We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iPsycho a little inappropriate?

jako123456789

[1]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 4

The fight scene at the end was kind-of inappropriate because the show is the most popular show for 2-11 year olds and 2 year olds watching that fight scene is not a good idea. Who agrees with me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frontman19

[2]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 14

I don't, but maybe that's because I grew up in a different generation then them, I thought the fight scene was perfectly fine for kids, I know I wouldn't have been affected adversely if I was that young and watching iCarly. Plus I think Dan has started aiming this show more at teens anyway, 13-19 is a huge portion of their audience too.

futuramarama

[3]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 37
    i saw no problem with the fight scene at all

NatalieTV100

[4]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 10

I didn't really see anything wrong witht the fight scene until I heard people complaining about it. I didn't really expect the fight to be that long, but that all I really thought.

pixarprincess

[5]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 13

Honestly, I haven't seen a fight like that on television since "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", between Maddie and London, and eventually, Mr. Moseby.(Don't ask.) And that was on a DISNEY show. I don't think anyone complained about that.

Wait- did they?

arnoldmcguire

[6]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Nora kissing Trina (of Victorious) in one scene.

marcdragicevic

[7]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 21
    arnoldmcguire wrote:

It wasn't an actual kiss though. That 'type of kiss' happens everywhere, between girls.

1MMfan

[8]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 16

I was expecting people to say things like this, and actually it's not that bad. I mean maybe the worst was that it was a boy and a girl. however, compared to most TV fights, it wasn't anything to worry about.

And Nora didn't kiss her lips. She kissed her the way girls kiss their friends nowadays

Edited on 06/08/2010 4:39am

futuramarama

[9]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 37

marcdragicevic wrote:
    arnoldmcguire wrote:
    It wasn't an actual kiss though. That 'type of kiss' happens everywhere, between girls.

I've never seen it... and the girl looked shocked, wouldn't they both be expecting something?

hardcorefakes

[10]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 7

the comments on this thread just show how laid back people are in this generation and how ignorant to the fact that how little things even on shows can affect an person.

1MMfan

[11]Jun 9, 2010

hardcorefakes wrote:

the comments on this thread just show how laid back people are in this generation and how ignorant to the fact that how little things even on shows can affect an person.

OK honestly, it's just a show, it's not like it's really going to affect kids that are smart enough to know not to believe everything on TV, and if a toddle watches it I higly doubt they'll even understand enough to try. My 5 year old sister who often copies things on TV even knew not to copy the fight.

vanillacupcakes

[12]Jun 9, 2010

I just don't think 2 year olds should be watching any episodes of iCarly in general. It's seems more of a tween show to me. Shouldn't they be watching Nick Jr? I know "it's just a show", but when I was younger, Itried to copy Megan Parkerbecause I thought she was cool. So little kids could possibly be influenced by it. The fight scene to me seemed no different than the end of iMake Sam Girlier.

@pixar: I know what you're talking about!I thought it seemed less violent than this one, because the camera would often go off and not show them physically hurting each other too much. Also, in that episode they realizedit was stupid to fight, whereas in iPsychoGibby fighting Nora was praised. So really young kids could think that you could be a hero forhurting people who are annoying.

I think thatif it is such an issuevery young kids shouldn't be watching iCarly in the first place. Simple as that, it isn't targeted for 2 year olds.

krisiten

[13]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 5
    hardcorefakes wrote:

no offense, but you take shows too seriously...calm down, its just a show. If it was a major threat to the well being of America, I'm sure it would have been taken care of by now.

hardcorefakes

[14]Jun 11, 2010
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

no offense, but you take shows too seriously...calm down, its just a show. If it was a major threat to the well being of America, I'm sure it would have been taken care of by now.
    jeez im not on a physcotic rampage woman! there are lots of things that endanger the well being of america. teenagers driving,abortion,gays....

marcdragicevic

[15]Jun 11, 2010
    How do you 'gay's' endanger the well-being of America?

frontman19

[16]Jun 11, 2010

Gays? and endanger to America? Really? Abortion too? How conservative are you?

marcdragicevic

[17]Jun 11, 2010

frontman19 wrote:

Gays? and endanger to America? Really? Abortion too? How conservative are you?

Whom are you 'directing' that message to?

Edited on 06/11/2010 9:15am

frontman19

[18]Jun 11, 2010

to hardcorefakes, sorry.

krisiten

[19]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 5

hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

jeez im not on a physcotic rampage woman! there are lots of things that endanger the well being of america. teenagers driving,abortion,gays....

Thats just gross. I think people like you that find something wrong with gay people are the problems in america. I'm straight, but I'm always honoring the gay people that come out and openly admit it. They aren't afraid of what might happen to them. More power to the gays! Well, I happen to think its ridiculous for you to get this upset over a tv show.

Obviously theres not a major problem with how icarly is run. Like i said again, if icarly was such a poison to the minds of american children, it would have either A) been taken off the air, or B) Been modified so that its not as risque. calm down...

and actually, I was originally "if-y" about how Gibby would fight nora, cause I don't think that boys should ever hit girls, but it ended up being really funny and sorta epic.

Edited on 06/11/2010 11:15am

hardcorefakes

[20]Jun 11, 2010

if some of you take the time to actually read the fricking BIBLE you would know what i mean. jeez