We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly iFix A Popstar (#231) Episode Discussion

SPDShadowRanger

[61]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 72

frontman19 wrote:

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that people are stupid because they will buy into anything, they like to see someone fall. but they like it even better when they rise up again, even if they have no talent. If someone is famous enough they'll have swarms of fans no matter how little talent they have.

Also, why are you here constantly sticking up for Britney Spears? This character could have been based off anyone, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, any has-been pop star out there.

I'm wasn't technically sticking up for her, just saying it was dumb to make fun her again since it's just not funny anymore. Its been going for years now and now its just going for a cheap laugh and I did misinterpret the second time.

Also, because I myself am a fan of Britney, that's why I stick up for her. At least I'm not being crazy about it, just giving my two cents. Yeah she does have talent. She's not really showing it lately but she does. She's an amazing dancer who can put on one hell of a show. She may not have the widest vocal range in the world, but she can sing live too.

How can this be a based off anyone other then Britney? An ex-husband, a kid, a video of them acting crazy, saying they were better a few years ago, being voted sexist woman, a lackluster performance, lip-syncing, etc. It's clearly not based on Lindsay and Paris who never were great.

Edited on 03/20/2010 5:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[62]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 37
    this is on at 12 for me again. if i watched would i be watching a quality, funny episode or a tame, boring one

DPluver2012

[63]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 11
    dangit. im gonna miss it again! i fell alseep before it came on last night now i will be at softball. was it any good?

futuramarama

[64]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 37
    it was alright. had some funny humor, like the little kids beating up the "Statue of Gibberty", Spencer telling Sam to text Carly to pick him up a corn-dog "She'll be like so confused". but i thought ginger was too gross. i know that was the point i just didn't like it, and that ruined the second half. the only thing i liked from the second half was when spencer and gibby's mom kept seeing each other as Carly and Gibby. overall, good, funny first half, somewhat bad last half

ultimatekey

[65]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    This episode was good. When I first saw Ginger Fox, the first thing that popped into my mind was Britney Spears. I was a little confused with the Spencer subplot. Just how old is Gibby's mom? And i thought Gubby had a stepdad or something. Right now, isn't Spencer 28 or 29? And Gibby's mother looks like she is inher 30's. Like she is 35. Or she must be the same age as Spencer but a little older, that means she was a teen mom at the age of 18 or anywhere near there. Am I the only person confused with that?

That goes the same for Mrs. Benson in thew Christmas episode, she could have been a teen mom and she was happy to have a child, but Freddie's dad left her and she ended up caring for Freddie as a baby and did not have time for a social life. What do you guys think?

Aprilshakira

[66]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 10
    ultimatekey wrote:
    This episode was good. When I first saw Ginger Fox, the first thing that popped into my mind was Britney Spears. I was a little confused with the Spencer subplot. Just how old is Gibby's mom? And i thought Gubby had a stepdad or something. Right now, isn't Spencer 28 or 29? And Gibby's mother looks like she is inher 30's. Like she is 35. Or she must be the same age as Spencer but a little older, that means she was a teen mom at the age of 18 or anywhere near there. Am I the only person confused with that?

That goes the same for Mrs. Benson in thew Christmas episode, she could have been a teen mom and she was happy to have a child, but Freddie's dad left her and she ended up caring for Freddie as a baby and did not have time for a social life. What do you guys think?

Wow, good point. I totally agree. Especially about Gibby's mom. And the thing about Freddie's mom makes a lot of sense.

Aprilshakira

[67]Mar 20, 2010
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

frontman19 wrote:

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that people are stupid because they will buy into anything, they like to see someone fall. but they like it even better when they rise up again, even if they have no talent. If someone is famous enough they'll have swarms of fans no matter how little talent they have.

Also, why are you here constantly sticking up for Britney Spears? This character could have been based off anyone, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, any has-been pop star out there.

I'm wasn't technically sticking up for her, just saying it was dumb to make fun her again since it's just not funny anymore. Its been going for years now and now its just going for a cheap laugh and I did misinterpret the second time.

