We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#501 "iGo One Direction" - 1st Official Episode of Season 6.

vanillacupcakes

[61]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 16
    Only the high rated celebrities with kids who like the show are most likely to be on it. Dan has some special connections, like somebody involved with "The Big Bang Theory" and Dr. Luke (hence Jim Parsons and Ke$ha). However, the KCAs and NIckelodeon appearances are usually by people with kids who love the show or people who aren't that famous.

Eh, I can see Katy Perry showing up though. Kids love her, Russel Brand was on BTR (who cares if they're divorced), she's sort of a kid at heart, she isn't really THAT famous, and she did the KCAs. I could see her doing something on Victorious, but I'm glad she hasn't showed up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[62]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 18
    Yeah, like I said, I'm kinda surprised she hasn't been on either one for basically the reasons you just said. And I'm so glad she hasn't been. I feel like as a person, she might not be so bad at all. But as a singer...I can't say she's made a song yet that I've really liked. The closest was "Firework" and I would rather listen to a ton of songs over that. No offense to anyone. I just don't like her that much.

vanillacupcakes

[63]Sep 3, 2012
    I like my fair share of mindless pop music, so I like some of her stuff. I just don't think she is very talented and I don't care for her that much as a person. I guess I prefer actors over singers guest starring in tv shows, since actors can....act. One Direction brought a lot of viewers, but some very weird Directioner vs. iCarly fan drama. Like our ship wars, McCurdians, and Kress fanatics weren't enough. At least Katy Perry wouldn't cause fan drama.

MusicAddictBabe

[64]Sep 3, 2012
    Very true. I mean, some actors probably can act, but that's not their profession. It's like if someone heard that you were really good at something (like drawing or baseball) and asked you to perform your skill to become more popular, the catch being that you're doing it along with something of the same field. Like, if you could draw or paint and you wanted your artwork to be noticed so you go along with it even though it's a literature class and you have to describe it using exquisite vocabulary. Or if you were a famous baseball player and were asked to try and do a slam dunk at a half time show for some basketball game.

...Ok. So, maybe it's not like that. But it sounded good in my head lol.

Did it really bring a lot of fan drama? Cuz that's not obnoxious or annoying in any way. I'm sorry, but people are really starting to get ridiculous about shows these days.

teenj12

[65]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Very true. I mean, some actors probably can act, but that's not their profession. It's like if someone heard that you were really good at something (like drawing or baseball) and asked you to perform your skill to become more popular, the catch being that you're doing it along with something of the same field. Like, if you could draw or paint and you wanted your artwork to be noticed so you go along with it even though it's a literature class and you have to describe it using exquisite vocabulary. Or if you were a famous baseball player and were asked to try and do a slam dunk at a half time show for some basketball game.

...Ok. So, maybe it's not like that. But it sounded good in my head lol.

Did it really bring a lot of fan drama? Cuz that's not obnoxious or annoying in any way. I'm sorry, but people are really starting to get ridiculous about shows these days.
    I think I remember that 1Directioners sent hate-tweets to Miranda and Jennette on Twitter. Something like that.

vanillacupcakes

[66]Sep 4, 2012
    I totally get your analogy MAB. People should stick to their field. I'm okay with Michelle Obama, because she's an advocate for military families and that is what she did. One Direction members said they aren't good at acting, so I'm naturally going to feel a bit awkward watching them, because it isn't their profession. Yeah, they caused A LOT of unnecessary drama. I think this Nickelodeon thing is their first debut in the US? Their music video first played on Nickelodeon. So right off the bat, some already didn't like the idea. They're too good to be targeted towards kids. Miranda gets enough hate, but got even more after that. Then there was a rumor that she thought Niall's laugh was weird, so they hated her even more. Jennette got a little hate for her scenes with Zayn or something. It was really ridiculous, and I can't believe I paid attention to these nonsense fans. Then some iCarly fans just automatically based 1D off of some of the iCarly haters and bashed 1D. It died down a lot, but people are still talking about it even though the episode aired MONTHS ago. I like directioners and iCarly fans, but both get overboard and everything is just crazy for no reason.

marcdragicevic

[67]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 21
    To get some of the big name celebrities on the show, it will end up costing Nick. a huge bill. It can be a big risk, but sometimes pulled off.

One Direction fans will starts fights with anyone, it's best to just ignore them. There is way too many of them everywhere, the same with the Justin Bieber fans. Both are a pack of young female teenage jealous brats who will verbally attack anyone will hangs with their idol, and they call every artist 'irrelevant' that ain't their idol.

MusicAddictBabe

[68]Jan 9, 2013
    ^ xD So true! That's such a good description of how those kinds of fans are. They really should be ignored, I agree. But, of course, they're countered with impatient, hot-headed haters who'll just argue with them for the sake of winning the petty argument. It's, like, people, just stop. Those girls will learn to grow up someday...someday....

And I'm sorry, but I hate Justin Beiber. And it really saddens me that some tweenagers today would much rather listen to his crap than somebody with awesome talent. And I'm not just saying that because I hate his everything. It's when those bratty fans bash a lot of bands and singers who've been singing for years and idolize his music like it's music played by the gods. And it's not just his music. It's like those singers who sing songs with lyrics you can hardly understand or have the worst meanings ever (like a guy singing about how many girls he's slept with in one night because of how drunk he got or they got or something disturbingly demeaning like that). And they bash singers who sing recognizable and/or meaningful songs. One of my favorite bands is Coldplay, and so far, the only people who have ever seemed to just downright hate their music are teenagers (around 13 or younger).

Sorry for the off-topicness...well...it was sort of on topic. But stuff like that just bugs me. And I know some of you may not agree, but I'm just saying. I'm sick of fangirls that age having exceedingly cocky attitudes about dumb things like that.

marcdragicevic

[69]Feb 6, 2013
    I thought I would have never read online that a girl *hates* Justin Bieber. Plus, he is kinda aggressive at times.

teenj12

[70]Feb 10, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    I thought I would have never read online that a girl *hates* Justin Bieber. Plus, he is kinda aggressive at times.
    I know a few girls that hate him. Like my sister, then again, again she doesn't really like boys in general.

MusicAddictBabe

[71]Feb 22, 2013
    Marc - Heck no. If that was true, I'd definitely be the rebel in that fandom lol. xD None of my friends like him either.

marcdragicevic

[72]Mar 17, 2013
    Bieber has lashed out at Lindsay Lohan on twitter saying how good he is compared to her and there was a video of him trying to fight this other guy. He ain't having a good year. I'm glad Bieber didn't feature on iCarly, one direction seem to be going much better than Bieber at the moment.

teenj12

[73]Mar 19, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Bieber has lashed out at Lindsay Lohan on twitter saying how good he is compared to her and there was a video of him trying to fight this other guy. He ain't having a good year. I'm glad Bieber didn't feature on iCarly, one direction seem to be going much better than Bieber at the moment.
    Lol, this .

pokemonmonmon

[74]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 5

you know your career is going downhill when you need to compare yourself to lindsay lohan to look good lol

vanillacupcakes

[75]May 30, 2013
    So many girls hate Justin Bieber, even the incredibly young ones. Even at his peak there were many 12-14 year old girls who despised him. Didn't he guest star on True Jackson VP or something? It may have been better if he guest starred earlier in his career, before his "meltdowns" and stuff (I still wouldn't like it though).

marcdragicevic

[76]Aug 19, 2013
    Really, I always thought that most girls loved Bieber especially in their teenage years except one direction fans.