We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iPsycho a little inappropriate?

saylavee

[41]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 18

About what Mab (i'm still shortening your name, hope you dont mind, im just to lazy) said about how kids are different then we were. OMG my cousins was telling me this story about how her daughter's friend from school is so spoiled. She is SIX years old, has a COACH bag, iPod touch, a cell phone, this very expensive bike and 2 PAIRS OF UGGS!!! WTF? Those things didnt even exist when we were little (besides the bag). Then there was this other part that was HILARIOUS but i cant really say what it was over the internets so if you wana know, feel free to PM me.

But hey, its the same thing for each generation: "you guys are so spoiled compared to us."

Well, lets go to some stereotypical grandpa monologue talking about OUR generation (not this current one, the now ages 12-20ish one)

"You kids and your Pok-a-mans and your Gamestations!! Back when i was your age, there was this thing called the Great Depression! [not making fun of the depression and stuff btw] All we had to enjoy ourselves was a stick and a can!...and sometimes Chalk and a Ball! and if we were lucky, we'd get to ride a Horse! not these crazy Cady-lacs and Mustang convertibles! I got to ride a REAL MUSTANG! Lemme tells ya, it was fast. Oh by the way, can you get me some apple juice? funny story about apples i have from the 1960s back when your mommy was a little girl...(blah blah blah)"

Though, i did buy Pokemon SoulSilver to have some fun nostalgia.

Also, bout the kiss thing. Well, when i had a family reunion people from Italy i NEVER met before came there, they all greated me with kisses on the cheeks. It depends on what you think is right. Lol not the best example is it? As long as it wasnt on the lips, no body should complain. And if it was, they still shouldnt complain.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[42]Jun 21, 2010
    lol I don't mind you shortening my name (btw, I love your icon haha). My sister told me a story that when she was a sub (not that long ago) and she was subbing long-term for this kindergarten class, she went in one morning and the kids were singing "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. She was shocked and tried to get them to sing a different song (like When Your Ears Hang Low or something) that was a bit more appropriate. And when one of my friends' sister was in kindergarten (but not the same class/school as before), she walked home with us and was telling us this story about how this boy was talking to her friend in class and told her some inappropriate things...but, like you said, I won't go there on here lol.

It's true. Course some stuff the generation below us today learned today was from the parents who were children of the yesteryears (lol), or the 60's and stuff. And sometimes not even that. Some parents are younger and...you know how that goes. My friend (who I mentioned before) has a mom that we always said acted like a roommate more than a parent. They argued constantly, she always left, and stuff like that. And her sister knows a lot of things kids her age shouldn't. She's, like, 8 or something, idk. Oh, and my cousin who's around my age used to have to babysit for our other cousin (who's in her 20's, I think). Her kids are horrible. At that time, the girl was about 8 and, like before, knew too much stuff and dressed in trampish clothes sometimes and wore a ton of make-up. The son was just bad like any other boy. And the other kid was just a baby at the time. Anyway, when my cousin babysat, she only had to from the time she got home from school til about 6, I think. Needless to say, they never got back home til around midnight because they'd go out partying like everynite. And, for all that, my cousin only got a measley(sp?) $5 every day she worked there.

lol I love the Mustang part, btw ;D!

Once in awhile, I'll watch Pokemon online...the original episodes, that is. I'm sorry. I don't really like the new characters. My fave was always Misty and even after she left, I still liked Brock. Not this other girl or that one kid. And I miss hearing the typical Pokemon being called (like, "Pidgeoto, go!" and "Charazaard, I choose you!") .

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just thinking "wow" with the girl-kissing-girl-lip-to-lip thing. In some other countries, it's typical (man, I keep using that word) greeting (common courtesy) to kiss people on the cheeks. In America, people would be freaked out by that, but I think it'd be kinda cool...I'd feel loved lol. Just like in Mexico (I think) where they're used to being really close to each other on buses or just by standing next to each other. In the US, it's all about arm's lenght.

saylavee

[43]Jun 21, 2010
    Yay! My icon is loved! :3

Only 5$ a day I get payed 5 and hour if i babysit for my cousins lol. Usually it ends up at 3 hours so...lol.

Bout their clothes. Omg i was at the mall the other day and passed by Limited Too and Justice, their clothes were styled the same way as my friend's from HOLLISTER! I miss Misty

Well, not always arm's length, for ex, when its raining and you are all trying to fit under the glass thing that is over the bench at the bus stop.

pixarprincess

[44]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 13

As for the girl kissing, Nora IS socially awkward. Maybe she doesn't know that you probably need to feel extra close to someone in order to do that. Of course it could have something to do with religion/culture/something. Like in "Toy Story 3" (Are you guys getting sick of my mentioning yet?) After Buzz is reset into Spanish mode (giggles) Woody manages to convince him that he is his, "Amigo". And then Buzz comes up and kisses him on the cheek. I think I read somewhere that that's a traditional greeting thing somewhere in Spain. So yeah.

LovelyLandy

[45]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 3

Yeah actually I agree. The fight scene wasn't my concern, I thought it was also innappropriate that the "Nora" girl had kissed Daniella Monet's character instead of the boy next to her. I didn't like that, but the fight scene was crazy expecially because Gibby wiped his lip and noticed he was bleeding. Also, I know the girl was psycho but Gibby hitting a girl? I'm glad someone shares my same concern though. When it comes to fight scenes, they shouldn't be too violent when it comes to kid channels like Nickelodeon.

Boolia

[46]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 23
    Well, Carly and the gang are teenagers. I think this show is more geared toward preteens and teens then kids;

MusicAddictBabe

[47]Jun 25, 2010
    Saylavee - lol. That's pretty good. I know. It's seriously sickening. The clothes some kids where...well, I know their future jobs....jk. Misty was definitely my fave. Plus, when you're with your best friends, arms length means nothing lol. Girlfriends are usually all over each other...it's a touchy-feely kinda relationship lol.

Have I ever mentioned how much I miss Teenick or Snick? See, this is the kind of show that would be shown then. Like, kids are going to watch shows like iCarly that do have adult humor and scenes like that because really, what kid pays close attention to the rating or anything like that. They're gonna watch it cuz IT'S ON NICK...a kid's channel (well, you know what I mean). Just like Cartoon Network with CN Real in a way...ok maybe not...but I do think that's a dumb idea (not that the shows are bad or anything but, come on, seriously, how much of an oxymoron is Cartoon Network Real...they coulda been on any other network). Ok, more like Toonami and Adult Swim and stuff like that. Sure, Toonami isn't on anymore (or is it, cuz I haven't watched lately) but when it was, they played certain shows for that and on Adult Swim (and Nick @ Nite) where they play more adult shows (only on N@N they play some family shows too...to an extent).

Oh, and I also miss things like the Friday night thing that they had where they would show new cartoon episodes...Nick doesn't even have that many cartoons anymore . CN shows new episodes sparatically sometimes and on random days (actually, on Monday a lot of the time), but no longer Fridays...I miss Cartoon Fridays too. Sorry, I always get off on a tangent of some sort :[.

karategurl96

[48]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 2

hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

the comments on this thread just show how laid back people are in this generation and how ignorant to the fact that how little things even on shows can affect an person.

no offense, but you take shows too seriously...calm down, its just a show. If it was a major threat to the well being of America, I'm sure it would have been taken care of by now.
    jeez im not on a physcotic rampage woman! there are lots of things that endanger the well being of america. teenagers driving,abortion,gays....

Teenagers driving is a huge threat to America, yes, because it actually endangers lives, because a lot of teenagers neglect safety when they drive, and hurt themselves and others on the road.

Abortion is completely different-- it's actually a good thing for certain people in certain situations. Unwanted children are more likely to be abused, be born into poverty, and eventually end up in jail. No child should be had because of their mother needing to 'take responsibility' and 'learn a lesson', that's not the point of having a child.

And gays? Well, I am straight, and I honestly couldn't care less what other people do behind closed doors. You may not agree with the beliefs of gay people but that doesn't mean they're posing a direct threat to you or anyone else-- unless the gay person happens to be a serial killer, but that's totally a different situation.

And anyway, about what this topic originally started out with-- I don't think the fight scene in iPsycho was inappropriate at all. It's nothing that kids haven't seen already, you know?

MusicAddictBabe

[49]Jun 28, 2010
    Hey, let's not generalize here. First of all, we're all teens at one point or another. I don't drive that poorly . I'm a good driver. Not that I'm not agreeing that a lot of teenagers neglect safety while driving but I don't wanna be included in the mix lol.

Let's not get on a debate about abortion and gays. That's a bit sensitive for some people.

But it's all in the generation. Obviously, elders are gonna think that their kids' time periods were worse than theirs (around the 60s to 70s) because there was no technology during there times and did stuff by hand. Our parents, older adults, are gonna think their generation was better than ours or young adults because there were stricter rules and the economy wasn't bad and stuff like that. We're gonna think as kids who grew up in the late 80s to 90s that ours is better than kids growing up in this millenium; we had "better" shows as far as appropriate cartoons go (which is highly opinionated), we had toys to play with instead of technology, and since our parents grew up in the 60s, some of us are smarter in the way we do things...sometimes. And we all have one thing in common (well maybe not our grandparents as much)...better music lol. Yes, IMO.

K. Done with this little rant because it's gonna start to get more intense...I can already feel it. :[

Yeah, wow, we really strayed off-topic lolz.

stui8

[50]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 30

i see nothing wrong with it! actually i'm glad they decided to be brave and make this episode! mushc better tahn disney!

Girlygirl24

[51]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 28
    stui8 wrote:

i see nothing wrong with it! actually i'm glad they decided to be brave and make this episode! mushc better tahn disney!

Agree Disney is getting too childish right now!

hardcorefakes

[52]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 7

omg the war between kristen and i is over kay people. Innocent

futuramarama

[53]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 37
    disney tries to hard to be more teen oriented. Take the suite life on deck breakup in paris episode, there was a scene where zack and woody are parachuting out of a plane, sharing the same parachute, and Zack makes a comment about his back being sweaty, and Woody says something about "It's not sweat." Well, GEE! What else could it be?! Oh... basically they just try to hard, and their jokes aren't as subtle (or really as funny) as iCarly's.

Girlygirl24

[54]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 28
    futuramarama wrote:
    disney tries to hard to be more teen oriented. Take the suite life on deck breakup in paris episode, there was a scene where zack and woody are parachuting out of a plane, sharing the same parachute, and Zack makes a comment about his back being sweaty, and Woody says something about "It's not sweat." Well, GEE! What else could it be?! Oh... basically they just try to hard, and their jokes aren't as subtle (or really as funny) as iCarly's.

yeah a cool thing is when ICarly does stuff like that they always have a way of making it a mystery and actually makes you think hmmmmm my opnion anyway

futuramarama

[55]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 37
    i agree, way more subtle amd overall better

AlperYlmaz

[56]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 3

ontopic, did we see blood? No.

Is somebody heavily injured? No.

So, why do u complain? This was a normal fighting scene.

marcdragicevic

[57]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 21
    AlperYlmaz wrote:

ontopic, did we see blood? No.

Is somebody heavily injured? No.

So, why do u complain? This was a normal fighting scene.

That's true, it's not like young children are going to learn these scenes anytime soon.