We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Do you "hate" a character because they stand in the way of your ship?

vanillacupcakes

[21]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 16

Okay when I first became a Seddie fan(I was a fake one but still a fan I guess) I shipped Seddie because I liked Sam over Carly. I thought that because I liked Sam I wanted the best for her and I felt that Freddie would make her life happier. Yeah, I was a suckish fan. I still liked Miranda but didn't like Carly. Now I like Carly, Sam, Jennette, and Miranda. At least I never wished death upon anybody. Even if I hate somebody I don't hope for them to die....sheesh. Some people get too carried away. cough IMDB cough cough.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[22]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 18
    Sorry, loey! I wasn't trying to be mean. Actually if you read it right, I was agreeing with you . I didn't mean to make it come out that way. But, what difference does it make. My friends do that to me all the time. I had a friend who used to get mad at me for something I was telling her (on AIM). But since it is on the computer, you can't see how I'm saying it. Such as, I could put "Ah" right now and people could either think that means I'm screaming because I'm freaked out by something, I'm beginning to understand something, or I'm getting frusterated. That never stopped my friends for hating me. I even try to reword things the right way. I guess, to no avail .

So, please, don't be mad at me! I'm not that bad. Or at least I didn't think I was.

Pity story...*cough, cough*.

Anywho, that's ok, Vanilla (is it ok if I shorten it a little for now?). I'm probably stupid for asking this, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what IMDB stands for. What episode is that?

I remember at my 9th grade lunch table, I sat with the more girly (yet, nice) girls. There were only a few who truly gossiped. When they said that they hated another girl, they wished she would just die. I always hated when people said that. I mean, if that girl or whatever actually died, I'm sure they'd feel bad because most people have feelings (well, I guess it'd be worse if it was someone real close, but you get it). Sorry. Mini-rant.

Gosh. I sure do ramble a lot....

pscf3

[23]Aug 1, 2010
    IMBD stands for Internet Movie DataBase, it's a website.

iCarly317

[24]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 13

I'm another person that doesn't seem to understand why people don't like Carly. I just don't get how you don't like one of the main characters when the entire show is based on her and her friends. I agree with someone on the previous page, she was a bit cheesy here and there in the early seasons, but never boring. Especially when she was "sassy," that's when I found her most funny. Carly has progressed quite a bit, but I still don't understand it.

And since I am a die-hard Creddie shipper, I will go to no length to defend my ship. I don't really like people saying that Sam and Freddie would be so cute together because I just don't see it. But I've learned to respect Seddie more now. I've always liked all 3 characters, and never had a problem with Carly, Sam, or Freddie.

But maybe we should get rid of Freddie and this whole war will end! jk

Edited on 08/01/2010 3:20pm

loey12886

[25]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Sorry, loey! I wasn't trying to be mean. Actually if you read it right, I was agreeing with you . I didn't mean to make it come out that way. But, what difference does it make. My friends do that to me all the time. I had a friend who used to get mad at me for something I was telling her (on AIM). But since it is on the computer, you can't see how I'm saying it. Such as, I could put "Ah" right now and people could either think that means I'm screaming because I'm freaked out by something, I'm beginning to understand something, or I'm getting frusterated. That never stopped my friends for hating me. I even try to reword things the right way. I guess, to no avail .

So, please, don't be mad at me! I'm not that bad. Or at least I didn't think I was.

Pity story...*cough, cough*.

Anywho, that's ok, Vanilla (is it ok if I shorten it a little for now?). I'm probably stupid for asking this, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what IMDB stands for. What episode is that?

I remember at my 9th grade lunch table, I sat with the more girly (yet, nice) girls. There were only a few who truly gossiped. When they said that they hated another girl, they wished she would just die. I always hated when people said that. I mean, if that girl or whatever actually died, I'm sure they'd feel bad because most people have feelings (well, I guess it'd be worse if it was someone real close, but you get it). Sorry. Mini-rant.

Gosh. I sure do ramble a lot....

what that whole thing was a pity story

MusicAddictBabe

[26]Aug 1, 2010
    Why are you being mean to me? I was joking. I meant that it was just a drabble and no one really had to read it.

You'd be surprised. I'm not very fond of the main characters in a lot of shows because I always find the others funnier. I don't know. It might just be me. Though, I'd never hate a main character because he or she got in the way of a ship that I liked.

loey12886

[27]Aug 2, 2010
    geez I wasn't being mean to you and you said it yourself you don't know how poeple say something when it's online and you said Pity story, how am I being mean, when I don't even know what your trying to say

MusicAddictBabe

[28]Aug 4, 2010
    Sorry. Lost my cool for a moment (not a pun lol). I know. Very contradicting. I appologize. And forgive.

I feel good now.

marcdragicevic

[29]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 21
    No, I just watch the shows; because I like the plots.

vanillacupcakes

[30]Aug 5, 2010

@MAB: You can call me vanilla, VC, or whatever else tickles your peach.

I've noticed there are a lot of Seddie fanfics where they make Carly extremely evil and superficial. It really isn't neccessary and it bugs me. I haven't read enough Creddie to see an "evil" reaction of Sam if Carly and Freddie date, but I'm sure there are plenty. These are fictional characters. Having Carly or Sam die so the other one can date Freddie won't benefit your life in any way whatsoever.Hating them won'taffect the show either. Cheese and rice! I don't know who I'meven talking to, because the people here are pretty sane, and the crazies don't come on here to read it. Just wanted to vent I guess.

*Omg wowwww, I just used 2 iCarly quotes in normal conversation.*

pscf3

[31]Aug 5, 2010
    Sam isn't evil in most of the creddie fics I've read.
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

I've noticed there are a lot of Seddie fanfics where they make Carly extremely evil and superficial. It really isn't neccessary and it bugs me. I haven't read enough Creddie to see an "evil" reaction of Sam if Carly and Freddie date, but I'm sure there are plenty. These are fictional characters. Having Carly or Sam die so the other one can date Freddie won't benefit your life in any way whatsoever.Hating them won'taffect the show either. Cheese and rice! I don't know who I'meven talking to, because the people here are pretty sane, and the crazies don't come on here to read it. Just wanted to vent I guess.

charmed4eva112

[32]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 20
    pscf3 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Really? Because from what I've read, Sam is either nonexistant or evil in Creddie fics. Maybe it's just the ones I've read...

But I like Sam, I like Freddie, and I like Carly as characters. I mean, Carly may not be my favourite and sometimes she can be overdramatic, but Sam can be a really violent person and Freddie can be a real pushover. But I still like all of the characters. Who I ship does not, and hasn't ever influenced liking any characters on the show, or on any show...well, maybe except Miley from Hannah Montana. But then again, I just don't like her in general...

pscf3

[33]Aug 5, 2010
    It must be just the ones you've read, I'm sure some of the insane creddiers have Sam as evil. But I don't read those kind. I only read the good ones where Sam is good.

charmed4eva112 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Really? Because from what I've read, Sam is either nonexistant or evil in Creddie fics. Maybe it's just the ones I've read...

But I like Sam, I like Freddie, and I like Carly as characters. I mean, Carly may not be my favourite and sometimes she can be overdramatic, but Sam can be a really violent person and Freddie can be a real pushover. But I still like all of the characters. Who I ship does not, and hasn't ever influenced liking any characters on the show, or on any show...well, maybe except Miley from Hannah Montana. But then again, I just don't like her in general...

charmed4eva112

[34]Aug 5, 2010
    pscf3 wrote:
    It must be just the ones you've read, I'm sure some of the insane creddiers have Sam as evil. But I don't read those kind. I only read the good ones where Sam is good.

charmed4eva112 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

That's always a good thing! I only write Seddie fics where Carly is good and at least as a role because at times, I've even read Seddie/Creddie fics where Carly/Sam is missing altogether. Really? Because from what I've read, Sam is either nonexistant or evil in Creddie fics. Maybe it's just the ones I've read...

saylavee

[35]Aug 5, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:

W-w-wait Vanilla, Dont tell me you're surprised at this?!?! I've been reading more fanfics lately (for different anime though, not icarly, they seems more interesting no offense to writers here) and I've seen fics where an insane character was turned relatively sane, while the nice one was turn into a jerka$$ just to push along the idea of the insane one getting with the certain person

Its all to move their story along :3 Just go with the flow.

Edited on 08/05/2010 5:50pm

katywishing100

[36]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 15

Nearly every single Seddie fic has Sam getting pregnant from Freddie from a one night stand then they fall in love. Not much creativity. I personally love Creddie. How is Carly 'boring?' If anything Freddie is the most boring character on iCarly. I used to really like Sam, and now I can't stand her, but it doesn't have to do with me wanting Carly/Freddie together.

charmed4eva112

[37]Aug 6, 2010
    katywishing100 wrote:

Nearly every single Seddie fic has Sam getting pregnant from Freddie from a one night stand then they fall in love. Not much creativity. I personally love Creddie. How is Carly 'boring?' If anything Freddie is the most boring character on iCarly. I used to really like Sam, and now I can't stand her, but it doesn't have to do with me wanting Carly/Freddie together.

It's true, I hate to admit. Either that or Sam gets abused and Freddie saves her or something. It's ridiculous, and I'm glad I've never written a story like that! Freddie can be boring, Carly can be predictable (most of the time) but I still love all the characters

iCarly317

[38]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 13
    Eh, I enjoy reading fanfics that's completely different from how the show really is. Like if something really tragic was to happen to the main characters or whatever when the show is usually or never nothing like that. But I don't even bother to read iCarly fanfics because I just can't stand most of them.

NatalieTV100

[39]Aug 6, 2010

The thing that annoys me about some iCarly fanfics especially the shippy ones is that they try to paint one character as some type of atagonist/ hinderance to the couple(ie. Once I read a Seddie fic where the writer tried to portray Carly as some prudish high mantience b*tch who only cared about breaking up Sam and Freddie so she could have him for herself; I also read a Creddie fic that was similar, but the roles where a bit reversed.)

hardcorefakes

[40]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 7
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:

It's true, I hate to admit. Either that or Sam gets abused and Freddie saves her or something. It's ridiculous, and I'm glad I've never written a story like that! Freddie can be boring, Carly can be predictable (most of the time) but I still love all the characters
    umm i find all the characters to be intresting including freddie.. although it may not be intresting for people who dont care about tech stuff which i dont get but what ever...

or like people who like sam because there just like her and share her tatics or like carly for the person she is

i like all the characters although sam can be quite irrabltble