We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Is Asami an....(spoilers)

DoctorWeeTodd

[1]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 3

***SPOILER***

Edited on 04/28/2012 11:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Empace

[2]Apr 29, 2012
    It is possible or even probable. There definetly is somethin off with her.

jegolas1973

[3]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 22

The only thing I know about Asami so far is that she's the daughter of Hiroshi, the maker of the Satomobile. I don't know anything else about her at this time.

Edited on 04/30/2012 2:36pm

Nerdnot

[4]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    She might just not mind not being a bender, but she wants to take out the bad guys.

MarcolapinMar

[5]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    jegolas1973 wrote:

The only thing I know about Asami so far is that she's the daughter of Hiroshito, the maker of the Satomobile. I don't know anything else about her at this time.

We don't have any ideas what she is capable of, we know nothing yet.

edmasterchaos

[6]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 41

Actually, Asami is an undercover...

***SPOILER***

Edited on 04/29/2012 12:07pm

MarcolapinMar

[7]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Actually, Asami is an undercover...

***SPOILER***

whatever meat lover.

Star_Dreamer

[8]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 13

I don't know if my distaste for Asami stems from my personal infatuation with Mako, or if there really is something off about her.

From a storywriter's perspective, everything happens for a reason. Asami and her father needed to be introduced to Mako FOR SOME REASON. My guess is writers probably thought, "Okay, we need to get Asami and her father to get to Korra and the gang. Let's have the Fire Ferrets not have enough money to enter the competition, giving Asami and her father an in with them."

For what purpose? Who knows. I get bad vibes. Perhaps she wants to be with Mako to spy on Korra. We still don't know how Asami's mother passed away, but if she was killed by a bender, this could be reason enough for her to be an Equalist. Or perhaps Future Industries is somehow being blackmailed by Amon.

Alternatively, if she's not a baddie, she might be the innocent girl that gets turned into one. Another reason for the introduction of these characters could be that Future Industries will later assist Korra somehow, either funding stuff for her, or by providing tech.

Also, I would like to point out that we've already seen that blip of commercial where Korra kisses Mako, so conflict of love interests between Korra and Asami is eminent.

Oh, and Asami reminds me of Jun. Not sure if there's a tie in with her, but I swear she could pass as her granddaughter or something.

Edited on 04/30/2012 6:22pm

AllieAllie

[9]Apr 30, 2012

I did read somewhere else that asami is like a cross between Jun and Ursa. I can see that resemblance. I still think that even if she ends up working for the Equalists, she'll still end up turning away from the Equalists and joining the Korra Krew (or w/e the new team Avatar name is)

Empace

[10]Apr 30, 2012
    Star_Dreamer wrote:

Also, I would like to point out that we've already seen that blip of commercial where Korra kisses Mako, so conflict of love interests between Korra and Asami is eminent.

But that is Korra kissing Mako, and Mako looks more surprised than infatuated. It could very well be a drastic move from Korra's side to get Mako to realize she is the one he wants; we all know how overdramatic teenagers can be.

shadowscott

[11]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 23

Star_Dreamer wrote:

Oh, and Asami reminds me of Jun. Not sure if there's a tie in with her, but I swear she could pass as her granddaughter or something.

THATS WHAT I SAID!!!

lol, no1 believed me

RaizenYusuke

[12]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 28

I think there is a strong possiblity, but it is just so predictable. Ten of us have already thought this up. We have seen this a lot in other shows Pretty girl/guy who is seemingly perfect for a love interest a main character. They cause internal strife, love drama for said main character and their love interest. In the end it is revealed perfect girl/guy is really evil. It is not a bad story plot, but it is a bit overused.

That being said I love the poster hwo suggested that Asami could turn into a Equalist due to circumstances that happen during her courtship of Mako. If Korra or Mako accidently harmed or even killed her father using bending it could push her to Amon. It is more powerful too because she would be a lost soul as oppose to her being a villain in hiding who does not care about Mako.

Alternatively she could just be a nice person who will help Korra in her Avatar journey in some kind of way. She could be the person who helps Korra reach her spiritual side that will allow her to learn Air bending or even communicate with Aang or something else.

AllieAllie

[13]May 1, 2012

Empace wrote:
    Star_Dreamer wrote:

But that is Korra kissing Mako, and Mako looks more surprised than infatuated. It could very well be a drastic move from Korra's side to get Mako to realize she is the one he wants; we all know how overdramatic teenagers can be.

Yeah I think Korra kissed Mako and caught him by surprise. That doesn't mean he couldn't have liked the kiss thoug, they only showed a brief two second clip, not any of his reaction after the kiss.

ravenspider1456

[14]May 1, 2012
    • level: 2
    Nerdnot wrote:
    She might just not mind not being a bender, but she wants to take out the bad guys.
    True..

DoctorWeeTodd

[16]May 6, 2012

I just went back and watched "The Revelation" and "A Voice in the Night" and it turns out that I was wrong about Dragon Flats being the location of the Future Industries factory and Equalist rally. However in aVItN Hiroshi Sato mentioned it aloud as his birthplace and it was the location of the Equalist Chi-Blocking class.

Interesting that a minor note was mentioned twice in the same episode.

I'm pretty much completely certain that Asami is working with the Equalists. What I really want to know: is her father an Equalist too?

I almost don't want him to turn out to be one or let alone Amon. Uggh. It's too cliche for a wealthy industrialist and inventor to end up being a bad guy. He's also too likable at the moment.

But someone has to be funding them for the movement to afford their rent, matching uniforms, equipment and vehicles.

Nerdnot

[17]May 6, 2012
    • level: 14
    DoctorWeeTodd wrote:

I just went back and watched "The Revelation" and "A Voice in the Night" and it turns out that I was wrong about Dragon Flats being the location of the Future Industries factory and Equalist rally. However in aVItN Hiroshi Sato mentioned it aloud as his birthplace and it was the location of the Equalist Chi-Blocking class.

Interesting that a minor note was mentioned twice in the same episode.

I'm pretty much completely certain that Asami is working with the Equalists. What I really want to know: is her father an Equalist too?

I almost don't want him to turn out to be one or let alone Amon. Uggh. It's too cliche for a wealthy industrialist and inventor to end up being a bad guy. He's also too likable at the moment.

But someone has to be funding them for the movement to afford their rent, matching uniforms, equipment and vehicles.

Mr. Sato can't be Amon. Amon is a whole lot skinner than he is. However, the idea of Sato paying for the equalists crap, very( sadly) possible

iiMNOTOKAY

[18]May 13, 2012
    • level: 17

Star_Dreamer wrote:

I don't know if my distaste for Asami stems from my personal infatuation with Mako, or if there really is something off about her.

From a storywriter's perspective, everything happens for a reason. Asami and her father needed to be introduced to Mako FOR SOME REASON. My guess is writers probably thought, "Okay, we need to get Asami and her father to get to Korra and the gang. Let's have the Fire Ferrets not have enough money to enter the competition, giving Asami and her father an in with them."

For what purpose? Who knows. I get bad vibes. Perhaps she wants to be with Mako to spy on Korra. We still don't know how Asami's mother passed away, but if she was killed by a bender, this could be reason enough for her to be an Equalist. Or perhaps Future Industries is somehow being blackmailed by Amon.

Alternatively, if she's not a baddie, she might be the innocent girl that gets turned into one. Another reason for the introduction of these characters could be that Future Industries will later assist Korra somehow, either funding stuff for her, or by providing tech.

Oh hello, nice to see you here

I also get bad vibes with Asami. Once again, I understand TLOK is a short series and some things might be slightly rushed, but the relationship between Mako and Asami went WAY too fast to seem realistic or logical. Even though she may have been portraying the 'bad girl' at first between her bike and reckless driving, just pushing someone into going out to dinner and then having them meet your father right away leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That whole episode I was kind of like 'huh?'.

Even if she ends up being totally harmless, I'll still hate her. Get. Away. From. Mako.

AllieAllie

[19]May 13, 2012

iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

Star_Dreamer wrote:

Oh hello, nice to see you here

I also get bad vibes with Asami. Once again, I understand TLOK is a short series and some things might be slightly rushed, but the relationship between Mako and Asami went WAY too fast to seem realistic or logical. Even though she may have been portraying the 'bad girl' at first between her bike and reckless driving, just pushing someone into going out to dinner and then having them meet your father right away leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That whole episode I was kind of like 'huh?'.

Even if she ends up being totally harmless, I'll still hate her. Get. Away. From. Mako.

Yeah something seems off about her. I'm betting they're trying to get close to the group for part of the Equalist plan.

RaizenYusuke

[20]May 14, 2012
    • level: 28
    I think she get a bum rap and if the writers actually tried to develop her beyond a pretty face and the typical turn coat that we are all expecting to happen that she would be a very likable charactr that could add to the story without being evil. I am disappointed in the writers. They have never really gone the lazy route before as they are now with Asami.