We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Ask The Editor

AndreaMSkate

[121]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 49
    You answered why it's off-topic right within your question:

"I think discussing if Nickelodeon is trying to do something new with plots or keeping up with society is very valid."

and

"I really think it would be a good debate to discuss if Nickelodeon is trying to just do something new with its channel or actually appeal to what teens and kids are learning at earlier and earlier ages."

This forum isn't for debate over the doings of Nickelodeon and whether they're right or wrong. And it's only going to turn into an argument, anyway.

As to its inappropriateness, that is at my discretion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_c0wboy_b3bop

[122]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 1

Well, we don't know if it would turn into an argument anymore because we didn't really give people a chance to discuss it since the thread closed.

And I feel like this is a valid discussion. iCarly is a Nickelodeon show anyway, right? The writers write for iCarly. I don't know. I see a lot of discussion like this on the other tv.com forums and whatnot so I don't understand why it can't happen here. I'm not trying to argue with you, but in the softest tone possible I just feel like it would be good to discuss something like this. It's a different and unique topic that comes outside the box of just iCarly characters and their plots. iCarly isn't just a comedy show anymore, but it's starting to reflect life as it is in 2000.

AndreaMSkate

[123]Dec 25, 2008
    _c0wboy_b3bop wrote:

Well, we don't know if it would turn into an argument anymore because we didn't really give people a chance to discuss it since the thread closed.

And I feel like this is a valid discussion. iCarly is a Nickelodeon show anyway, right? The writers write for iCarly. I don't know. I see a lot of discussion like this on the other tv.com forums and whatnot so I don't understand why it can't happen here. I'm not trying to argue with you, but in the softest tone possible I just feel like it would be good to discuss something like this. It's a different and unique topic that comes outside the box of just iCarly characters and their plots. iCarly isn't just a comedy show anymore, but it's starting to reflect life as it is in 2000.

You see it on other forums here because it is up to the editor for any given show to decide whether or not they want to moderate their forums. I chose to; the editor of the forum in question that you were looking at may not have chosen to. It's a valid discussion, yes, but not on this forum.

giadolphin9965

[124]Dec 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    How do you change your icon?

AndreaMSkate

[125]Dec 28, 2008
    giadolphin9965 wrote:
    How do you change your icon?

Look for your username in the upper right-hand part of the page. Hold the mouse over it until a drop-down menu appears. Click "my preferences." A new menu will open. Scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see where it says "URL for current icon." That's where you can change it.

fallforyou22

[126]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    yeah ok im really confused AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AndreaMSkate

[127]Dec 31, 2008
    fallforyou22 wrote:
    yeah ok im really confused AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

About?

dstar81

[128]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    I have a question. No offense, but why are you so strict with enforcing the rules? I've never posted here before, but when I look at the forums, I find a couple locked because of the rules. On the forums that I do post on, it's not like this.

AndreaMSkate

[129]Jan 2, 2009
    dstar81 wrote:
    I have a question. No offense, but why are you so strict with enforcing the rules? I've never posted here before, but when I look at the forums, I find a couple locked because of the rules. On the forums that I do post on, it's not like this.

Because per TV.com, it is up to the discretion of each editor to decide whether or not they want to moderate their forums. Some do, many don't. I do, and I'm not changing that.

giadolphin9965

[130]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 4

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    dstar81 wrote:
    Because per TV.com, it is up to the discretion of each editor to decide whether or not they want to moderate their forums. Some do, many don't. I do, and I'm not changing that.

I stated a new topic for the iCarly styes and I also made one called songs.

Its about songs that suit the characters.

Ktrain106

[131]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    I have a question how do u become an editor?

AndreaMSkate

[132]Jan 10, 2009
    Ktrain106 wrote:
    I have a question how do u become an editor?

To become an editor, you have to make a certain number of submission (quotes, trivia, etc) to either a TV show guide or a person guide on this site. You need 40 points for a person guide and 80 for a show guide. Or, if that guide already has an editor, you need to beat the current editor's score by the aforementioned points. Once you do that, editorships is awarded to you automatically.

If that's not clear, feel free to ask more questions.

Fireofnature

[133]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 13
    Ah don't tell em that, then people will try to oust you, lol, I'm kidding I'm kidding! Well now that I posted here, I need to ask the editor a question...so I shall! Uh...can't think of anything....okay I got it! *dramatic anime like pose* Are you doing well today and WHAT is something you actually LIKE about Tv.com's new look and format? Personally, I don't like it one bit.

AndreaMSkate

[134]Jan 10, 2009
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Ah don't tell em that, then people will try to oust you, lol, I'm kidding I'm kidding! Well now that I posted here, I need to ask the editor a question...so I shall! Uh...can't think of anything....okay I got it! *dramatic anime like pose* Are you doing well today and WHAT is something you actually LIKE about Tv.com's new look and format? Personally, I don't like it one bit.

Haha. Nah, I don't feel threatened. Hehe. It's really hard to oust a current editor, unless they're just MIA...I would know, I did it twice. But I don't have much of a life!

I'm doing just great today, thanks! As to something about the new TV.com that I like...not much. There were so many bugs, and so many "fixes" that had to be done (and many that still remain)...so honestly, I can't think of anything. I'm OK with the new design; I've adjusted. But I still definitely miss the old one.

Fireofnature

[135]Jan 11, 2009
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Haha. Nah, I don't feel threatened. Hehe. It's really hard to oust a current editor, unless they're just MIA...I would know, I did it twice. But I don't have much of a life!

I'm doing just great today, thanks! As to something about the new TV.com that I like...not much. There were so many bugs, and so many "fixes" that had to be done (and many that still remain)...so honestly, I can't think of anything. I'm OK with the new design; I've adjusted. But I still definitely miss the old one.

Yep yep yep. I'd rather have the old layout back...*sigh*

taillow22

[136]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    andrea, i hope this isnt too personal, but how old are you? u dont have to answer if u dont want to

Fireofnature

[137]Jan 11, 2009
    I know I created a character page once, but it didn't make me the editor, so I wouldn't know how to become editor then, there's no other editor to oust! lol

AndreaMSkate

[138]Jan 11, 2009
    taillow22 wrote:
    andrea, i hope this isnt too personal, but how old are you? u dont have to answer if u dont want to

This thread isn't for questions about me personally (I'm not THAT self-centered). It's for TV.com and/or iCarly related inquiries.

AndreaMSkate

[139]Jan 11, 2009
    Fireofnature wrote:
    I know I created a character page once, but it didn't make me the editor, so I wouldn't know how to become editor then, there's no other editor to oust! lol

Yeah you don't get editorship automatically. You'd have to submit 40 points worth of trivia, quotes, biographical data, etc before you can become editor.

Fireofnature

[140]Jan 11, 2009
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Yeah you don't get editorship automatically. You'd have to submit 40 points worth of trivia, quotes, biographical data, etc before you can become editor.

Ah, well that's something to keep in mind. And now I know. *on the hunt for a good actor page with no editor*