We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#501 "iGo One Direction" - 1st Official Episode of Season 6.

hurr05

[41]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 10

"I want to stop!"

"Why?"

"Because, I've already been doing this for 45 seconds! I WANT FUDGE!"

"NO MORE FUDGE."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[42]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

"I want to stop!"

"Why?"

"NO MORE FUDGE."

Hurr!!! Its good to see you again!

hurr05

[43]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 10

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

"I want to stop!"

"Why?"

"NO MORE FUDGE."

Hurr!!! Its good to see you again!
    teenj!!! bro! thanks, I'm glad to be back! I've just been really busy

Ruffmanfan882

[44]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    Huntley wrote:
    Yeah, I wouldn't want him to do that to me unless I was going to be dressed as a clown, haha.

I'm wondering about something. Is there any reason why this episode is listed as the "first" official episode of Season 6? iApril Fools is the start of the season but this episode just has the official season intro that we will see in all the other episodes.

It is listed as the first episode for production. Also we knew about it first. So Yeah This is the second episode. I guess when Mach changed the title iGo One Direction she forgot to change it to 2nd but I think she was talking production.

vanillacupcakes

[46]May 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    I feel like nothing happened in this episode. They solved their "problem" really quickly....it seriously only took 3 seconds. "Oh, let's just replace Harry with Gibby and he'll want to perform with us again." "Okay cool, good idea".
    The subplot seemed pointless and is a waste of Spencer's awesome potential. And the girl annoyed me.

I like 1D and iCarly so I wasn't involved in that "1D is too good for some kid's show" "No, iCarly is too good for your boyband" nonsense. I just found it average and sort of a waste of a production code. They're being super guest star happy and there hasn't been any character development with these types of episodes (excluding Jane Lynch and Jim Parsons) , so it's just kind of disappointing. With Madisen Hill, the pawn star guys, and Tina Fey/Jimmy Fallon/Rachel Dratch, it's a bit overkill. Idk. It was far better than David Archuletta's episode for sure.

marcdragicevic

[47]May 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Thought this episode felt short with the Harry being sick. Could have gone on much longer, to see what else had happened there.

teenj12

[48]May 18, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Thought this episode felt short with the Harry being sick. Could have gone on much longer, to see what else had happened there.
    ^ I definitively agree.

MusicAddictBabe

[49]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 18
    Ok, I just have one thing to say about this episode - they need to stop making episodes guest-starring artists. I was watching the Kesha episode earlier and thought of this episode. They aren't necessarily bad episodes (although, I didn't really care for this one at all), but if I really want to listen to their music and watch them sing it, I would look up one of their music videos. I'm not saying that the bands/singers that have performed in iCarly or Victorious are necessarily bad either ("Blow" is the only Kesha song I like and I like the Plain White T's). It's just that I'm not a big fan of just sitting through something that really has nothing to do with the show itself.

Sorry about that. Just my opinion, though.

vanillacupcakes

[50]Jun 10, 2012
    I agree, I think performing their song is a waste of time. I can look it up on my own, thank you. If you want to promote the song, play it during commercial break. I also think it makes the episode dated. Didn't Dan say he wants his shows to be timeless so he only puts references to celebrities he thinks will be famous for a long time?? I can see somebody catching the Ke$ha episode a few years later and thinking, "Oh, that song is so 2011". Plus, so many musicians can't act! There's a reason why they only sing. [/end rant]. This was probably the worst episode of iCarly this season tbh. Not that it was horrible...but I wouldn't rewatch this episode.

Diamondgrl13

[51]Jun 14, 2012

Wait, I'm sorry...when was Ke$ha on iCarly????

Edited on 06/14/2012 12:14am

vanillacupcakes

[52]Jun 14, 2012
    ^Victorious. We were talking about Dan's shows in general, including iCarly.

Diamondgrl13

[53]Jun 14, 2012
    Ohh...got it. ;-)

marcdragicevic

[54]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 21
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:

Wait, I'm sorry...when was Ke$ha on iCarly????

Ke$ha was on the Victorious episode 'iceCream for Ke$ha'.

MusicAddictBabe

[55]Aug 27, 2012
    VC - Exactly! They can't act (well, some of them, anyway)...course some artists can't sing either...but...that's besides the point. And, yeah, it definitely dates the episode/show. I haven't heard a new Ke$ha song in over a year now. I'm sorry, but if he wants them to be undated by putting artists on who might be around for a long time...then, why doesn't he just find artists who've been around for a few years and are still going strong? I can think of a lot of singers who have been around for years and they're still making some pretty decent music (or at least enough to keep their fans...although, a lot of them are getting pretty lame now since, for some reason, they feel the need to change their genre of music). I understand that they may be hard to book and stuff like that, but still.

Actually, I am extremely surprised that somehow Katy Perry wasn't in some episode of iCarly or Victorious and thank goodness she hasn't been because I'm getting pretty tired of seeing her name pop up everywhere. I don't understand why everything's promoting her now (such as, those Sims games and having a movie of her own).

Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. I just looked over my post again and noticed I never clarified what show Ke$ha was in. My bad ^^;

Fireofnature

[56]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yeah Kesha was in Victorious. Katy Perry does come up an awful lot, more than needed. As for the singers appearing on iCarly, I kind of figure the big time ones might not want to appear on a show like that

teenj12

[57]Aug 28, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Yeah Kesha was in Victorious. Katy Perry does come up an awful lot, more than needed. As for the singers appearing on iCarly, I kind of figure the big time ones might not want to appear on a show like that
    If Michelle Obama did, I'm sure Dan can get some more higher up celebrities. But they do have tours and stuff on their schedule, so whether they would be available at the time would be the problem .

Fireofnature

[58]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yeah but there's a difference between politicians and celebrities. With politicians, it's usually just a publicity stunt. With celebrities, it's whether or not they really want to be involved with that.

MusicAddictBabe

[59]Aug 28, 2012
    Fireofnature - That's probably true.

TJ12 - Yeah, but I heard somewhere that she agreed to guest-star because her girls watch it a lot or something like that. I mean, I guess some celebrities would agree to it because of the audience and some sort of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" sorta thing, but at the same time, I'm sure bigger artists would much rather be on a more higher-ranked gig than on a Nickelodeon sitcom.