We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly iFix A Popstar (#231) Episode Discussion

schillingklaus

[121]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 12

Victorious has got a great concept, and it doesn't matter how many shows have already had the same idea, because great concepts can never be repeated often enough.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[122]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 37
    isn't it better to have a totally new, original idea then to steal one that has been done countless times

MusicAddictBabe

[123]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yeah, it'd probably get you better views down the road. If they had made Victorious less "typical," I bet more people would watch the latter episodes. But since it's cliche, it may not get as many as if it were original. IMO.

iCarly317

[124]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'd rather have a crazy plot like this (no matter how many times its been done before) than a plot that tries to show off what actually happens in the everyday real life of a typical person/people. I guess that's what I like about Dan's shows. There's nothing 'normal' about them.

Girlygirl24

[125]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 28
    iCarly317 wrote:
    I'd rather have a crazy plot like this (no matter how many times its been done before) than a plot that tries to show off what actually happens in the everyday real life of a typical person/people. I guess that's what I like about Dan's shows. There's nothing 'normal' about them.

Exactly why i love ICarly and other shows that people hate because its diffrent

MusicAddictBabe

[126]Mar 29, 2010
    That's sorta why I stopped watching The Secret Life of an American Teenager. Well, actually, I kinda missed one episode and got lost. But I lost interest in it b/c a lot of that stuff is a little...exagerated. No offense to people who love the show. It's not all bad .

iCarly317

[127]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 13
    I've lost interest in Secret Life, but I still continue to watch it. But that's exactly what I mean. The point of Secret Life is right there in the title of the show, and somewhere along the way they lost focus of the show and basically the whole thing's about sex now. And that's my point. I'd rather watch a show that doesn't try to show the average life of anyone, I'd rather watch a show that shows the crazy life of a person with nothing normal about them.

futuramarama

[128]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 37
    so nothing on fun facts

MusicAddictBabe

[129]Apr 2, 2010
    I would continue to watch it...lol if I hadn't missed so many episodes. My cousin's been keeping me up to date though . It is all about sex. And I swear it deals with the parents' lives more than the kids. I think what they had planned on doing was that they probably wanted to incorporate all the issues that teens have to go through in life (unintended pregnancy, sex, splitting parents, deceased parents, etc.) and have the different "clicks" (the whore, the jock, the computer geek, the band geek, etc.) so that more teens would watch the show. However, they kinda went overboard in this series. Most teenagers don't have THAT many problems. I understand that they packed all those issues into a few families/friends but it got a little outta hand, imo. Kinda like Kyle XY and basically "milking it" after the 3rd (and def 4th) season. But I get what you mean and I totally agree. Otherwise there's not humor at all. Actually, what's life without making a joke or two, really? I mean, just look at Family Guy. Yeah, some things may be descriminating (and actually this ties in a lot with this particular episode of iCarly), but don't we always make jokes about people? FG always picks on certain celebrities...that's the whole show lol. But a lot of people out there do!

That stinks. We NEED fun facts lol. And it's funny how we were kinda off topic with the whole Victorious and Secret Life thing, but it's really funny how I got back to this episode with that Family Guy thing and I totally didn't mean to do that. When I rant, I end up getting ahead of myself. I don't think of what to say before I say it, I think of it while I am and then things keep popping into my head xD.

charmed4eva112

[130]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 20
    Eh, I've been watching Secret Life on and off. I've finally finished season 1, starting on season 2 and watched the last episode of season 2. But yeah, too many problems. There's a pregnancy in every season (Adrian will be number 3....) and too much drama/triangles. Gah!!!

Fun.Facts. Come on Dan, just write and post them!

Aprilshakira

[131]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 10

I hate Secret Life now, because it's all preachy. (The whole scene with Madison and Lauren talking about birth control was SO unrealistic, and it felt like I was reading a segment from the health section of Seventeen magazine.) I only watch the show now because nostalgia has been getting to me. The show was great at first, in the beginning of season 1. But now it sucks. The characters are very annoying, and that brings me to my next point. The writers didn't develop the characters properly, and that's obvious now. They just throw in development in random places, and they restrict the characters from growing overtime. (I love how on iCarly we watch the characters grow overtime, Freddie, Spencer and the Seddie ship are examples of that.) Brenda Hampton really needs to take a lesson from Dan Schneider.

EITHER WAY, WHERE ARE THE FUNFACTS?! Come on Dan, we've been waiting almost 3 weeks! Nobody likes Victorious anyway..

MusicAddictBabe

[132]Sep 9, 2010
    I agree. They didn't do well on the character developement. I don't know who could keep up with this show either.

Did he ever put funfacts up?