We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Ask The Editor

AndreaMSkate

[105]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 49
    OK, just wanted to make a note here to anyone who submits something to the guide. Ever since the launch of this new layout, I've been having trouble moderating my queue (as well as other editors), so if it takes a while for your submission to be processed, please be patient! Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doggieal1000

[106]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    hey can u unlock the iSpin because of the new season

Fireofnature

[107]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    The spin off thread? Oh please no. Can you not unlock the spin thread? Maybe we can all have a vote?
    Edited on 09/30/2008 7:19am

AndreaMSkate

[108]Sep 30, 2008

As of right now, I'm leaning towards not unlocking it. It caused too many problems. The new season starting does not automatically equate to re-opening that thread. We'll have a vote, but the results of that won't necessarily be my final decision. I don't want to have a thread that I'm going to have to constantly babysit. So go ahead and vote.

In favor of reopening the Spinoff thread- 0

Not in favor of reopening the Spinoff thread- 0

EDIT: As it stands presently, I couldn't unlock the thread even if I wanted to. That particular bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Edited on 09/30/2008 8:51am

doggieal1000

[109]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    but halo,aang,jj, and everyone else are not on anymore

Fireofnature

[110]Sep 30, 2008
    Yeah, they're gone, so unlocking it would kind of prove useless since they were the only ones using it. Anyway, I'm not in favor of unlocking it. I agree, it caused too many problems, and doesn't seem like it would be beneficial to have.

AndreaMSkate

[111]Sep 30, 2008
    doggieal1000 wrote:
    but halo,aang,jj, and everyone else are not on anymore

Well then that means that so far, you're the only one who would be using it, meaning you'll be double/triple/quadruple posting, which is a TOS violation.

iCarly317

[112]Sep 30, 2008
    Even if you could unlock it, I vote to not open it. Besides, remember all the people that said they only clicked on the thread so it appeared as read? They wouldn't read it anyways.

AndreaMSkate

[113]Sep 30, 2008
    ^ Thanks for the input.

iskabibble07

[114]Oct 6, 2008
    I vote against opening the spinoff thread. Seems like it and the create an episode threads are too much like fan fiction.

AndreaMSkate

[115]Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks for your input. I don't think I'll be opening it. As for the Create an Episode thread, I'm keeping it open because I haven't really had any problems moderating it.

TheWerePuppyGrr

[116]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    Do you have an 'upcoming episodes thread'? If not I think you should! I'd like to know when new eps are airing in the states, as well as what other people are anticipating from titles such as "iMeet Fred" and "iGirlify Sam". I just can't find a thread where this sort of thing is discussed!

AndreaMSkate

[117]Nov 24, 2008
    TheWerePuppyGrr wrote:
    Do you have an 'upcoming episodes thread'? If not I think you should! I'd like to know when new eps are airing in the states, as well as what other people are anticipating from titles such as "iMeet Fred" and "iGirlify Sam". I just can't find a thread where this sort of thing is discussed!

Great idea. Start one if you like.

TheWerePuppyGrr

[118]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    TheWerePuppyGrr wrote:

Great idea. Start one if you like.

I will! Thanks!

AndreaMSkate

[119]Dec 3, 2008
    Yeah sorry I locked it. I wasn't thinking. -_- It's open now.

_c0wboy_b3bop

[120]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 1

Hey, you recently closed my thread about Nickelodeon jumping the shark, but I don't understand why because I find it to be a valid discussion and debate.

First of all, I don't find it to be off topic because it is in regards to iCarly and its plots and the development of Nickelodeon.

Second of all, I don't think it's inappropriate because I feel like it would be a good debate for those who have remembered older Nickelodeon TV shows and comparing it to the new ones. Yes, we can all agree that recent shows like iCarly, Drake and Josh, etc. are definitely a very very mature crop for Nickelodeon, something they never encountered. They do mention sexual jokes, but I didn't say them to sound inappropriate, but to list examples for the discussion. I think discussing if Nickelodeon is trying to do something new with plots or keeping up with society is very valid. Let's remember, Zoey 101's Jamie Lynn Spears became pregnant at 16, and many kids themselves are already getting the notion at earlier ages of love and its happenings. I really think it would be a good debate to discuss if Nickelodeon is trying to just do something new with its channel or actually appeal to what teens and kids are learning at earlier and earlier ages. And I am new here, but from looking at the boards and discussions here, I think we are all mature enough to talk about this without arguing and anything horrible coming out like slurs. If people have seen earlier Nickelodeon, they would realize that the topics shows like iCarly and Drake and Josh are encountering are very different now, and I've always wanted to discuss this and many people are probably thinking it too.

So yeah I don't know why it was closed.

Edited on 12/24/2008 9:52pm