We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Dan Schneider Discussion

giadolphin9965

[1]May 29, 2009
    • level: 4

There isn't already a topic for this, is there? Because I can't find one, and the producer of theshow this forum

is about deserves a discussion about him! I hope this doesn't get locked.

Edited on 01/14/2012 4:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rock_Goddess_18

[2]May 30, 2009
    • level: 17

Whether it gets locked or not here's my opinion of what I think of Dan Schneider:

I think he does a great job making some new episodes and shows on Nickelodeon, he does sound nice and is a creative and friendly guy. He came up with and created Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, and this show: iCarly. Drake and Josh seems to be the best show he's created since it is very popular and has a lot of fans, some of them post around the D & J boards daily. iCarly is another show that in my book succeeds that was made by Dan.

The first season of iCarly I thought was the best, sadly in season two there are some not so good episodes like the one with Fred, it comes down to an array of hit or miss episodes. iStage an Intervention I thought was a hit episode.

By the way, Dan Schneider actually came on here and posted as the user named DanWarp. And let me tell you that sure was a sight to behold, it's always awesome to have a Nick producer visit this web site. He hasn't posted here in a while though, so I hope he returns here again sometime in the future.

Dan Schneider I think is a Nick Producer since he writes some episodes and has created a few shows, so I definitely know he is a popular creator who works for Nickelodeon.

SkyeNite

[3]May 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    My oppinion: Dan Schneider is the greastest writer ever! as far as tv comedies go. He's my idol. and lets not forget that he's also one of the creative forces and/or Producer of great shows like ALL That, Keanen & Kel, the Amanda Show, What I Like About You, and The Nick Cannon Show. And i ABSOLUTLY LOVED every last one of those shows. The guy is a genious, and i only wish i could write like him one day.

katywishing100

[4]May 30, 2009
    • level: 15
    I'm not going to say hes the best writer ever, but I certainly like most of the shows he has created. Maybe it's just me, but I think iCarly has gone way downhill, and I honestly hardly look forward to the new episodes now. I hope the next episode proves that iCarly is still good, and I can learn to love it again.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[5]May 30, 2009
    • level: 5

katywishing100 wrote:
    I'm not going to say hes the best writer ever, but I certainly like most of the shows he has created. Maybe it's just me, but I think iCarly has gone way downhill, and I honestly hardly look forward to the new episodes now. I hope the next episode proves that iCarly is still good, and I can learn to love it again.

I don't think iCarly has gone way downhill but I will say that some episodes so far this season have been a bit flat. It's still way too early to judge since its only their 2nd season but the show still continues to grow I think.

SkyeNite

[6]May 30, 2009
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

katywishing100 wrote:

I don't think iCarly has gone way downhill but I will say that some episodes so far this season have been a bit flat. It's still way too early to judge since its only their 2nd season but the show still continues to grow I think.

IT seems like the episodes that lack a little in funny-ness are more about the characters growing and their relatonships with eachother growing so that more then makes up for it usually.

Obiwan456

[7]May 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    SkyeNite wrote:
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

katywishing100 wrote:

IT seems like the episodes that lack a little in funny-ness are more about the characters growing and their relatonships with eachother growing so that more then makes up for it usually.

yeaaaaah, not for my parents. I'm saying it's a very good thing iDate a Bad Boy was funny because if it hadn't of been...... I would still be watching it but my parents.........

SkyeNite

[8]May 30, 2009
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

katywishing100 wrote:

yeaaaaah, not for my parents. I'm saying it's a very good thing iDate a Bad Boy was funny because if it hadn't of been...... I would still be watching it but my parents.........

yah, well I won't consider iDate A Bad Boy a "growing" Episode for any of the characters Carly's response to the whole thing was anything but mature. She started out saying that she liked him because he was "sweet and smart" but then broke up with him just because the Bad boy image he had was broken over the Peewee babies. Most of the ones that aren't that funny have deeper story lines though that still make the show interesting for all ages, though i guess it also depends on which characters the ep is about and how much you like or relate to them, or much you like the particulair relationship that's growing in that episode. So those eps probably aren't the best ones to watch if your trying to get someone into the show.

