We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Dan Schneider Discussion

Fireofnature

[41]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 13
    Never said ANYONE was "stupid" for stating their opinion, was merely stating that it seems ridculous and a stupid thought for people to get so damn worked up over menial things like that...-shrug- but that's just my opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[42]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 10

right. you have your opinion, and i have mine. let's leave it at that.

RomanZolanski

[43]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 12
    I know ths probs over, but it doesn't matter about the character's skin colour or background, it matters on the ACTOR. How well the actor plays the character, and the best person for the choice. Unless it's a BET show or whatever where the characters HAVE to be black, or other shows like How to Be Indie (a Canadian Show) where the family is of Indian decent, the characters aren't chosen as black before the show starts.
    They don't say, oh Freddie will be a black male, so only audition black actors. Well, just my $0.02.

teenj12

[44]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 26

RomanZolanski wrote:
    I know ths probs over, but it doesn't matter about the character's skin colour or background, it matters on the ACTOR. How well the actor plays the character, and the best person for the choice. Unless it's a BET show or whatever where the characters HAVE to be black, or other shows like How to Be Indie (a Canadian Show) where the family is of Indian decent, the characters aren't chosen as black before the show starts. They don't say, oh Freddie will be a black male, so only audition black actors. Well, just my $0.02.

Haha XD.

hurr05

[45]Apr 18, 2011

RomanZolanski wrote:
    I know ths probs over, but it doesn't matter about the character's skin colour or background, it matters on the ACTOR. How well the actor plays the character, and the best person for the choice. Unless it's a BET show or whatever where the characters HAVE to be black, or other shows like How to Be Indie (a Canadian Show) where the family is of Indian decent, the characters aren't chosen as black before the show starts. They don't say, oh Freddie will be a black male, so only audition black actors. Well, just my $0.02.
    lol no i'm not saying that. personally, i think freddie is cute

chicamusica12

[46]Apr 18, 2011
    The one thing is seriously dislike about Dan, is that he always makes this one Karma Houdini. No matter what this person pulls, insults pranks beatings, they always come out smelling like a rose. It seriously bugs me.

Also, are all of the beatings and violence really funny? After a while, I kinda want someone to slap Sam and Megan and let them know that is not OK.

Lastly, Dan has a habit of creating Sues, (Carly, Zoey). Tori isn't really one, as she does screw up and gets called out on it. Carly is slightly shifting away from it. Sam is a Jerk Sue, with all her antics being handwaved as being "Sam."

HE also has way too much fun messing with the shippers. Really, it gets irritating at times. It's not even that funny. (Unlike Bryke who made the Kataang vs. Zutara war absolutely hilarious during a Comic Con video XD)

And lastly, stop using the laugh track so much. Seriously.

Other than that, you're doing great!

vanillacupcakes

[47]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 16
    Weird, I always thought Nickelodeon and Disney are doing a better job at having more diversity among the casts. IA with FireofNature and Roman though. This doesn't have to do with race, but I find it kind of weird that a lot of the leads in kids shows are brunettes. It's probably a coincidence though, there are a lot of brunettes out there. I admire the fact Ariana risked dying her hair, I love her hair like that.

The only leads I liked a lot was when there were two of them, Drake, Josh, Kenan, and Kel. I haven't seen "What I Like About You" so I can't judge. Sometimes Zoey and Carly seem too similar to me. I loved Dan since the later, supposedly more "suckish" seasons of All That. IDC I thought the show was still good. I wasn't old enough to see him in "Head of the Class" or anything. So I really don't mind if people like him now, because I never really knew of him at the beginning of his career either. I didn't like Nathan until he was in CSI. I didn't know how versatile of an actor he was because I've never seen him in anything else. Plus I think he improved as an actor anyways. I still don't see how he is attractive. Oh well. *shrugs*

schillingklaus

[48]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12

Nathan Kress had been chosen as Fredward Benson upon his anonymous guest role in Drake & Josh.

He was originally named Toplin and scheduled to hit perversely on Megan Parker.

The scenes got deleted and made the starting point of iCarly.

Mary Sues are a good thing, only vilified by enviars. They are the only thing making Nickelodeon shows worthy of watching, besides a bunch of guest roles.

