms benson, 2 of those people standing or sitting or talking to each other isn't a shippy "moment" it's just normal.

When you need to stretch so badly that simply being like real people in a scene together is "shippy", then what does that say about the couple?

It's like saying because Raj and Leonard often sit in the same room in the Big Bang Theory that they are secretly in love.

There have only been like two real seddie "moments" in the entire show, if you don't count arguing, punching and fighting as shippy. The kiss (which happened because Sam broke Freddie's trust), and Freddie giving away the cruise. And _maybe_ the end of iSpeed Date.

There are also alot of moments which show how badly they would work together at times. The entire plot of Locker 239 for example.

Creddie has had over half a dozen hugs, Freddie's dance dream kiss, the nose kiss, Freddie constantly hitting on Carly, Carly flirting with him, Carly appearing jealous (of kissing Sam and Melanie, and his apparent crush on Shelby), the hallway scene, their dance (which was way more romantic than the kiss), and soon, Freddie saving Carly's life.

If I was a Seddie fan, I'd be very worried that Dan has completely failed to include more than a couple of scenes this season which suggest they actually care (as opposed to them treating each other like normal people would treat other people), let alone scenes that show they might have a romantic interest in each other.

Instead he just goes and finds scenes in each episode that have Sam and Freddie together, acting normal, and makes these little hints and vague suggestions that they actually mean more than what they are.
    Edited on 11/17/2009 7:04am

Obiwan456

[72]Nov 17, 2009
    It was okay, but the Spencer / Chuck subplot was way better in my opinion. 6.8/10

Checkpoint24

[73]Nov 17, 2009

sockstar wrote:
    Seddie "Moments". Lol.

In a show with a cast of about 4 people (Carly, Sam, Freddie, Spencer) then additional recurrings like chuck/ms benson, 2 of those people standing or sitting or talking to each other isn't a shippy "moment" it's just normal.

When you need to stretch so badly that simply being like real people in a scene together is "shippy", then what does that say about the couple?

It's like saying because Raj and Leonard often sit in the same room in the Big Bang Theory that they are secretly in love.

There have only been like two real seddie "moments" in the entire show, if you don't count arguing, punching and fighting as shippy. The kiss (which happened because Sam broke Freddie's trust), and Freddie giving away the cruise. And _maybe_ the end of iSpeed Date.

There are also alot of moments which show how badly they would work together at times. The entire plot of Locker 239 for example.

Creddie has had over half a dozen hugs, Freddie's dance dream kiss, the nose kiss, Freddie constantly hitting on Carly, Carly flirting with him, Carly appearing jealous (of kissing Sam and Melanie, and his apparent crush on Shelby), the hallway scene, their dance (which was way more romantic than the kiss), and soon, Freddie saving Carly's life.

If I was a Seddie fan, I'd be very worried that Dan has completely failed to include more than a couple of scenes this season which suggest they actually care (as opposed to them treating each other like normal people would treat other people), let alone scenes that show they might have a romantic interest in each other.

Instead he just goes and finds scenes in each episode that have Sam and Freddie together, acting normal, and makes these little hints and vague suggestions that they actually mean more than what they are.

Big +1 to that.

Schwab: One day you will realize that you're the one in denial. And what's up with referring to creddie as **eddie? If that means what I think it does than that is extremely immature.

goodgirl528

[75]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    TheSchwab wrote:

lmfao. you guys are the ones in denial. the majority of the fandom is laughing at you two.

You think Dan just say's stuff to say it? Dan has said he doesnt do anything based on fan reaction. So the creator is on my side. So that makes you guys the ones in denial.

You guys thinking Dan just says stuff to appease and to cater to seddie fans is hillarious. You two are being disrespectfull to Dan. You two are basically calling him a liar. Saying he is BS'ing everybody. You guys must be the type who buy into conspiracy theories. It's laughable.

