We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iOMG Story Arc Discussion (#401-404)

ilivelovemusic

[21]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 5

Wow it's so cool that there are a bunch of guys in the forum Ive never really met a guy who's a fan of iCarly :\

And aside from trying to figure out Sam's thoughts and feelings I HAVE been thinking about what Freddie felt about all this. And I agree that he has been through a whirlwind of emotions throughout the episode. Although I'm a Seddie shipper I don't think Freddie has feelings for Sam, that he is AWARE of anyway. He probably loves/likes her subconciously. And that's why there should be a couple episodes of him reconciling his feelings towards both girls.

I only think that he doesn't KNOW that he has feelings for Sam [If he HAS feelings forSam] because he's never really shown anyCLEAR SIGNS that he has "those feelings" for her. We all know though that he does care for her but if anything, Freddie probably never even thought about how he feels for her exactly. He assumed that ALL this time Sam hated him and that's just how it was. I'd also like to point out that Sam might've expressed her "Hate" for Freddie via violence, names and birthday greetings but it's been a while since Freddie actually said that he hated Sam or called her a "Blonde-headed-demon"and such.

Also someone has pointed out in someone's blog in the iCarly wikia that if Sam was rejected by Freddie, how was it any different from Carly rejecting Freddie? This was brought up because almost everyone is saying that Creddie is unlikely to happen if Sam gets rejected, so Seddie would be the only way to go.And thatiCarly would be way too dramatic and it literally won't be the same anymore. I don't want to be mean to that person but I don't think Freddie's "love" for Carly was remotely even close to what Sam feels for Freddie. It was mentioned that Freddie fell 'in-love' with Carly the moment they met. I don't know about you guys, but I don't believe in 'love at first-sight' I might not be a love expert but REAL LOVE isn't something you gain after just face-value.

You fall in love with the person you KNOW and you love them because of the little things about them that you notice when you're around them. You fall in love with their personality, how their mind works and all of the small things that have so much meaning behind them. I myself have never been in-love.. At least I don't think so. But apparently it's when you can no longer imagine your tomorrow without them. I can safely say that Freddie's feelings for Carly was just 'infatuation' I mean he was like 11 when it began right? It could've continued for years because Carly is a nice girl who is close to him. She's someone he knows but he only made himself think it was love. Sam probably started having feelings for him when she got to know him.

Anyway sorry for my'love' rant but this sorta connects to my actual main point. Freddie has continued to delude himself of feelings that were never really true. [At least I don't think so] But now it seems like he's over it or he just doesn't really think about it and just ignores it. And to have him handle quite shocking feelings from someone who he thought hated him, he's just even more confused now and he has to think about ALL the emotions he decided to ignore. Poor Freddie... He's got a lot on his plate. And definitely a lot of things to re-consider. One episode can't be THAT pivotal that it can go through all of Freddie's unanswered questions.

Just my 2 cents in the mix...

Edited on 04/13/2011 10:53pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RemDiamond

[22]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 5
    Obviously, Freddie's feelings for Carly were not serious at first but as he's gotten to know her and their friendship has grown I believe it has turned into something more. ISYL demonstrates this. If he didn't truly love Carly, he wouldn't have stopped it at that point. He wanted to make sure her feelings were just as real as his. That is my definition of real love and maturity.

Canada_Michael

[23]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 10

I agree the fact that he was willing to stop it at that point, with no guarantee they will ever get back to that point, shows how seriously he takes his feelings for Carly. Carly is Freddie's first pick & has been for multiple seasons. If I were Freddie after the shock I would be angry, to find out after years of bullying that Sam now likes him. Freddie needs to forget about Carly & Sam & get someone outside the group. I want to see Carly jealous and realize Freddie was a great catch that she let slip through her fingers, could care less if Sam is jealous or not

Fireofnature

[24]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 13
    Canada_Michael wrote:

I agree the fact that he was willing to stop it at that point, with no guarantee they will ever get back to that point, shows how seriously he takes his feelings for Carly. Carly is Freddie's first pick & has been for multiple seasons. If I were Freddie after the shock I would be angry, to find out after years of bullying that Sam now likes him. Freddie needs to forget about Carly & Sam & get someone outside the group. I want to see Carly jealous and realize Freddie was a great catch that she let slip through her fingers, could care less if Sam is jealous or not

Yeah but as I've said elsewhere, if there's any jealousy at all between the two main girls (the two best friends), it's going to kill the show. That's it, no more needs to be said, it WILL kill the best show. I shouldn't have to go into detail with the why, either.

Look at it this way, it can kill the friendship. I don't think they're going to let a guy, definitely not Freddie, come between them. Besides, they made a pact out of that, even, back in "Saw him first". But I definitely still stand by my thinking that Freddie needs a girl that isn't them.

