We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iPsycho a little inappropriate?

hardcorefakes

[21]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    frontman19 wrote:

Gays? and endanger to America? Really? Abortion too? How conservative are you?

abortion is seriously wrong. its killing people. are you that ignorant?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hardcorefakes

[22]Jun 11, 2010
    1MMfan wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:

the comments on this thread just show how laid back people are in this generation and how ignorant to the fact that how little things even on shows can affect an person.

OK honestly, it's just a show, it's not like it's really going to affect kids that are smart enough to know not to believe everything on TV, and if a toddle watches it I higly doubt they'll even understand enough to try. My 5 year old sister who often copies things on TV even knew not to copy the fight.

really because i see it happen all the time. some kids think that, since it happens on a tv show, its okay.....

hardcorefakes

[23]Jun 11, 2010
    krisiten wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

the comments on this thread just show how laid back people are in this generation and how ignorant to the fact that how little things even on shows can affect an person.

no offense, but you take shows too seriously...calm down, its just a show. If it was a major threat to the well being of America, I'm sure it would have been taken care of by now.
    jeez im not on a physcotic rampage woman! there are lots of things that endanger the well being of america. teenagers driving,abortion,gays....

Thats just gross. I think people like you that find something wrong with gay people are the problems in america. I'm straight, but I'm always honoring the gay people that come out and openly admit it. They aren't afraid of what might happen to them. More power to the gays! Well, I happen to think its ridiculous for you to get this upset over a tv show.

Obviously theres not a major problem with how icarly is run. Like i said again, if icarly was such a poison to the minds of american children, it would have either A) been taken off the air, or B) Been modified so that its not as risque. calm down...

and actually, I was originally "if-y" about how Gibby would fight nora, cause I don't think that boys should ever hit girls, but it ended up being really funny and sorta epic.

just watch family guy and all the racist comments. then youll see how some tv shows are. yet its still on air. i like it though

vanillacupcakes

[24]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 16

This is a discussion of iCarly, not a political debate. I am very liberal, pro-choice, and supportive of bi/gay people but I am open minded to people's opinion and respect it. Let's just let everybody believe what they want to believe and leave it at that. Just calm down people.

I agree that Family Guy can be offensive sometimes(but still funny). It is still targeted towards an older audience, and adults shouldn't be so affected by it as kids. They already know the difference between right and wrong and won't imitate the people on tv. It's the little kids that watch Family Guy that concern me. They shouldn't be watching it at all.

hardcorefakes

[25]Jun 11, 2010
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

This is a discussion of iCarly, not a political debate. I am very liberal, pro-choice, and supportive of bi/gay people but I am open minded to people's opinion and respect it. Let's just let everybody believe what they want to believe and leave it at that. Just calm down people.

I agree that Family Guy can be offensive sometimes(but still funny). It is still targeted towards an older audience, and adults shouldn't be so affected by it as kids. They already know the difference between right and wrong and won't imitate the people on tv. It's the little kids that watch Family Guy that concern me. They shouldn't be watching it at all.

my brother watches it. and hes 8 0_o

frontman19

[26]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 14

hardcorefakes wrote:
    frontman19 wrote:

I respect your opinion, but abortion is not wrong, you think a woman doesn't have a right to choose whether or not she is ready for a child or not? Would you rather have a baby born in a broken home, or raised in a terrible orphanage? Would you rather the child be raised in poverty and not have as many opportunities as you or I? Let the woman wait until she's ready to have a child and the next child she has will have a much better life. Maybe the fetus was going to die at childbirth? Would you still not support an abortion, and make the woman go through all that pain just for her baby to die within minutes? Obviously you don't understand that abortions are usually performed within weeks of the pregnancy before the fetus even takes considerable form, it's like you are killing cells, which people kill every day.

And when it comes with gays, do you really take the Bible literally? I hope you don't, because all it is is stories to guide how people should live. Just because the Bible doesn't support love between two people of the same sex doesn't mean it's wrong, the Bible isn't fact, or law it's just a guide to help people live better. By taking the Bible literally you are seriously segregating people and not listening to the declaration of independence, it's in our constitution that all men are created equal, so why shouldn't we treat homosexuals like everyone else?