Edited on 04/18/2011 11:38pm

teenj12

[49]Apr 19, 2011

chicamusica12 wrote:
    The one thing is seriously dislike about Dan, is that he always makes this one Karma Houdini. No matter what this person pulls, insults pranks beatings, they always come out smelling like a rose. It seriously bugs me. Also, are all of the beatings and violence really funny? After a while, I kinda want someone to slap Sam and Megan and let them know that is not OK. Lastly, Dan has a habit of creating Sues, (Carly, Zoey). Tori isn't really one, as she does screw up and gets called out on it. Carly is slightly shifting away from it. Sam is a Jerk Sue, with all her antics being handwaved as being "Sam." HE also has way too much fun messing with the shippers. Really, it gets irritating at times. It's not even that funny. (Unlike Bryke who made the Kataang vs. Zutara war absolutely hilarious during a Comic Con video XD) And lastly, stop using the laugh track so much. Seriously. Other than that, you're doing great!

LMFAO!!! I kinda agree just a bit.

@Schilling: Omg stfu.

hurr05

[50]Apr 19, 2011

teenj12 wrote:

chicamusica12 wrote:
    The one thing is seriously dislike about Dan, is that he always makes this one Karma Houdini. No matter what this person pulls, insults pranks beatings, they always come out smelling like a rose. It seriously bugs me. Also, are all of the beatings and violence really funny? After a while, I kinda want someone to slap Sam and Megan and let them know that is not OK. Lastly, Dan has a habit of creating Sues, (Carly, Zoey). Tori isn't really one, as she does screw up and gets called out on it. Carly is slightly shifting away from it. Sam is a Jerk Sue, with all her antics being handwaved as being "Sam." HE also has way too much fun messing with the shippers. Really, it gets irritating at times. It's not even that funny. (Unlike Bryke who made the Kataang vs. Zutara war absolutely hilarious during a Comic Con video XD) And lastly, stop using the laugh track so much. Seriously. Other than that, you're doing great!

LMFAO!!! I kinda agree just a bit.

@Schilling: Omg stfu.

ikr? sues aren't a good thing. there is NO ONE ON THIS EARTH who never does anything wrong or never gets called out. and the laugh track??? AHHH I JUST WANNA BASH MY TV IN SOMETIMES!! (except on the parts where i'm laughing along with the track ) but seriously, he plays it after like every line. legit.

chicamusica12

[51]Apr 19, 2011
    schillingklaus wrote:

Nathan Kress had been chosen as Fredward Benson upon his anonymous guest role in Drake & Josh.

He was originally named Toplin and scheduled to hit perversely on Megan Parker.

The scenes got deleted and made the starting point of iCarly.

Mary Sues are a good thing, only vilified by enviars. They are the only thing making Nickelodeon shows worthy of watching, besides a bunch of guest roles.

...OK, this you're gonna have to explain to me. I mean there is a reason Mary Sue is considered a derogatory term.

teenj12

[52]Apr 19, 2011
    @Chica and Hurr: You guys don't know schilling, so you may be confused. He has a twisted logic way of thinking and frankly, he's a troll.

hurr05

[53]Apr 19, 2011

teenj12 wrote:
    @Chica and Hurr: You guys don't know schilling, so you may be confused. He has a twisted logic way of thinking and frankly, he's a troll.
    lmfao you made him sound so wrong

teenj12

[55]Apr 19, 2011
    schillingklaus wrote:

Mary Sue is only cconsidered a derogatory term by hylics.

Those who refuse to promote Mary Sues justify imperfection.

Thus they are slaves of the demiurge.

Teenj inly spreads lies, like all those who deny the total seriosity of my statements.

Oh I know your serious, but your a troll the same time.

hurr05

[56]Apr 19, 2011

schillingklaus wrote:

Teenj inly spreads lies, like all those who deny the total seriosity of my statements.

you sound like such a creepy, awkward, and insane person. smh.

pscf3

[57]Apr 19, 2011
    IKR. Thank you. LOL jk, jk.

Welcome back! (Stay this time.)

schillingklaus wrote:

teenj12

[58]Apr 19, 2011

Your being sarcastic right?

pscf3 wrote:
    IKR. Thank you. LOL jk, jk. Welcome back! (Stay this time.)
    schillingklaus wrote:

pscf3

[59]Apr 19, 2011
    Not really, he kinda fun to play around with. (don't take that pervertedly.)

teenj12 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    schillingklaus wrote:

teenj12

[60]Apr 19, 2011
    I don't think so..
    pscf3 wrote:
    Not really, he kinda fun to play around with. (don't take that pervertedly.)

teenj12 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    schillingklaus wrote: