We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Dan Schneider Discussion

Aprilshakira

[21]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 10

Uhmm.. okay, listen.

Ilove Dan. He seems like a nice guy and he's a pretty good writer too. I look up to him and I would love working with him someday. But personally I think he's better writing for teenagers/adults. (In other words, not Nickelodeon.) I think What I Like About You is SO funny, especially when he was writing for it mainly. Althougha great writer, many of his shows are a hit or miss. I think if he had more freedom (AKA writing for Fox, or ABC Family or something) then he would shine more.

I also hate how I've loved Dan since Drake & Josh yet now this year because of iSYL everyone loves him. Same with Betty White, I've loved her since the Golden Girls and now everybody loves her because of SNL. Oh and same with Nathan Kress, everyone is freaking out over how 'hot' he is because of his new haircut when I've liked him for like.. 2 years.

Oh and also I think Dan is a little bit creepy on Twitter to the teenage girls he works with. He always posts their personal pictures on his twitter and talks to them and adds creepy winky faces. Like this: .. I wonder what his wife thinks. Anyone else notice that? The reason he doesn't talk to Jenette on Twitter much is probably because she won't take his creepy crap. It bothers me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeddieBerserker

[22]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 2

Aprilshakira wrote:

Oh and also I think Dan is a little bit creepy on Twitter to the teenage girls he works with. He always posts their personal pictures on his twitter and talks to them and adds creepy winky faces. Like this: .. I wonder what his wife thinks. Anyone else notice that? The reason he doesn't talk to Jenette on Twitter much is probably because she won't take his creepy crap. It bothers me.

Don't you think you're overreacting? I tweet winky faces all the time, it doesn't mean I'm flirting. Just because Dan makes kid shows and has good relationships with his actors doesn't make him a pedo.

Edited on 07/26/2010 1:37pm

jegolas1973

[23]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 22

Dan is an accomplished actor himself. One of his most recognizable roles is that of Dennis Blunden on the classic TV show Head of the Class.

Edited on 07/28/2010 8:04am

marcdragicevic

[24]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 21
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Dan is an accomplished actor himself. One of his most recognizable roles is that of Dennis Blunden on the classic TV show Head of the Class.

You are absoloutely right.

marcdragicevic

[25]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 21
    Some of you may know that Dan Schneider once posted on this site, but I think it would be a great idea to try and bring him back.

This forum to me, is slowly dying. It would be great if he posted back here. To get the message across to Dan, I think people should tweet him @DanWarp and/or post on his blog. http://danwarp.blogspot.com/

How awesome would it be if Dan came back.

http://www.tv.com/users/danwarp/profile.php?tag=usermenu;profile
    At the moment, he has 21 people following him.

jegolas1973

[26]Apr 9, 2011

Yes, we need you here, Dan!

Edited on 06/20/2011 1:46pm

teenj12

[27]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 26
    I have a Twitter, I have yet to follow him though.

ruffmanfan88

[28]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 12
    Well I would follow him. He is trying to get to 100,000 foloweres by tonight

hurr05

[29]Apr 17, 2011

Dan? Dan Schneider? He's alright. I love his shows and all, but I'm a little offended by his casting. I'm African American, and i notice that he only has like one black person to serve as one of the main characters. like, come on Dan.

jegolas1973

[30]Apr 17, 2011

Are you talking about Leon Thomas from Victorious and Christopher Massey from Zoey 101? Don't forget that Dan also worked on All That and Kenan and Kel, although he did not create those shows.

Edited on 01/20/2012 7:09pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Fireofnature

[31]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 13
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Are you talking about Leon Thomas from Victorious and Christopher Massey from Zoey 101. Don't forget that Dan also worked on All That and Kenan and Kel, although he did not create those shows.

Hah, very nice response. Don't forget that Dan is also good friends with Kenan and Kel. Really if you're going to bring something so controversial up, ya have to make sure it's completely true before you do.

teenj12

[32]Apr 17, 2011

Dan's casting sucks as far as lead roles go. He writes them all the same. Zoey, Carly, and Tori, despite very minor differences, are all alike.