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but ignorant/stupid people make me angry.

Edited on 06/11/2010 1:50pm

hardcorefakes

[27]Jun 11, 2010

frontman19 wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:
    frontman19 wrote:

I respect your opinion, but abortion is not wrong, you think a woman doesn't have a right to choose whether or not she is ready for a child or not? Would you rather have a baby born in a broken home, or raised in a terrible orphanage? Would you rather the child be raised in poverty and not have as many opportunities as you or I? Let the woman wait until she's ready to have a child and the next child she has will have a much better life. Maybe the fetus was going to die at childbirth? Would you still not support an abortion, and make the woman go through all that pain just for her baby to die within minutes? Obviously you don't understand that abortions are usually performed within weeks of the pregnancy before the fetus even takes considerable form, it's like you are killing cells, which people kill every day.

And when it comes with gays, do you really take the Bible literally? I hope you don't, because all it is is stories to guide how people should live. Just because the Bible doesn't support love between two people of the same sex doesn't mean it's wrong, the Bible isn't fact, or law it's just a guide to help people live better. By taking the Bible literally you are seriously segregating people and not listening to the declaration of independence, it's in our constitution that all men are created equal, so why shouldn't we treat homosexuals like everyone else?

for the record your the ignorant/stupid person first, the bible is real and if all men were created equal (which is true), why the hell would the united states have alowed slavery? even today we have redcecks like that. and EVER HEARD OF ADOPTION?!?!!?!? just give the baby to a loving caring family DUH I belive in the bible and how is it segrating people? the bible IS fact. if you were a christian you would know that xp and you never know IF the fetus would die at child birth stupid. but woman do have the right. just because you dont belive in the bible doesnt mean everybody else doesnt (in fact most people apply it to their lives) your obvioulsy pro-abortionist which is just cruel. did you know that 11percent of our generation was destroyed because of it? sorry people like you make me angry and no offense, but are you an atheist?

Edited on 06/11/2010 2:08pm

frontman19

[28]Jun 11, 2010

hardcorefakes wrote:

frontman19 wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:
    frontman19 wrote:

for the record your the ignorant/stupid person first, the bible is real and if all men were created equal (which is true), why the hell would the united states have alowed slavery? even today we have redcecks like that. and EVER HEARD OF ADOPTION?!?!!?!? just give the baby to a loving caring family DUH I belive in the bible and how is it segrating people? the bible IS fact. if you were a christian you would know that xp and you never know IF the fetus would die at child birth stupid. but woman do have the right. just because you dont belive in the bible doesnt mean everybody else doesnt (in fact most people apply it to their lives) your obvioulsy pro-abortionist which is just cruel. did you know that 11percent of our generation was destroyed because of it? sorry people like you make me angry and no offense, but are you an atheist?

Actually I'm agnostic, and I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that people apply the bible to their lives, I do, but it doesn't mean I believe every word, and I never said that no one should believe the bible, people can believe whatever they want, but it angers me when people say gays and abortion are dangers to society, first, yes adoption is a possibility, and yes there are loving foster families that take care of their foster children but there are also a lot who mistreat them and are only in it for the money, you have to be realistic. And actually, yes the woman would know, you know doctors do these things called ultrasound to check and see if the child is developing properly, and if the doctor see's a problem, then the woman would know well before the baby is born that it will not live. I'm not pro-abortionist, there's no such thing as pro-abortionist, I'm pro-choice, who am I to deny a woman an abortion if she wants one? Everyone brings up slavery when I mention that, and it's true we did have slavery, but so did every other country in the world, and it was never outlawed in the constitution until the end of the Civil War, and also, when the Declaration of Independence was written slaves were not counted as people, but as property so they obviously were not included. Also, it's segregation because it is not giving a group of people, homosexuals, the same rights and freedoms as another group of people (heterosexuals), they are separating them into two groups, that's practically the definition of segregation.

You know what, this is pointless, I'm arguing on an iCarly forum, you have your opinion and I respect it, and I have my opinion, I just wanted to show both sides.

