We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

BrookeParker

[6681]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 12

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Laughing

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[6682]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 12

Of course, I meant to put it here before. Wink

MusicAddictBabe

[6683]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 18
    Speaking of which, does anyone wanna hear my Valentine's Day poem I made on Facebook yesterday? I came with it on a whim.

teenj12

[6684]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 26
    Happy (Late) Valentine's Day! Yesterday was good. Had so much chocolates and candy. Then my mom ordered pizza. So yea, nice Valentine's. @Mab: Sure! Lay it on us!

MusicAddictBabe

[6685]Feb 18, 2013

I had a pretty good one too. It was actually a lot like those cliche Forever Alone sort of Valentine's Day things, though lol. My dad bought me flowers and my mom got me candy and strawberry Crush (in a glass bottle, which was cool). The cliched part was that my parents ended up going to visit my sister and I spent the night having a nice Easy Mac V-Day dinner while watching Youtube videos. It was the life!

Ok, here it is:

You know what person I love the most?
    You 'cause you took the time to read this lengthy post.
    I don't care for this holiday, in fact, I think it's kind of lame:
    The fact that we don't say 'I love you' enough, I think is a kind of shame.

Valentine's Day isn't just for couples,
    It's for anyone who cares.
    Just don't go too overboard with gifts
    Like tablets or MP3 players....

I'm glad you've made it this far;
    I promise I'm almost done.
    I'm not a poem-tastic person,
    So, this may not be much fun.

No matter who you are,
    All for love and love for all!
    And now I sound like a hippie
    Posting this on my wall.

Friend, classmate, family member,
    I thank you so much for caring.
    For taking the time to read this status,
    'Cause you enjoy what I am sharing.

So, now, go out there and get
    Some chocolates and a flower.
    Just take my advice and eat the chocolates soon,
    'Cause in a few months they may go "sour".

*heart* Happy Valentine's Day! *heart*

(I am so not a poet, and quite frankly, I don't care a lot for reading it. But I felt that it was necessary, it being Valentine's Day and all And every line, I had ideas of what to write, but it took me a few minutes sometimes to figure out what how to make it rhyme and flow together. Needless to say, it was fun. I don't mind writing poems when it's something like this and not professional lol.)

EDIT: Sorry. I forgot that this site reads html tags and it misread the heart symbols I had in there.

Edited on 02/18/2013 10:30am

teenj12

[6686]Feb 18, 2013

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I had a pretty good one too. It was actually a lot like those cliche Forever Alone sort of Valentine's Day things, though lol. My dad bought me flowers and my mom got me candy and strawberry Crush (in a glass bottle, which was cool). The cliched part was that my parents ended up going to visit my sister and I spent the night having a nice Easy Mac V-Day dinner while watching Youtube videos. It was the life!

Ok, here it is:

You know what person I love the most?
    You 'cause you took the time to read this lengthy post.
    I don't care for this holiday, in fact, I think it's kind of lame:
    The fact that we don't say 'I love you' enough, I think is a kind of shame.

Valentine's Day isn't just for couples,
    It's for anyone who cares.
    Just don't go too overboard with gifts
    Like tablets or MP3 players....

I'm glad you've made it this far;
    I promise I'm almost done.
    I'm not a poem-tastic person,
    So, this may not be much fun.

No matter who you are,
    All for love and love for all!
    And now I sound like a hippie
    Posting this on my wall.

Friend, classmate, family member,
    I thank you so much for caring.
    For taking the time to read this status,
    'Cause you enjoy what I am sharing.

So, now, go out there and get
    Some chocolates and a flower.
    Just take my advice and eat the chocolates soon,
    'Cause in a few months they may go "sour".

*heart* Happy Valentine's Day! *heart*

(I am so not a poet, and quite frankly, I don't care a lot for reading it. But I felt that it was necessary, it being Valentine's Day and all And every line, I had ideas of what to write, but it took me a few minutes sometimes to figure out what how to make it rhyme and flow together. Needless to say, it was fun. I don't mind writing poems when it's something like this and not professional lol.)

EDIT: Sorry. I forgot that this site reads html tags and it misread the heart symbols I had in there.

That was really good MAB . I think you did a good job making the rhymes flow. My favorite part was the third paragraph.

Oh and Happy President's Day everyone .

