We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iFence" Discussion

zulaz

[121]May 18, 2008
    • level: 13
    well, kids are maturing faster now adays...
    when i was 4 years old, i never watched barney or any of those other little kid shows. i always went for the big kid shows like Nick/cartoon network lol. shoot, i even watched Family Guy when i was 6.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Collegebound06

[122]May 18, 2008
    • level: 32
    i dont think my cousins are mature enough for the show yet..so..well see..i dont think they should be exposed to it yet

zulaz

[123]May 18, 2008
    well. it says "T.V Y7" for the mature ratings lol. so...it is merely saying that the show is for 7 years and older.

Collegebound06

[124]May 18, 2008
    yeah but some things i dont approve of lol

AndreaMSkate

[125]May 18, 2008
    • level: 49
    zulaz wrote:
    when i was 4 years old, i never watched barney or any of those other little kid shows. i always went for the big kid shows like Nick/cartoon network lol. shoot, i even watched Family Guy when i was 6.

Hahaha. I'm 20. Back when I was 6, I was STILL watching Barney. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Collegebound06

[126]May 18, 2008
    thank u..everyone thought i was crazy b/c i didnt give up barney until i was 7 lol

Gryffindorkish

[127]May 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    zulaz wrote:

Hahaha. I'm 20. Back when I was 6, I was STILL watching Barney. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Same here. I was obsessed with Barney until I was in like 1st grade. But I watched a lot of non-little kid stuff too, like the Simpsons and my dad always took me to a lot of PG-13 movies when I was still like 5.

ycc1988

[128]May 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    Heck, I ran out of the theatre when Toy Story came out (or so my parents told me). If I did the math right, I was 6.

Collegebound06

[129]May 19, 2008
    after i saw toy story i would wake up in the middle of the night and sneak a peek at my toys lol..by the way i love ur signature ycc1988

ycc1988

[130]May 19, 2008
    • level: 20
    Thanks.

Back on topic, I would have liked it if Freddie was actually able to win the match, which was pretty much abandoned.

garnergeek

[131]May 19, 2008
    • level: 14
    I was annoyed with Carly in this ep! She was being really snobby, and selfish! I think the writers weren't very true to her character, usually she isn't like that. And she was just concerend with her own well being, plus I didn't think her cousins were even THAT bad! They were sweet, but it was really mean when she wouldn't let Spencer and Freddie do their own thing for once, I can't believe she tried to get mad over that!

lilatp

[132]May 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    garnergeek wrote:
    I was annoyed with Carly in this ep! She was being really snobby, and selfish! I think the writers weren't very true to her character, usually she isn't like that. And she was just concerend with her own well being, plus I didn't think her cousins were even THAT bad! They were sweet, but it was really mean when she wouldn't let Spencer and Freddie do their own thing for once, I can't believe she tried to get mad over that!

I see your point, but you have to think of what kind of situation that was.If you thought her cousins weren't THAT bad then okay, but you have to look at it this way Carly was really mad at because Spencer wasn't there to help her out with cooking the food or cleaning the place up because he was busy training Freddie, and when she tried to call him he wouldn't pick up his cell phone because he was doing... other things.He also promised he would be there and he wasn't so in anger of what she had to go through I guess she wanted him to regret what he did and feel the way she did or something...I'm just glad that in the end she felt REALLY bad about it and decided to make things right.It was just super wired to see Carly bossing Spencer aroud like that I dunno.

Collegebound06

[133]May 19, 2008
    yeah i dont think she was really her normal carly personality

Wedgie317

[134]May 19, 2008
    Besides, you see almost every show do that storyline every now and then. That Carly personality that we saw may not be normal to her regular personality, but it was bound to come up sooner or later.
    Edited on 05/19/2008 4:04pm

gryffinval7890

[135]May 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    Wedgie317 wrote:
    Besides, you see almost every show do that stroyline every now and then. That Carly personality that we saw may not be normal to her regular personality, but it was bound to come up sooner or later.

totally agree, we can't expect everyone to show one type of personality, or one that we see often, all the time... everyone is going to react differently to every situation...

zulaz

[136]May 19, 2008
    and Carly also said "sorry" to Freddie. so her personality will always be the same in the show. people just get mad sometimes. cant help it.

AndreaMSkate

[137]May 20, 2008
    • level: 49
    lilatp wrote:
    garnergeek wrote:

I see your point, but you have to think of what kind of situation that was.If you thought her cousins weren't THAT bad then okay, but you have to look at it this way Carly was really mad at because Spencer wasn't there to help her out with cooking the food or cleaning the place up because he was busy training Freddie, and when she tried to call him he wouldn't pick up his cell phone because he was doing... other things.He also promised he would be there and he wasn't so in anger of what she had to go through I guess she wanted him to regret what he did and feel the way she did or something...I'm just glad that in the end she felt REALLY bad about it and decided to make things right.It was just super wired to see Carly bossing Spencer aroud like that I dunno.

Yeah she was definitely understandably upset. I probably would've been considerably more annoyed with it if she didn't do everything she could to fix things in the end.

Collegebound06

[138]May 21, 2008
    i would have been as mad as her but i wouldnt have been assertive considering he was my older brother and i shouldnt push him around..i would just hold a grudge

starryeyed15

[139]May 23, 2008
    • level: 7

My main problem with this episode is that Freddie YET again lets his mom fight his own battles. I just want him for once to stand up for himself and quit being so spineless. He came close to it, but then in the end mommy fought off his bully. I hope in season 2 we get a stronger Freddie.

primallynx

[140]May 23, 2008
    • level: 14

That's a good point, but the main lesson (if there even was one) that I got from this was you can't let your parents run your life, but they will always be there to protect you.

Freddie did stand up to his Mom, which is a first I think. He showed his independance, but his Mom still supported him in the end.