Edited on 06/11/2010 2:27pm

arnoldmcguire

[29]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 12
    *Ahem* um guys... please stop this thing, we're going off topic here.
    please?

hardcorefakes

[30]Jun 11, 2010
    frontman19 wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:

frontman19 wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:
    frontman19 wrote:

Actually I'm agnostic, and I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that people apply the bible to their lives, I do, but it doesn't mean I believe every word, and I never said that no one should believe the bible, people can believe whatever they want, but it angers me when people say gays and abortion are dangers to society, first, yes adoption is a possibility, and yes there are loving foster families that take care of their foster children but there are also a lot who mistreat them and are only in it for the money, you have to be realistic. And actually, yes the woman would know, you know doctors do these things called ultrasound to check and see if the child is developing properly, and if the doctor see's a problem, then the woman would know well before the baby is born that it will not live. I'm not pro-abortionist, there's no such thing as pro-abortionist, I'm pro-choice, who am I to deny a woman an abortion if she wants one? Everyone brings up slavery when I mention that, and it's true we did have slavery, but so did every other country in the world, and it was never outlawed in the constitution until the end of the Civil War, and also, when the Declaration of Independence was written slaves were not counted as people, but as property so they obviously were not included. Also, it's segregation because it is not giving a group of people, homosexuals, the same rights and freedoms as another group of people (heterosexuals), they are separating them into two groups, that's practically the definition of segregation.

You know what, this is pointless, I'm arguing on an iCarly forum, you have your opinion and I respect it, and I have my opinion, I just wanted to show both sides.

how can you say that? slaves were people. its just that people were really stupid back then. yeah i know they were considerd property, but do you think they were property? not saying you do tho. and ultra sounds are good, but not always right. doctors always say something is wrong with the baby. that happned with my teacher. they said something was wrong with her baby's head,turns out when he was born, he was fine. and pro-abortionists are people who support abortion. segregation is the seperation of races, not what sex you marry. but i respect your opinion and you respect mine's thats all what matters. now lets all pretend this stupid thing never happned and just enjoy the darn show

hardcorefakes

[31]Jun 11, 2010
    arnoldmcguire wrote:
    *Ahem* um guys... please stop this thing, we're going off topic here.
    please?
    yeah its over.

frontman19

[32]Jun 11, 2010

I agree! But I still don't think iPsycho was a little inappropriate...I think iBTH will end up being way more inappropriate when it comes out.

And for future reference segregation isn't just a separation of race or sex, it's just a general term for a group of people who are isolated because they are different from what is perceived as the norm or are perceived to be dangerous, ex: a murderer will be segregated from society by being sentenced to life in prison.

Edit: For slaves not being people. Don't blame me, blame history!

Edited on 06/11/2010 3:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

hardcorefakes

[33]Jun 11, 2010
    frontman19 wrote:

I agree! But I still don't think iPsycho was a little inappropriate...I think iBTH will end up being way more inappropriate when it comes out.

And for future reference segregation isn't just a separation of race or sex, it's just a general term for a group of people who are isolated because they are different from what is perceived as the norm or are perceived to be dangerous, ex: a murderer will be segregated from society by being sentenced to life in prison.

Edit: For slaves not being people. Don't blame me, blame history!

but slaves are people... you agree with me.. right? but yes BLAME HISTORY

frontman19

[34]Jun 11, 2010

Hahaha of course I agree that slaves are people! I wasn't stating my opinion I was stating historical fact!

Edited on 06/11/2010 3:15pm

pixarprincess

[35]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 13

I don't mean to bring back that stupid agreement from earlier but I had a few things to say.

First, as a catholic, I read the bible. I apply to as much as I can into my daily life. I know that same-sex relationships arem't exactly approved of, according to our rules, but I still don't see why we have to treat those people like aliens. God says to love one another, so how can we do that if we shut people out of our lives because of a flaw they have? And even if we can't change them, we can pray for them. That no one will turn them away. That they will be alright in the real world.

As for the slavery issue, who came up with that sort of thing anyway? Again, equality. Unfortunately, the Bible did not apply to some people (including some of you, probably so I'm probably going to get bashed just for posting my opinion) so they don't see slaves as equal. They think people have social rankings when it comes to money or skin color. Or at least, they did. Most of that is gone now, thank goodness.