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Edited on 02/18/2013 4:36pm

MusicAddictBabe

[6687]Feb 19, 2013
    haha Thanks ^^

Happy belated President's Day

I don't think there's another holiday yet (not American anyway). So, I think I'm caught up for now, even if everytime I posted was a day after the fact

marcdragicevic

[6688]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 21
    Can't believe how hot it's been this summer, a few records broken.

MusicAddictBabe

[6689]Mar 18, 2013
    You're so lucky. Incidentally, it just started snowing here.

So...what's everyone's take on the new profile page layout?

teenj12

[6690]Mar 19, 2013
    @Marc: Its summer already for you? Lucky.

@MAB: Meh, the profile changes are so so. Some parts are good and the rest just terrible (Being like Twitter by using follow/follow, taking away emblems, taking away the level bar, etc). Overall, nothing was really wrong with the way profiles used to look, especially blogs.

MusicAddictBabe

[6691]Mar 21, 2013
    I agree. There's only one problem I have with these changes - they would've been more useful back in 2005. Let me clarify a little. When I first joined (back in 2005), your profile page was way more of a thing than it is now. Up until, I'd say, about 2008 or 2009 or so, blogs were such a big part of your profile. When you became friends with people and added a new blog, your friends would read and comment on them. I always loved that because it seemed like a really good way to communicate with the friends you made here (aside from PM's), which is kind of a lost aspect now. You could even ask questions about some random stuff (like if someone could make you a custom banner/avatar or for some random advice) since it was very likely your friends would see the update and read it. Another big thing at the time was custom banners. Because people would go onto your page more often at the time, there was a real reason to have your own banner.

I'm not saying these changes are bad - in fact, I think it's a good "change of pace" since they've been practically the same for a while now. But it's kind of...eh...in my opinion. The one thing I do like, though, is the fact that you can do more just by going to your profile now (like being able to message someone). In that respect, I'm glad they're kind of putting your profile back to decent use.

And I know I can't speak for everyone since some people use their profiles more frequently than others. But for the most part, I usually just log on, go to the Forums page where I have the iCarly forum favorited, and come on here to check for new messages. The only time I go onto my profile is to change something.

Btw, I think I should also add on that I do realize we've had the ability to post blogs up until, like, last year or whenever it was. It was just a way bigger thing years ago. Should they bring them back? Idk. I mean, it didn't hurt to have them there if you really wanted to post something, but I can see why they're gone now. I mean, I even remember checking every once in a while for my friends' blog posts and the times between each post (meaning the last time one person posted versus the time another one did) gradually became further and further apart until I would look and it was, like, a year or so since somebody last posted.

Oh, yeah. And I found it kind of surprising that they took away the emblems. I kinda liked those. It was sort of like the site's way of telling others how you were as far as the types of shows you liked most and how much you posted and whatnot.

teenj12

[6692]Mar 22, 2013

Meh, despite the decrease in activity in blogs in the latter years, it was still apart of what made TV.com...TV.com. It was a way to maintain friends here while not posting on the forums. You made a good point about PM's being a lost aspect. I never really used PM's a lot. Only when I'm PM'd from someone else.

Getting back to blogs, a lot of ppl rioted when blogs were removed. I actually know a group of users who left TV.com because of it and started their own site. Overall, a lot of profile changes have really gotten on my nerves, because it's not like anything needed fixing in the first place. I mean, yea it's fine if they want to spruce them up, but when they start taking away features that have really defined this site and made it stand out from other site (Blogs, emblems), that's when people will get mad.

Edited on 03/22/2013 3:15pm

MusicAddictBabe

[6693]Mar 26, 2013
    So true. I rarely ever PMed anyone unless they PMed me first. A lot of times I would get messaged by some dude who wanted me to post on some random iCarly threads. Don't know why. But it was rather annoying. I think at one point I was told that if I didn't respond to the given thread, he/she would keep messaging me. The only person (recently) that I've messaged back and forth with is Saylavee.

I still miss blogs. It was a good way to either talk or let off steam about something that your friends on Facebook would most likely ignore...well...at least in my case anyway lol.

Good point about blogs and emblems making this site different. I'm getting kind of irritated with every site trying to look similar to networking sites. I don't understand why. And I feel like the changes on this site fall into the category of "If it's not broken, don't fix it." Seriously. I hardly ever use any of the things they've updated.