Obiwan456

[9]May 30, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

katywishing100 wrote:

yah, well I won't consider iDate A Bad Boy a "growing" Episode for any of the characters Carly's response to the whole thing was anything but mature. She started out saying that she liked him because he was "sweet and smart" but then broke up with him just because the Bad boy image he had was broken over the Peewee babies. Most of the ones that aren't that funny have deeper story lines though that still make the show interesting for all ages, though i guess it also depends on which characters the ep is about and how much you like or relate to them, or much you like the particulair relationship that's growing in that episode. So those eps probably aren't the best ones to watch if your trying to get someone into the show.

Well for my parents it's a comedy, so I should be funny, ergo, the unfunny ones are kida a turn-off because they dont watch it for character developement, thay watch it to laugh.

PowerC

[10]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 2
    Dan Schneider's a horrible creator. All of his shows involve the same corny humor with lame, flat, and generic characters. Jokes are crammed into every damn scene, and the laugh track is used excessively. It's even more annoying when it's almost always the same track each time.

SkyeNite

[11]Jun 1, 2009
    PowerC wrote:
    Dan Schneider's a horrible creator. All of his shows involve the same corny humor with lame, flat, and generic characters. Jokes are crammed into every damn scene, and the laugh track is used excessively. It's even more annoying when it's almost always the same track each time.

1) If you hate all his shows why are you on this forum
    2) He might use the laugh track once per scene, he's actually one of the few comedy writers that don't use it excesively
    3)the last things the characters are is flat or generic (how often has an overly heractive mondern art sculpter been used before)
    4) and please explain to me how on earth jokes being in every scene of a COMEDY is a bad thing

actually don't explain it to me, just take your negativity and leave. These forums are for the fans not the haters.

katywishing100

[12]Jun 1, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

2) He might use the laugh track once per scene, he's actually one of the few comedy writers that don't use it excesively
    3)the last things the characters are is flat or generic (how often has an overly heractive mondern art sculpter been used before)
    4) and please explain to me how on earth jokes being in every scene of a COMEDY is a bad thing

actually don't explain it to me, just take your negativity and leave. These forums are for the fans not the haters.

He is stating his opinion, I don't think you should attack him because of it. I think the laugh track is stupid, and its always put in the wrong places. I agree some of the humor is a little over-done, but saying hes a horrible creator is a little mean.

SkyeNite

[13]Jun 1, 2009
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

He is stating his opinion, I don't think you should attack him because of it. I think the laugh track is stupid, and its always put in the wrong places. I agree some of the humor is a little over-done, but saying hes a horrible creator is a little mean.

i wasn't attacting him i was just responding in an organized list haha, i mean really how can you disagree with my first responce? who goes on a forum of a show they don't like just to complain about it? There are a ton of other places you can state your oppion at and i always beleived this to be a place where the FANS can state their oppion. If your a fan who disliked or even hated one episode and you want to complain about, then fine. But I never saw the point in a person who hates a show entirely coming on to these forums and trashing it. And thats what he/she did. They straight up trashed, madefun of everything about it useing harsh and mean words and i don't think fan forums should have to tolerate people like that

katywishing100

[14]Jun 1, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

i wasn't attacting him i was just responding in an organized list haha, i mean really how can you disagree with my first responce? who goes on a forum of a show they don't like just to complain about it? There are a ton of other places you can state your oppion at and i always beleived this to be a place where the FANS can state their oppion. If your a fan who disliked or even hated one episode and you want to complain about, then fine. But I never saw the point in a person who hates a show entirely coming on to these forums and trashing it. And thats what he/she did. They straight up trashed, madefun of everything about it useing harsh and mean words and i don't think fan forums should have to tolerate people like that

Then you have to see the Secret Life Of The American Teenager forums. Everyone there talks about how much they hate the show, and whenever I say don't come on here then if you hate it, they say it's a forum to discuss, not to praise about how much you love it, and how much of a fan you are. I guess it's the same here, just let the haters talk about how much they don't like it, and the people who are fans can talk about how much they liked the episode. No need to fight with them.

SkyeNite

[15]Jun 1, 2009
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

Then you have to see the Secret Life Of The American Teenager forums. Everyone there talks about how much they hate the show, and whenever I say don't come on here then if you hate it, they say it's a forum to discuss, not to praise about how much you love it, and how much of a fan you are. I guess it's the same here, just let the haters talk about how much they don't like it, and the people who are fans can talk about how much they liked the episode. No need to fight with them.