Sorry, I just wanted to say that i was almost offended back there and I needed my voice to be heard. Just because I'm a goody two-shoes catholic, does not mean I shut out people who are different or not holy. I'm pretty laid back.

Anyway, I thought the ending of iPsycho was a little... edgy. That's all. And about Nora kissing that other girl, yes, she DID kiss her cheek, but it was dangerously close to her mouth. That doesn't automatically make her bi though. A lot of people at my school are very touchy with each other, but they're mostly straight. I think she was just happy about the way things turned out on her birthday, and she thought that maybe that girl would become a good friend later. So she kissed her cheek.

hardcorefakes

[36]Jun 11, 2010
    frontman19 wrote:

Hahaha of course I agree that slaves are people! I wasn't stating my opinion I was stating historical fact!

hahaha okay an unfortunate thing tho. but times have changed thank god

hardcorefakes

[37]Jun 11, 2010

pixar i respect them, i just dont agree with them. i do think it was a little inappropriate tho..

ilivelovemusic

[38]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 5
    the fight didnt bother me at all and kids nowadays are smart enough (well most) to know that fighting like THAT is wrong i was shocked about nora kissing that girl (i thought it was on the mouth) i literally said: "okaaaaay... well that's new....(in icarly)" lol and as one of you guys said not trying to bring back the fight: im pretty religous but i don't think gay people should be frowned upon i mean sure the bible says only man and woman were created no other gender and etc. but its they're choice and opinion so we should just respect each others opinion and not judge XD haha man i sound like im giving a speech about world peace lol

futuramarama

[39]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 37
    I'd get involved in the "political debate" aspect of this thread, but it's too O/T. Every time someone says "OK, we're done", it continues...

Anyways, I rewatched the fight a couple days ago. No, I do not think it was too bad for kids. I actually change my opinion on it and think it was epic(in a good way). I think if there was blood or something (there wasn't was there? I doubt it but don't remember...), then it would be too bad for kids, but I think it was fine. It was epic. Gibby and Nora duking it out. Obviously you're cheering for Gibby and wow... when he took his shirt off it was like "It's go time!" I liked that fight a lot and it is probably one of my favorite moments from the show now. But no, I don't think it is too bad for kids. Most kids should know better than to fight (from their parental figures) others, and so I don't think this will cause them too just randomly get in fights/copy everything they saw. If they do then their parents should've taught them better about violence.

MusicAddictBabe

[40]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 18
    ya gotta point there.

I wanna add my two-cents: Please take no offense to this but it's rated TV-Y7 so it'd be ages 7+ (although, you know younger kids are gonna watch anyway). I don't think it was majorly inappropriate but it may be just the fact that this show can be inappropriate sometimes. And the thing about kids being smart nowadays, I like how you said "well most", idk...judging by half the kids in our elementary school, they're evil. I remember when our favorite toys were Barbies, Pokemon/Yu-gi-o cards, and Bratz (before they made all those Bratz Babies and Kids and crap like that...and before Pokemon thought it'd be cool to add new characters and about 50-gazillion more Pokemon). Nowadays, kids like iPods, cell phones, and make-up. Hello?! What happened? Along with that, their attitudes are way different too. Aren't most kids supposed to be respectful and cute, despite those few who are stubborn - but that's how kids are. Today, they're mean and most act like little teenagers. One of the popular girls in my class has a younger sister and they look alike - they both fry their hair dying it once every two weeks, overload on makeup, it's crazy. Besides all that, my main point is that kids watch shows like Family Guy (great show, btw) when they're only about 10 if that. So, gosh darn it they better be smart enough to know what was really going on. (Oh, and another thing that goes along with the watching TV thing, they also listen to radio stations with a lot of swearing and, might I say, "suggestiveness" and why: because their parents do and let them listen too...which is why they watch all the TV-14, M, PG-13, and R shows/movies.)

No offense, and I know that was way off-topic, but that's what happens when I start of a simple sentence/paragraph that gets me ranting in my head lol. Just my viewpoint. And, yes, I agree, that "girl-kissing" thing was...shocking and very new for iCarly o.O.