We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iOMG Story Arc Discussion (#401-404)

Aprilshakira

[101]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 10

I think Carly, as detemined as she is, wouldn't be able to stand the fact of Sam/Freddie dating. She likes to win and be able to snap her fingers and have Freddie whenever she wants. So I highly doubt she'd be happy with Seddie at first.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[102]Apr 21, 2011

Aprilshakira wrote:

I think Carly, as detemined as she is, wouldn't be able to stand the fact of Sam/Freddie dating. She likes to win and be able to snap her fingers and have Freddie whenever she wants. So I highly doubt she'd be happy with Seddie at first.

she would start hitting freddie randomly, and then spencer

teenj12

[103]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

Aprilshakira wrote:

LOL, SO TRUE!

hurr05

[104]Apr 21, 2011

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Aprilshakira wrote:

LOL, SO TRUE!

carly: (slapslapslap) SPENCER!! WHY ARE SAM AND FREDDIE TOGETHER?!

spencer: ahh!! i don't know; stop hitting me!!

(freddie walks in)

freddie: hey.

carly: (slapslapslap) WHY DIDN'T YOU CHOOSE ME?????

Fireofnature

[105]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 13
    My god you guys make Carly out to be a b*tch even. Don't ANY of you give a flying F* that Carly CARES ABOUT SAM. She's not going to be a B*tch about the whole thing with Sam and Freddie, she's just not. I know :I don't usually defend Carly, but believe it or not, she actually IS a good friend. If she were upset about it, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't say anything or at least act like that, because that's how a good friend acts, they don't just go ballistic. Something like this, probably, if she WERE upset by it:

Sam: "Hey Carly, I guess you saw..."

Carly: *bored* "Yeah...So you and Freddie...'

Sam: "Yeah." Carly: *smiles sadly* "I'm really happy for you, you know. You finally found somebody."

Sam: 0_0 "Oh my god, you...do you like him too?"

Carly: "um, that's not important, really." *gets up and laughs sheepishly* "Let's think of something else for iCarly! Come on!'

Sam: *stares sadly* "No Carly it's not okay, if...if you don't want us to be-"

Carly: "Sam, no!" *places hands on Sam's shoulders and smiles* "You need this, okay? Freddie is...he's a great guy...you're lucky, you should be happy. I can find a way to deal, I'll try, okay? If it works out, if it doesn't, I'm STILL going to be your friend, I'm not going to hurt you or anything, okay?"

Sam: *smiles* "Thanks Carly." *the girls hug*
    Carly: "Okay, you want to go work on iCarly some?"

Sam: "Actually I was hoping maybe...we could go to the mall, maybe build-a-bra or something."

Carly: "Sounds good! Just...let's not talk about Freddie for a bit, okay? I...I need some time, is that okay?"

Sam: "That's fine Carly. Thank you."

Freddie: *walks in* "Hey guys, what's u-"

Carly: "We're going to build-a-bra, want to-"

Freddie: "And I'm gone." *walks out* *The girls laugh*

See, that's the way it should go, Carly shouldn't be a b*tch to Sam or Freddie about the whole thing, it would be wrong of her and just not...her, really. She's a good friend and I think she'd know how to try and suck it up and not let things bother her. It would also be a good trait for if it DIDN'T work out and she wanted to get with Freddie, she could still talk to Sam about it.....and maybe it wouldn't be awkward or bad.

vanillacupcakes

[106]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    ^Thank you. They could have easily taken out the "I just want you to be happy" line. It's there for a reason. Didn't they say they wouldn't ever let a guy come between them ever again and they would never fight over the same guy in iSaw Him First?? Cam friendship comes before any romantic couple. Carly is not going to hurt her. She may be shocked by everything, feel ashamed that she was wrong about Sam loving Brad, or a little uncomfortable with the change(your best friend loving your other best friend can't be that easy), but she's not going to be angry. The only reason she would be angry is because they kept it a secret. I don't think she'd be upset over Freddie not paying attention to her.