I think that all three of you are in denial that there are moments in both ships.

sockstar

[76]Nov 17, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

lmfao....you keep preaching your dan is just appeasing the seddie fans. lmfao at you thinking a platonic dance was romantic. omfg. Also Carly has never been jeolous. Flirting with freddie? What show are you watching? You are so in denial it's not even funny.

LMFAO at you thinking there have been more **eddie moments then Seddie. Seriously....wow....

You claim we should be worried as Seddie fans? Your picking out dream sequences. haha. You are just spouting a lot of baseless conjucture. Nobody takes anything you say seriously rather it her, lj, or twitter. The majority of the fandom laughs at you. You were destroyed at the groovy smoothie after your blatant bash of Sam.

Everything you say is BS! You just keep proving that over and over.

Seriously, It's not surprising you think a platonic slow dance between friends who had a bad date who wanted one dance with someone they wouldnt kill is more romantic than a sam and freddie kiss. Seriously I slow dance with the same girl 3 times in 6th grade and there was nothing romantic there. lol.

Your delusional posts are stunning.

Carly has flirted with Freddie a few times. Most notably in iOwe You. She was clearly jealous of Melanie, Sam and Shelby. Even Dan has said so. So are you going to say Dan lied about it?

1) The dance was romantic. Both alone, Freddie asking Carly to dance, to make up for their bad night and dates. Dancing right up next to each other, Carly laying her head on his shoulder, music in the background. It's romantic, even if they were platonic friends. If you can't see that, then you are deluded.

2) Name all the proper shippy Seddie moments. Not including fighting or bickering or punching or abusing each other. Because that isn't shippy.

3) A dream sequence is still part of Freddie's character. He dreamed of Carly, saving her from a douche, then got to kiss her. It counts.

4) Yep, getting into the strawman arguments now are we? I'd have thought someone with TWO (count em, TWO!) degrees would know better. You can bash me all you want, it doesn't change the argument.

5) And I'm sure alot of people's first kisses weren't romantic and didn't mean anything either. Your point?

TheSchwab

[77]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 11

sockstar wrote:

Carly has flirted with Freddie a few times. Most notably in iOwe You. She was clearly jealous of Melanie, Sam and Shelby. Even Dan has said so. So are you going to say Dan lied about it?

1) The dance was romantic. Both alone, Freddie asking Carly to dance, to make up for their bad night and dates. Dancing right up next to each other, Carly laying her head on his shoulder, music in the background. It's romantic, even if they were platonic friends. If you can't see that, then you are deluded.

2) Name all the proper shippy Seddie moments. Not including fighting or bickering or punching or abusing each other. Because that isn't shippy.

3) A dream sequence is still part of Freddie's character. He dreamed of Carly, saving her from a douche, then got to kiss her. It counts.

4) Yep, getting into the strawman arguments now are we? I'd have thought someone with TWO (count em, TWO!) degrees would know better. You can bash me all you want, it doesn't change the argument.

5) And I'm sure alot of people's first kisses weren't romantic and didn't mean anything either. Your point?

Wow. Just wow. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I mean you are calling Dan a liar. The creator is on my side and you just cant deal with that face. I mean look at your #1 point. You just ignore the context. You are just dumb.

Edited on 11/17/2009 8:55pm

sockstar

[78]Nov 17, 2009
    How did I ignore the context anyway? I posted the exact context. They are alone together, after both their dates left them, Freddie asks Carly to dance, and she accepts. With the slow musics and the head on shoulder it's all quite romantic most people would say.

Where did I say Dan lied in that post?

I'm saying that Dan said Carly was jealous in one of his fun facts.

You are basically just ignoring my points and going "lalalalal I'm right, you are wrong."

Cool. I win this argument then.

Brick wall? I think that's a mirror actually.

sockstar

[80]Nov 17, 2009
    It's over champ.

You lost by not bothering to do anything more than make personal attacks.

Thanks for playing kid.