We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Do you "hate" a character because they stand in the way of your ship?

SeddieBerserker

[1]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 2

I've heard people on both sides hate Carly or Sam merely because they stand in the way of Seddie or Creddie, even wishing death. I am a Seddier, but I love Carly and Miranda. I am just wondering why some would go as far to hate on a character, even the actress that plays them. I look forward to your responses.

Edited on 07/24/2010 12:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Girlygirl24

[2]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 28
    i agree i HATE it when people hate a charecter just because its in the way of a ship i love creddie but i also love sam and Jannette it really makes me mad too!

saylavee

[3]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 18
    Its not that i hate Carly. I dont hate her, i just dont like her. But its not because I'm a seddie fan. I just dont like her character. I like Miranda though

pixarprincess

[4]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 13
    ^ Somewhat confusing, but yes, it's stupid when people wish death upon characters standing in the way of a certain ship. I am hardcore Seddie, but I still love Carly and Miranda!

saylavee

[5]Jul 24, 2010
    Confusing? Okay lemme clear it up.

-I dont like Carly for her character, not because I'm a seddie fan, but i do like Miranda.

frontman19

[6]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 14

Well I don't like Carly but it has absolutely nothing to do with my preferred ship, I just don't like her character because she's too boring. Honestly I really hate people who hate Carly because they ship Sam/Freddie or want Sam to die because they ship Carly/Freddie, or want Sam to die because she's a mean character. (I'm looking at you psychos in the imdb forums, and you other psychos in the seddie.2ya forums)

However I do like Miranda, she seems like a very nice person.

Edited on 07/24/2010 2:33pm

arnoldmcguire

[7]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    Actually no, since I don't oppose any ship. in fact, I am a Creddie, Cam and Spam shipper. so no.

pscf3

[8]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 16
    Agreed every word.

And why do people think Carly is Boring? She was a little cheesy in season 1, but not boring.

Girlygirl24 wrote:
    i agree i HATE it when people hate a charecter just because its in the way of a ship i love creddie but i also love sam and Jannette it really makes me mad too!

Aprilshakira

[9]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 10
    pscf3 wrote:
    Agreed every word.

And why do people think Carly is Boring? She was a little cheesy in season 1, but not boring.

Girlygirl24 wrote:

I think Carly is boring too, in my opinion. She hasn't shown much development (neither has Sam, but I think this season is her season to really shine..) and Carly is so predictable with her cute one-liners and sassy-ness.

schillingklaus

[10]Jul 25, 2010
    Development causes chaos, instability, and lack of reliability, thus it is bad.
    This underlines the absolute superiority of flat characters.
    Schneider messed up too many characters by trying to change them over time.
    The worst fraud committed by Nickelodeon was what he did to Quinn Pensky in Zoey 101.
    Those changes of character during a shows's course are absolutely deprecable, no matter what.
    Decent viewer discard and ridicule changes and only consider the original impression of any character as valid, not the development.
    This underlines the necessity of watching later seasons only for the guest roles, as characters that only appear once are totally unlikely to get changed during the course of the show, thus they are as reliable as a rock, as opposed to those characters that have been corrupted, degenerated, and fouled up beyond reaason.

xiaxia123

[11]Jul 25, 2010
    • level: 4
    SeddieBerserker wrote:

I've heard people on both sides hate Carly or Sam merely because they stand in the way of Seddie or Creddie, even wishing death. I am a Seddier, but I love Carly and Miranda. I am just wondering why some would go as far to hate on a character, even the actress that plays them. I look forward to your responses.

That's just sad. I used to be neutral, though I'm gradually slipping towards seddie. Still, I like carly as much as I liked her when I first began watching the show. People shouldn't get so extreme on how TV shows or works of fiction turn out.

loey12886

[12]Jul 26, 2010
    I think it's funny with Seddie in the picture, I heard from a Jannette interview that she admitted that she's actually a creddie fan

but I actually like both ships really, so I don't hate anyone though. but my favorite character in the show is Sam

sockstar

[13]Jul 27, 2010
    >>I think it's funny with Seddie in the picture, I heard from a Jannette interview that she admitted that she's actually a creddie fan

Really? Where? I haven't heard anything like that lol.

loey12886

[14]Jul 27, 2010
    sockstar wrote:
    >>I think it's funny with Seddie in the picture, I heard from a Jannette interview that she admitted that she's actually a creddie fan

Really? Where? I haven't heard anything like that lol.

I went to one of her sites, don't remember which one it was though and in an interview the interviewer asked "who's your favorite couple on the show" and she said "I like some couples on the show, but I really enjoy watching Carly and Freddie"

not really sure if that does make her a fan, but it sounded like it when she said it

frontman19

[15]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 14

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with shipping, but with the chemistry the actors have. And think about it, would she really be egotistical enough to say Sam and Freddie were her favorite on screen couple, it's not in her personality.

loey12886

[16]Jul 27, 2010
    it kind does, even if you have a couple in a show

take Dawson's creek for example, there was Joey and Pacey and Joshua Jackson mentioned that he liked Joey and Dawson

she didn't say anything about Sam and Freddie, she just said that she likes Carly and Freddie

MusicAddictBabe

[17]Jul 29, 2010
    It does have a little bit to do with shipping if she says she is a Creddie fan. At the same time it's still one of the actors and - GAH! Why am I getting in on this lol.....

Anyway, I don't hate certain characters because they get in the way of the ship(s) I like. If I hate a character it's because of his/her personality and such. I think that's kinda sad too, the way people will hate characters because of ships. It's just a show, guys. It wasn't produced around romance...it's just a side-plot-sorta-thing...yeah.

So, I don't know why people do that. Good question .

marcdragicevic

[18]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 21
    loey12886 wrote:
    I think it's funny with Seddie in the picture, I heard from a Jannette interview that she admitted that she's actually a creddie fan

but I actually like both ships really, so I don't hate anyone though. but my favorite character in the show is Sam

Hmmm. really Do you have a link, it should be a good read.

loey12886

[19]Jul 31, 2010
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    It does have a little bit to do with shipping if she says she is a Creddie fan. At the same time it's still one of the actors and - GAH! Why am I getting in on this lol.....

Anyway, I don't hate certain characters because they get in the way of the ship(s) I like. If I hate a character it's because of his/her personality and such. I think that's kinda sad too, the way people will hate characters because of ships. It's just a show, guys. It wasn't produced around romance...it's just a side-plot-sorta-thing...yeah.

So, I don't know why people do that. Good question .

look all I said is that she said she likes Carly and Freddie, thats all i said

loey12886

[20]Jul 31, 2010
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:

Hmmm. really Do you have a link, it should be a good read.

I don't even remember what site it was, I just kind of strolled upon it, I can tell you that it's a Janette site on a google search