Carly cares about other people, and she always wishes the best for Sam. She sees what Sam could be, how happy she could be, and pushes her to get to that point. It's the reason she kept pushing Sam and Brad together. Usually Carly brings out the best in Sam. I'm not saying Carly can't have feelings for Freddie, but she can't have feelings for Freddie at the same time Sam has feelings for him. Sam being in love is a big deal for her. Carly would never, ever ruin it.

Fireofnature

[107]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 13
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^Thank you. They could have easily taken out the "I just want you to be happy" line. It's there for a reason. Didn't they say they wouldn't ever let a guy come between them ever again and they would never fight over the same guy in iSaw Him First?? Cam friendship comes before any romantic couple. Carly is not going to hurt her. She may be shocked by everything, feel ashamed that she was wrong about Sam loving Brad, or a little uncomfortable with the change(your best friend loving your other best friend can't be that easy), but she's not going to be angry. The only reason she would be angry is because they kept it a secret. I don't think she'd be upset over Freddie not paying attention to her.

Carly cares about other people, and she always wishes the best for Sam. She sees what Sam could be, how happy she could be, and pushes her to get to that point. It's the reason she kept pushing Sam and Brad together. Usually Carly brings out the best in Sam. I'm not saying Carly can't have feelings for Freddie, but she can't have feelings for Freddie at the same time Sam has feelings for him. Sam being in love is a big deal for her. Carly would never, ever ruin it.

THANK YOU, somebody who agrees with me ^_^

ilivelovemusic

[108]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    Fireofnature wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

THANK YOU, somebody who agrees with me ^_^

I really couldn't have phrased it any better. *applause* @VC: So far, I've agreed to almost everything you've said. And might I add that you've said them well, very well.

hurr05

[109]Apr 22, 2011

Fireofnature wrote:
    My god you guys make Carly out to be a b*tch even. Don't ANY of you give a flying F* that Carly CARES ABOUT SAM. She's not going to be a B*tch about the whole thing with Sam and Freddie, she's just not. I know :I don't usually defend Carly, but believe it or not, she actually IS a good friend. If she were upset about it, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't say anything or at least act like that, because that's how a good friend acts, they don't just go ballistic. Something like this, probably, if she WERE upset by it: Sam: "Hey Carly, I guess you saw..." Carly: *bored* "Yeah...So you and Freddie...' Sam: "Yeah." Carly: *smiles sadly* "I'm really happy for you, you know. You finally found somebody." Sam: 0_0 "Oh my god, you...do you like him too?" Carly: "um, that's not important, really." *gets up and laughs sheepishly* "Let's think of something else for iCarly! Come on!' Sam: *stares sadly* "No Carly it's not okay, if...if you don't want us to be-" Carly: "Sam, no!" *places hands on Sam's shoulders and smiles* "You need this, okay? Freddie is...he's a great guy...you're lucky, you should be happy. I can find a way to deal, I'll try, okay? If it works out, if it doesn't, I'm STILL going to be your friend, I'm not going to hurt you or anything, okay?" Sam: *smiles* "Thanks Carly." *the girls hug* Carly: "Okay, you want to go work on iCarly some?" Sam: "Actually I was hoping maybe...we could go to the mall, maybe build-a-bra or something." Carly: "Sounds good! Just...let's not talk about Freddie for a bit, okay? I...I need some time, is that okay?" Sam: "That's fine Carly. Thank you." Freddie: *walks in* "Hey guys, what's u-" Carly: "We're going to build-a-bra, want to-" Freddie: "And I'm gone." *walks out* *The girls laugh* See, that's the way it should go, Carly shouldn't be a b*tch to Sam or Freddie about the whole thing, it would be wrong of her and just not...her, really. She's a good friend and I think she'd know how to try and suck it up and not let things bother her. It would also be a good trait for if it DIDN'T work out and she wanted to get with Freddie, she could still talk to Sam about it.....and maybe it wouldn't be awkward or bad.
    excuse you, but did you happen to read my extra-super-long ending script in The Offical iOMG forum? yeah. you should check that out. mine is sort of similar to yours, and i don't make carly seem all mean and stuff. so, yeah. you should check that out.