I wasn't "fighting" or "attacking" them. I was stating MY oppinion. which was contrary to his. And these forums are over taken by fans that shouldn't have deal with people bashing the show they like, so if this is to be tolerated then someone should open up an OFficial iCarly Bashing thread so we don't have to hear it. I'm sorry if any other forum is filled with more haters then fans but thats not the case here. thats like a Seddie fan going on to the Creddie forum (You are a Creddie fan correct?) and bashing Creddie. I bet you would get a little upset, same if a Creddie bashed Seddie on our forum. those are both labeled "discussions" yet they are only for people to talk about their ship in peace with out hearing others bash it.

katywishing100

[16]Jun 1, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

I wasn't "fighting" or "attacking" them. I was stating MY oppinion. which was contrary to his. And these forums are over taken by fans that shouldn't have deal with people bashing the show they like, so if this is to be tolerated then someone should open up an OFficial iCarly Bashing thread so we don't have to hear it. I'm sorry if any other forum is filled with more haters then fans but thats not the case here. thats like a Seddie fan going on to the Creddie forum (You are a Creddie fan correct?) and bashing Creddie. I bet you would get a little upset, same if a Creddie bashed Seddie on our forum. those are both labeled "discussions" yet they are only for people to talk about their ship in peace with out hearing others bash it.

I said people attacked me when I said I like SLOAT not that you were atatcking him...and yea I'm a Creddie fan, but some episodes like iKiss, and iLook alike, I like Seddie. I wouldn't care if you came on 'my' forum to talk about Seddie. It's to discuss about the realationship (good or bad), and I doubt a iCarly bashing thread would be made; the Mod would probably lock it.

Obiwan456

[17]Jun 1, 2009

katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:
    1) If you hate all his shows why are you on this forum 2) He might use the laugh track once per scene, he's actually one of the few comedy writers that don't use it excesively 3)the last things the characters are is flat or generic (how often has an overly heractive mondern art sculpter been used before) 4) and please explain to me how on earth jokes being in every scene of a COMEDY is a bad thing actually don't explain it to me, just take your negativity and leave. These forums are for the fans not the haters.
    I said people attacked me when I said I like SLOAT not that you were atatcking him...and yea I'm a Creddie fan, but some episodes like iKiss, and iLook alike, I like Seddie. I wouldn't care if you came on 'my' forum to talk about Seddie. It's to discuss about the realationship (good or bad), and I doubt a iCarly bashing thread would be made; the Mod would probably lock it.

she locks everything

SkyeNite

[18]Jun 1, 2009
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:

You did say "attacking" in your first comment. And i didn't say that you would be upset if someone talked about seddie. I said if someone bashed Creddie. Like made fun of it and called it horrible or awful or stupid, stuff like that. And I know the mod would close it, and i'm guessing the reason for that is the same reason that people shouldn't come on here period to bash the show. For one, it causes fights, and for two, its common curtasy not too. If they hate the show so much, write a reveiw. I mean, ok they hate the show, what's left to discuss?

katywishing100

[19]Jun 1, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:
    1) If you hate all his shows why are you on this forum 2) He might use the laugh track once per scene, he's actually one of the few comedy writers that don't use it excesively 3)the last things the characters are is flat or generic (how often has an overly heractive mondern art sculpter been used before) 4) and please explain to me how on earth jokes being in every scene of a COMEDY is a bad thing actually don't explain it to me, just take your negativity and leave. These forums are for the fans not the haters.
    You did say "attacking" in your first comment. And i didn't say that you would be upset if someone talked about seddie. I said if someone bashed Creddie. Like made fun of it and called it horrible or awful or stupid, stuff like that. And I know the mod would close it, and i'm guessing the reason for that is the same reason that people shouldn't come on here period to bash the show. For one, it causes fights, and for two, its common curtasy not too. If they hate the show so much, write a reveiw. I mean, ok they hate the show, what's left to discuss?
    OK, discussion closed. Talk about Dan now.

marcdragicevic

[20]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 21
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    PowerC wrote:
    OK, discussion closed. Talk about Dan now.

Who thinks this guy is a genius? He has created some of my favourite shows'- 'iCarly', 'Drake and Josh', 'Zoey 101', and 'Victorious.'
    Who else agrees?