MusicAddictBabe

[6694]Mar 31, 2013
    Can't believe I'm about to type this but...

HOPPY Easter, everybody!

xD

teenj12

[6695]Mar 31, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Can't believe I'm about to type this but...

HOPPY Easter, everybody!

xD
    Lmao . That's funny .

HOPPY Easter guys .

MusicAddictBabe

[6696]Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, I just have to say that this new avatar uploading process thing is being a pain. I tried changing my icon, like, 5 times last night. Here is my random list of attempts at trying to get it just right:

First Attempt - Just realized the process changed after I spent some time cropping and getting the picture just right on Photobucket. (Note: I'm used to editing my avatars over on Photobucket, then, transferring them over to here.)

Second Attempt - Uploaded the picture. Went to crop it - sort of irritated that you can't crop it any smaller than it lets you. After I did crop it, it didn't look like it was cropped enough. On top of that, I didn't crop it in the right spot. So, I tried to fix it....

Third Attempt - Tried to reupload the image to fix it. It wouldn't let me. I'm guessing this is because I already uploaded the picture before. But if that's the case, why wouldn't it let me go back and try to fix it?

Fourth Attempt - Uploaded another picture so that I could reupload the previous one to do what I had been trying to do for the past two attempts.

Fifth Attempt - Tried to reupload the previous picture. It said the upload was successful, but the picture-cropping thing didn't come up, nor did my avatar change at all. So, I left it the way it was, saved everything, and left the site.

Result: I want to note that by the time I left this site, my avatar was a picture of Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog...now, look at my avatar....

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or I missed?

The good thing is that at least it's this avatar and the site didn't, like, roll me back to some previous one I used before. Youtube did that to me the other day when I switched over to Google Plus. -_- Darn you, Youtube/Google Plus.

teenj12

[6697]Apr 22, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Ok, I just have to say that this new avatar uploading process thing is being a pain. I tried changing my icon, like, 5 times last night. Here is my random list of attempts at trying to get it just right:

First Attempt - Just realized the process changed after I spent some time cropping and getting the picture just right on Photobucket. (Note: I'm used to editing my avatars over on Photobucket, then, transferring them over to here.)

Second Attempt - Uploaded the picture. Went to crop it - sort of irritated that you can't crop it any smaller than it lets you. After I did crop it, it didn't look like it was cropped enough. On top of that, I didn't crop it in the right spot. So, I tried to fix it....

Third Attempt - Tried to reupload the image to fix it. It wouldn't let me. I'm guessing this is because I already uploaded the picture before. But if that's the case, why wouldn't it let me go back and try to fix it?

Fourth Attempt - Uploaded another picture so that I could reupload the previous one to do what I had been trying to do for the past two attempts.

Fifth Attempt - Tried to reupload the previous picture. It said the upload was successful, but the picture-cropping thing didn't come up, nor did my avatar change at all. So, I left it the way it was, saved everything, and left the site.

Result: I want to note that by the time I left this site, my avatar was a picture of Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog...now, look at my avatar....

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or I missed?

The good thing is that at least it's this avatar and the site didn't, like, roll me back to some previous one I used before. Youtube did that to me the other day when I switched over to Google Plus. -_- Darn you, Youtube/Google Plus.
    Oh wow, sorry you had to go through all that trouble :/ . Not sure what you have to do to get it right, since I don't really mess with the avatar uploading stuff anymore (Although my current avatar is a bit dated; maybe I will change it one of these days...).

MusicAddictBabe

[6698]Apr 28, 2013
    ^ Thanks for the concern

But I think I figured out the problem. Seems tv.com isn't completely done with their profile changes yet. I'm fine with this as long as this is a problem that they are planning on fixing soon. At the same time, though, it makes me sort of wonder why this hasn't really been a priority over other "improvements" on the site (like their dumb, continuous Facebook connection prodding) since, by the looks of things, user profiles have been the talk of the site...for, like, 6 months!

So, from what I understand, we CAN change our pictures, BUT it won't take effect on the boards (funny, though, my picture on my profile still isn't the one I saved last...it's the one I had first uploaded and had problems with). Also, you can't change your signatures yet. I didn't even realize that until just now.

teenj12

[6699]May 10, 2013
    My birthday is tomorrow !!!

MusicAddictBabe

[6700]May 16, 2013
    Oh, wow. Happy belated birthday!