pscf3

[110]Apr 22, 2011
    Ok, ok, ok. Carly is not a total b*, but shes not a perfect little girl either. I think fireofnatures was the closet I've seen to in character so far.

hurr05

[111]Apr 22, 2011

Carly is a mixture of Tori Vega and Zoey Brooks.

teenj12

[112]Apr 22, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    My god you guys make Carly out to be a b*tch even. Don't ANY of you give a flying F* that Carly CARES ABOUT SAM. She's not going to be a B*tch about the whole thing with Sam and Freddie, she's just not. I know :I don't usually defend Carly, but believe it or not, she actually IS a good friend. If she were upset about it, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't say anything or at least act like that, because that's how a good friend acts, they don't just go ballistic. Something like this, probably, if she WERE upset by it:

Sam: "Hey Carly, I guess you saw..."

Carly: *bored* "Yeah...So you and Freddie...'

Sam: "Yeah." Carly: *smiles sadly* "I'm really happy for you, you know. You finally found somebody."

Sam: 0_0 "Oh my god, you...do you like him too?"

Carly: "um, that's not important, really." *gets up and laughs sheepishly* "Let's think of something else for iCarly! Come on!'

Sam: *stares sadly* "No Carly it's not okay, if...if you don't want us to be-"

Carly: "Sam, no!" *places hands on Sam's shoulders and smiles* "You need this, okay? Freddie is...he's a great guy...you're lucky, you should be happy. I can find a way to deal, I'll try, okay? If it works out, if it doesn't, I'm STILL going to be your friend, I'm not going to hurt you or anything, okay?"

Sam: *smiles* "Thanks Carly." *the girls hug*
    Carly: "Okay, you want to go work on iCarly some?"

Sam: "Actually I was hoping maybe...we could go to the mall, maybe build-a-bra or something."

Carly: "Sounds good! Just...let's not talk about Freddie for a bit, okay? I...I need some time, is that okay?"

Sam: "That's fine Carly. Thank you."

Freddie: *walks in* "Hey guys, what's u-"

Carly: "We're going to build-a-bra, want to-"

Freddie: "And I'm gone." *walks out* *The girls laugh*

See, that's the way it should go, Carly shouldn't be a b*tch to Sam or Freddie about the whole thing, it would be wrong of her and just not...her, really. She's a good friend and I think she'd know how to try and suck it up and not let things bother her. It would also be a good trait for if it DIDN'T work out and she wanted to get with Freddie, she could still talk to Sam about it.....and maybe it wouldn't be awkward or bad.

Me and Hurr were really just joking . Besides, Carly dooeesss get like this when she doesn't get her way. (To A less violent degree).

vanillacupcakes

[113]Apr 22, 2011

^I know sometimes she does that. She usually gets what she wants, but usually what she wants isn't all that unreasonable. A lot of times she gets what she wants to begin with is because it involves something beneficial to somebody else. For example, she really wanted Sam and her mother to get along, so she'll drag them to a therapist and do whatever it takes to get that done. Maybe it isn't the best of her to take advantage of Freddie during iHate Sam's Boyfriend with her famous "Please? For me?"(even though I find it kind of funny and cute). However, she did it to get Sam and Jonah together. She saw how much Sam wanted to be with Jonah, and what Carly wanted was for Sam to be happy. What she wanted in iOMG was for Sam to be happy(I've said this too many times lol). That's why she isn't going to ruin it by being angry that she's in love with Freddie.

Does she sometimes freak out at first when things don't go her way?? Yes. If she wants Freddie, she can get him. If she just wants his attention or affection, she could probably get that too. It's just I don't think she wants either right now.

But let's say Sam and Freddie stop talking to Carly, treat her like a third wheel, or just leave her out of the blue with anything going on between them. THAT would make her freak out a lot. In that case, what she wants is the friendship between the three of them to remain intact. Luckily, I don't think anything like that would happen.

