We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#501 "iGo One Direction" - 1st Official Episode of Season 6.

Huntley

[21]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 4

schillingklaus wrote:

There is no such thing as a limit for the number of different characters to be portrayed by the same actor in the same show.

True, but you do understand the circumstances of having many of these "different characters" all played by the same actor interacting with the main characters each guest-appearance don't you? Plus we just a had big crossover special. You'd think we would never see Victoria Justice appear on iCarly unless she was playing Tori Vega since she pretty much "erased" Shelby Marx from ever returning because of how she later appeared as Tori.

Edited on 02/02/2012 1:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ruffmanfan882

[22]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 6
    Shows do it all the time, so its really no big deal. Who knows what she is doing in the episode anyway. She may just be playing her self. Nathan and Jerry has been on Victorious just sitting in the scene. I guessing Victoria is getting a small role and it won't affect anything.

marcdragicevic

[23]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    We'll wait and see what role she plays then.

teenj12

[24]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    Huntley wrote:

schillingklaus wrote:

There is no such thing as a limit for the number of different characters to be portrayed by the same actor in the same show.

True, but you do understand the circumstances of having many of these "different characters" all played by the same actor interacting with the main characters each guest-appearance don't you? Plus we just a had big crossover special. You'd think we would never see Victoria Justice appear on iCarly unless she was playing Tori Vega since she pretty much "erased" Shelby Marx from ever returning because of how she later appeared as Tori.

Tori didn't erase Shelby. They are two different characters . I actually agree with Schilling for once.

Huntley

[25]Feb 2, 2012

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    Shows do it all the time, so its really no big deal. Who knows what she is doing in the episode anyway. She may just be playing her self. Nathan and Jerry has been on Victorious just sitting in the scene. I guessing Victoria is getting a small role and it won't affect anything.
    From what I read about regarding Victoria filming her scenes, it looked as though her role was going to be a bit bigger than what we saw out of Nathan and Jerry. But we'll just have to see.

teenj12 wrote:
    Tori didn't erase Shelby. They are two different characters . I actually agree with Schilling for once.

I know they're different character, but with Victoria playing Tori later it doesn't really make sense for us to see Shelby again. The role an actor plays later on the show normally erases out the role they had the first time from being played again to avoid confusion. That's why whatever role Victoria has now depending on if it's a few scenes with her interacting with the iCarly characters, she's better off playing Tori Vega at this point.

Edited on 02/02/2012 10:34pm
    Edited 3 total times.

ollibot284

[26]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 9

maybe it'll be lola from zoey 101 maybe Victoria's going to be returning to her old role from way back when, it could be that another character besides stacy is finally going to be making an appearance again that would make the episode. if it is than it would be cool to know what Lola's been up to the past few years.

marcdragicevic

[27]Feb 2, 2012
    That would be interesting of Lola did turn up, but that's doubtful.

schillingklaus

[28]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 12

Victoria BVega does not in any way invalidate Shelby Marx. Likewise, Melanie Puckett has not invalidated Samantha Puckett, nor vice versa, and Trina Vega has not invalidated the girl kissing Nora in iPsycho, and André Harris has not invalidated Harper. They may be the same people in disguise, but don't invalidate each other.

Huntley

[29]Feb 4, 2012

In a way it does because we'll never see Shelby Marx or Harper again (don't care much for Danielle Monet's character from "iPsycho" who was nameless anyway). It would be confusing to bring them back when the actors already played new roles afterwards on iCarly during a crossover with another show. They can be referenced on behalf of the new characters looking like them, but we won't see them onscreen again. Besides, you made a bad example out of Melanie. She was Sam's twin sister featuring Jennette McCurdy in a dual role while Jennette was already playing Sam. That's completely different than Jennette playing a character on the show after already playing Sam.

Edited on 02/04/2012 5:20am
    Edited 3 total times.

Fireofnature

[30]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    In all this I'm just amazed Schilling of all people has been becoming a bit different lately than he used to be so long ago

Anyway Schilling has a point, for as long as acting and the theater has been around, it was common for actors to take on more than one role. I learned this when I was taking theater in high school. You know, back in the day, Shakespeare's era mostly, there were no female actors. It was all male actors taking on the stage donning female costumes. So Romeo and Juliet would have been two guys dressed up. So, actors taking on multiple parts is definitely not unheard of or out of the realm of believability

Huntley

[31]Feb 4, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:
    So Romeo and Juliet would have been two guys dressed up. So, actors taking on multiple parts is definitely not unheard of or out of the realm of believability.