Canada_Michael

[25]Apr 14, 2011

I don't see Sam/Freddie going out long term, more then likely they will go out on a date & Sam will be annoyed with Freddie. I see them pulling back Sam's new found feelings by the end of the next episode, explaining it away as a temporary crush. Creddie as well could go the same route, where Freddie realizes he has no chance with Carly & moves on. The worst thing they could do IMO is out of the blue pair Freddie with either one of them in the finale. Although with the suddenness of the kiss in iOMG I fear that's a real possibility.

frontman19

[26]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 14

I agree, I feel that in order for a pairing to emerge from the main 3, it cannot be sudden, it has to be part of an over-arching storyline that goes on through the entirety of season 5. I don't see Dan going that way with this show, and if he pulls another iOMG with either ship in the finale I don't think I would be nearly as excited. I think I would be more let down actually. Although I do think that one thing worse than having a sudden pairing happen in the finale is if Dan has both Sam and Carly have feelings for Freddie and forces him to choose who he wants. That would make the story overly complicated, ruin the whole groups friendship dynamic, and therefore destroy the entire show.

hurr05

[27]Apr 14, 2011

here's what's going to happen:

freddie and sam will become a couple, and carly will have to get over herself and deal with it. end.

teenj12

[28]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 26
    There's no guaranteed what couple is going to happen. Freddie cares about both girls. His feeling's for Carly HAVE in fact matured from a "schoolboy" fetish to much more (iSYL proves this). Since Freddie has never showed much sign of being into Sam (aside from iKiss maybe), then its really all speculation whether he has feelings for Sam.

Canada_Michael

[29]Apr 14, 2011

Keep dreaming Hurr05 Seddie has not even happened yet. All you have at the end of iOMG is Sam kissing Freddie, not a mutual kiss. All it would take is Carly to kiss Freddie & Freddie would be like Sam who? LOL.

teenj12

[30]Apr 14, 2011
    Canada_Michael wrote:

Keep dreaming Hurr05 Seddie has not even happened yet. All you have at the end of iOMG is Sam kissing Freddie, not a mutual kiss. All it would take is Carly to kiss Freddie & Freddie would be like Sam who? LOL.

LMAO.

hurr05

[31]Apr 14, 2011

are you a creddie fan? with all due respect, SEDDIE IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

it's just a better couple. it's just my opinion.

Canada_Michael

[32]Apr 14, 2011

I agree Seddie is the way to go!!!. They are definitely the way to go if you're doing a cheesy reality show or the lead story on the 6 PM news, "Husband injured by wife over meat" LMAO.

hurr05

[33]Apr 14, 2011

see what i mean? that's interesting!

who wants to hear about: "WIFE BRINGS HOT CHOWDER TO HUSBAND IN BED". ?????

Canada_Michael

[34]Apr 14, 2011
    Better hot chowder in the stomach then a frozen steak to to the head I always say :-)

hurr05

[35]Apr 14, 2011

unless the chowder is so hot that itdisintegrates your tongue, while the steak to the eye would most likely heal...most likely.

RomanZolanski

[36]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 12
    OMG not another fan war. Why must there be shipping in every show? Like if this was real life, Seddie wouldn't happen, and neither would Creddie. LOL just sayin', aha. Don't hate me!

teenj12

[37]Apr 14, 2011
    Canada_Michael wrote:

I agree Seddie is the way to go!!!. They are definitely the way to go if you're doing a cheesy reality show or the lead story on the 6 PM news, "Husband injured by wife over meat" LMAO.

Haha.

Canada_Michael

[38]Apr 14, 2011

RomanZolanski wrote:
    OMG not another fan war. Why must there be shipping in every show? Like if this was real life, Seddie wouldn't happen, and neither would Creddie. LOL just sayin', aha. Don't hate me!
    I partially agree with you Seddie will not happen ;-). Seriously though I think they will end the show with the three going off to different Universities etc. They will remain friends but will end the webcast. If we do get Creddie or Seddie it will be fleeting at best.

They are in high school not exactly known for producing long term relationships IMO. I still hope for Creddie but don't count on getting it, & if it does happen it will be a very minor story in the grand scheme of things.

Edited on 04/14/2011 7:04pm

hurr05

[39]Apr 14, 2011

RomanZolanski wrote:
    lol if this were real life, half of the stuff on iCarly wouldn't be. like seriously, they live in an apartment, but it's like freaking huge. spencer fails to have a real job, but they always have food. sam is always in trouble, but the principal is mad cool. carly has a bicycle hanging from the ceiling in her kitchen (shown in the episode iHate the Techfoot or w/e). go figure.

vanillacupcakes

[40]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 16

^It's a preteen's paradise, no wonder all the kids like this show.

Seriously, what is up with this argument??