I know you guys were joking and don't see Carly as evil or anything. I ain't even mad(YES, finally found a time say that overused phrase). I just wanted to explain that Carly wouldn't act like that and sometimes she doesn't get enough credit.

@ilivelovemusic: Thank you! (: Much appreciated.

@hurr: I'm sorry, sometimes I save time by overlooking a lot of quotes(like it took forever to find time to read pixar's WMGs). I'll get around to it though.

Edited on 04/22/2011 11:38am

hurr05

[114]Apr 22, 2011

@vanilla cupcakes it's cool, no prob

to everyone else: seriously, teenj and i were seriously joking. but carly DID start hitting spencer in iThink They Kissed, REMEMBERRR??? she said, "and now i'm all whipped up cuz YOU told me to (slap, slap) CALM DOWNNN!!!"

vanillacupcakes

[115]Apr 22, 2011

@hurr: Yay! Happy endings!

I said in another thread I ramble about jokes. So I'm going to ramble about the one you just posted, if that's alright with you.

First of all, that's a completely accurate statement. I love Carly for saying that. You think saying "Calm down" is going to help out?? It never works, it just makes it WORSE. It's like when someone tries to comfort you by saying "It's okay, don't cry". That usually makes you cry more. It's actually really good advice. Never tell a girl to calm down. Well, never tell me to calm down. I guess I can only speak for myself.

Regarding Carly's reaction in iOMG II, I don't mean that Carly would not freak out. I totally think she would. But she wouldn't freak out in an angry way. She would freak out over shock or the fact she isn't comfortable with the change. The reason why she was whipped up and hitting Spencer was because they kept Carly out of the blue for a long time and felt like they had to keep secrets for her. Like I said, if Sam and Freddie leave Carly out, she'll freak out. But Carly is not going to be MAD that Sam loves Freddie. When I say, "mad" I mean like iLook Alike mad. The type of behavior others see as being spoiled or bratty.

Edited on 04/22/2011 2:45pm

pscf3

[116]Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah, like when I'm playing baseball and strike out, I hate it when someone says " it's okay, you did your best" or whatever. I know their tryin to be nice, but it just make me think about it more.

hurr05

[117]Apr 22, 2011

@vanilla rofl it's cool, ramble on!!

and yeah, i hate it when i screw up and people say, "ohh, don't worry. next time." but this makes no sense because i also don't want people to say, "ARGGH WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?? YOU SUCK."

vanillacupcakes

[118]Apr 22, 2011
    Well I personally would rather have them just not say anything at all. I just don't want to think about it, like pscf3 said. It doesn't work damnit.

Hmm...back on topic, do you guys think it likely is to have a teaser for iOMG part 2 during iPWV?? That way it wouldn't really have to be clips for it or some sort of plot giveaway, it could just release the date. Then they could reel in some of the Victorious fans too...possibly. Then again, iOMG promos aired during the weirdest times ever. But a teaser during iPWV makes sense.

teenj12

[119]Apr 22, 2011
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Well I personally would rather have them just not say anything at all. I just don't want to think about it, like pscf3 said. It doesn't work damnit.

Hmm...back on topic, do you guys think it likely is to have a teaser for iOMG part 2 during iPWV?? That way it wouldn't really have to be clips for it or some sort of plot giveaway, it could just release the date. Then they could reel in some of the Victorious fans too...possibly. Then again, iOMG promos aired during the weirdest times ever. But a teaser during iPWV makes sense.

Yea, since nick says iPWV will be the biggest Summer Event eva.

ilivelovemusic

[120]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    teenj12 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Yea, since nick says iPWV will be the biggest Summer Event eva.

It would pretty cool if they did. LOL what if Freddie says something like "Oh yeah, that'll happen *He rolls his eyes* Right about the time Sam reveals her undying love for me with a kiss. *Then he scoffs* Hahahaha