Of course it isn't. No one is saying that it is. But this is TV we're talking about and circumstances regarding multiple parts in this realm is different as opposed to stage acting where it's more acceptable to have a multiple role in. You're not really understanding what I am saying regarding that when it comes to TV.

Now a person can play multiple parts on TV, and it's understandable if they're small and there's not much interaction with the main characters over the course of how many years. But here, we have Victoria who has already played two characters who interacted in a big way with the iCarly characters. The fact that her second role was just eight months and was in fact a character she was already playing on another show that's still running along side this one, it makes it weird that she's taking on a third role on iCarly now, like her Tori Vega crossover interaction didn't matter anymore, like how Helen's appearance on "Victorious" to establish universe connection with "Drake & Josh" didn't matter anymore that D&J had to be referred to as a TV show in an episode directly after Helen's appearance. A universe connection was made so why couldn't it stay like that? Victoria had played a crossover character on this show who interacted with the iCarly gang, so why is she now playing a different character interacting with them? That's why I feel she's better off playing Tori whenever she appears for a guest-appearance and not some one else, because of the crossover interaction.

Is anyone understanding this? It's more in common like if the guy who played Principal Franklin (who we haven't seen since Season 3) came back this upcoming season as a new teacher at Ridgeway. Well, don't you think he's better off playing Principal Franklin since that character had many big interactions with the main characters and was working at the school? A disguise is one thing, but a flat-out look-a-like is different depending on how big the previous role was played. It was awkward for Victoria to even be on iCarly playing Tori after playing Shelby, but this was a crossover with a show she was already starring on where she had to interact with the iCarly gang so it had to slide by. On top of that, we got a reference by Sam to how she "looked like Shelby Marx". But it's clear Shelby isn't going to come back. But since Victorious was connected with iCarly and is still running, it again makes it look rather awkward to me seeing Victoria likely playing a different character now.

Edited on 02/04/2012 2:42pm
    Edited 4 total times.

marcdragicevic

[32]Feb 4, 2012
    Huntley wrote:

Besides, you made a bad example out of Melanie. She was Sam's twin sister featuring Jennette McCurdy in a dual role while Jennette was already playing Sam. That's completely different than Jennette playing a character on the show after already playing Sam.

That's a good point. I hope we see Melanie again.

Huntley

[33]Feb 5, 2012
    I hope to see Melanie again too. She should have came back in like Seasons 4 and 5. I hope she comes back this upcoming season.

marcdragicevic

[34]Feb 5, 2012
    That's true. Hopefully Dan Schneider thinks the same way as us.

teenj12

[35]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 26
    Can someone rename this iGo One Direction?

This was an okay episode. I found the boys of 1D very amusing ^ ^ . Found the whole Gibby set-up to be very amusing .

The sub plot with Spencer and the girl was kinda shitty. Here's why:

1.) Bethiny was real nasty.

2.) The entire plot was just extremely and overly irrelevant.

3.) It was useless. Nothing was solved. The only thing funny about the sub plot was that I actually knew a girl named Bethiny in real life.

Overall, great episode (aside from the subplot) B+

marcdragicevic

[36]Apr 7, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:

Done

nicknameless101

[37]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 25

It was an entertaining episode, although Spencer's part in the episode could've been better. Makeup isn't necessarily the solution during "makeovers".

Huntley

[38]Apr 8, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:

This was an okay episode. I found the boys of 1D very amusing ^ ^ . Found the whole Gibby set-up to be very amusing .

The sub plot with Spencer and the girl was kinda shitty. Here's why:

1.) Bethiny was real nasty.

2.) The entire plot was just extremely and overly irrelevant.

3.) It was useless. Nothing was solved. The only thing funny about the sub plot was that I actually knew a girl named Bethiny in real life.

Overall, great episode (aside from the subplot) B+

Well Spencer had to have a subplot of his own like he does in just about every episode he's in when he's not involved in what Carly, Sam, and Freddie are doing. Now in regards of his storyline not getting resolved properly, I found it funny how Spencer hinted that when Bethany storms out of the apartment looking like a clown as a result of his poor makeover.

marcdragicevic

[39]Apr 9, 2012
    One thing I learnt, is to never let Spencer give you a makeover.

Huntley

[40]Apr 9, 2012
    Yeah, I wouldn't want him to do that to me unless I was going to be dressed as a clown, haha.

I'm wondering about something. Is there any reason why this episode is listed as the "first" official episode of Season 6? iApril Fools is the start of the season but this episode just has the official season intro that we will see in all the other episodes.