Also, because I myself am a fan of Britney, that's why I stick up for her. At least I'm not being crazy about it, just giving my two cents. Yeah she does have talent. She's not really showing it lately but she does. She's an amazing dancer who can put on one hell of a show. She may not have the widest vocal range in the world, but she can sing live too.

How can this be a based off anyone other then Britney? An ex-husband, a kid, a video of them acting crazy, saying they were better a few years ago, being voted sexist woman, a lackluster performance, lip-syncing, etc. It's clearly not based on Lindsay and Paris who never were great.

Touche. Good point.

Aprilshakira

[68]Mar 20, 2010

Okay, where are the funfacts for this episode?! All he's posting is Victorious crap.

.. I guess we can all say goodbye in advance to iCarly.

saylavee

[69]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 18
    Mmhm...im still clinging on to my hope that the reason he's advertisnig it so much is because it sucks. but, hearing peoples reactions to the show, not many are guna watch it.

Oh and if he does have the fun facts up by tonight, he's likely to get spammed by tweets asking for them, so he'll put em up eventually.

marebear2009

[70]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 27

I liked this episode. It was much better than iSpace Out. My favorite part was near the end when Spencer kept seeing Gibby's mom as Gibby, and she kept seeing Spencer as Carly! LOL! The only thing I remember really disliking about it was the kissing scenes between Spencer and Gibby's mom and how she acted toward Spencer right before the first kiss. That was just awkward:/, and yeah, I also sort of agree with futuramarama. Ginger did look disgusting.

Uranium_OJ

[71]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 6

I don't know why everyone keeps arguing about who ginger fox's character is based on. Ginger Fox is not just based on one person, in my opinion.

She represents all those one-hit-wonders and pop-stars that went down the drain or took to drugs after that one hit song (or many songs, in the case of some popstars).

I could name a few celebrities like Ginger Fox off the top of my head: Amy Winehouse, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Winona Ryder, a lot of celebrities from the 80s.

It doesn't have to be ONLY britney spears or ONLY lindsay lohan. Obviously Dan couldn't show rehab or mention drugs on the show, but you could totally see that's what he was getting at.

Edited on 03/20/2010 2:28pm

taillow22

[72]Mar 20, 2010

So far I only saw the second half of the episode, which I thought was funny. I want to see the first half

iCarly317

[73]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'm not getting the resemblence between Ginger Fox and Ke$ha at all...

I'm just not seeing it. It was a really good episode, with a lot of funny moments (about time for a funnier episode). What made me laugh the most is seeing Carly dressed like a guy when Gibby's mom was picturing Spencer as Carly. And Gibby dressed like a girl...not too surprising.

Gibby lips!

xiaxia123

[74]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 4
    I watched the episode an hour ago, and I have to admit, It was hilarious!!! The statue of Giberty was the funniest part! Oh and btw, is it just me or is it really for the first time, Sam didn't make fun of Freddie in a whole episode?

HaydenAvery

[75]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 21
    Of course she did. She violently pulled the fork out of Freddie's shoulder. Just because their starting to stand each other points nothing to a relationship. Anywho, an alright episode. I hated that popstar so much though. That (beep) did not deserve to be famous again.

frontman19

[76]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 14

HaydenAvery wrote:
    I hated that popstar so much though. That (beep) did not deserve to be famous again.

I'm pretty sure that was the point they were trying to make...

HaydenAvery

[77]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 21
    I get that. I just wanted her to get what she deserved, nothing.

taillow22

[78]Mar 20, 2010

I saw the entire episode - AMAZING.

Definitely in my top 10, probably even top 5. I don't have it sorted out in my head, though... :S

DPluver2012

[79]Mar 20, 2010
    i thought she did get nothing,bc right at the end she came on the camera and said "i've lost my baby bryan!'its billy' I lost my baby billy!" so maybe it went back down the drain once people see that? who knows and she resembles kesha in some ways,slutty,whorish,wears clothes that show way too much? haha

MusicAddictBabe

[80]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 18
    Has Dan posted any Fun Facts about this episode? Maybe that'll tell what she resembles...not that I don't agree with any of you - I do think she pretty much sums up most popstars today. Ok, maybe not most...but a bunch. Or at least a few.