Edited on 04/17/2011 10:27pm

Fireofnature

[33]Apr 17, 2011
    Yeah, I agree with that. All the shows are somewhat the same

teenj12

[34]Apr 17, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Yeah, I agree with that. All the shows are somewhat the same

Don't get me started on the Victoriou - Zoey 101 comparison! .

Fireofnature

[35]Apr 18, 2011
    Haha, you can get started on that on the Victorious forum anyway, god knows that place needs people to bring it to life XD

hurr05

[36]Apr 18, 2011

Fireofnature wrote:
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Are you talking about Leon Thomas from Victorious and Christopher Massey from Zoey 101. Don't forget that Dan also worked on All That and Kenan and Kel, although he did not create those shows.

Hah, very nice response. Don't forget that Dan is also good friends with Kenan and Kel. Really if you're going to bring something so controversial up, ya have to make sure it's completely true before you do.
    oh really? well if he's such good friends with them, why doesn't he include more african americans as the leads?

Fireofnature

[37]Apr 18, 2011
    They're going to be guest starring in the whole crossover thing...-_-

And hurr, before you go on a whole racist tirade (I loathe racism in every way. Be it white against black or black against white, or mexican against whatever whatever agaisnt mexican, etc etc. Pisses me off.), consider this fact: It isn't DAN'S choice, it's the networks that do it.

Just like BET and Spike often air black only shows (which by the way, it annoys me too when there are white only shows without a black person or black only shows without a white person and the sole person of whatever gender is either crazy/stupid/not normal), there are no white people there. Whatever white person there is, they're crazy or whatever.

All television networks work this way, and if you can't see that, then it's just simply ignorance. It's not Dan. I'm afraid you just won't find that many racially equivalent television shows. Hell, even the majority of Spongebob Squarepants voice actors are white....

So don't declare racism on one person who isn't even racist at all (and people who declare racism often piss me off too, I try to stay off of such a stupid controversial issue.) Oh and gee, while we're at this whole racism thing, maybe, just maybe Dan is a *GASP* HOMOPHOBE!!!! Think about it! There are NO gay/lesbian people on any of his shows! OMG DAN'S A HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!! Fire him, get rid of him, sue him, someone do SOMETHING! He's such a blatant, flaming homophobic man!!!

Seriously.

Do you not see how stupid it sounds to judge like that? Or maybe it's just me, but I'm sure that there are a few who would probably agree...just no one probably wants to bother with such a stupid point with no base, no foundation at all. Oh wait! Maybe Dan's a pedo because all his shows have underage people with minimal to no focus on parents!!! LE GASP!!!! Dan's a PEDOPHILE!!!! Oh my god call the networks, have him removed!!!!

Or maybe he's an antichrist because he never uses religion in his shows!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH

People who do nothing but look for stuff like that, nitpick and complain when there's no reason to...are irritating, at least in my eyes. In my opinion, they need to focus on other things.

So just...give it up....I'm done with my tirade now. If you decide to call me "racist" because of this, allow me to gather up all my friends of the opposite races (And that's a lot), and we'll meet up over coffee or something. So don't go there. And if Dan were racist, then he wouldn't have included ANY african americans in his shows. The fact that there have been so many (Be it guest appearances, regulars, all the way to main stars), just goes to show you, it isn't Dan.

hurr05

[38]Apr 18, 2011

hey, i didn't ask you to go into a whole novel about racism. i'm not trying to be racist. heck, i've got TONS of white friends! it's just that it seems a little unrealistic at times. and i'm not just talking about black people. include an indian kid here and there. but if it's the media's choice, there's nothing anyone can do. so whatever. no need to get all angry here.

Fireofnature

[39]Apr 18, 2011
    Meh, touch subject *shrug*. Either way, it's rarely ever the director/proucer's choice, most often it's the network. Some of the bigger networks out there, it can be the director's choice, it might not.

hurr05

[40]Apr 18, 2011

well, whatever. oh, and i'm NOT stupid for stating my opinion. let me just make that clear right now. now let's not fight over this anymore. all i was doing was questioning the casting. that's it.