We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Is Asami an....(spoilers)

UnovaChampion

[21]May 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    This has more plot potential for Asami than anything...what if she has to win back the gang's trust in season 2?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[22]May 14, 2012
    • level: 28
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    This has more plot potential for Asami than anything...what if she has to win back the gang's trust in season 2?
    You mean like she is an Equalist, regrets it and has to win back their trust?

Anything is better than the cliche of hot girl who takes main protagonists love interest is an evil bitch.

Kwando7

[23]May 15, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    You mean like she is an Equalist, regrets it and has to win back their trust? Anything is better than the cliche of hot girl who takes main protagonists love interest is an evil bitch.

She may be evil but it doesn't mean she's a bitch she may have a good reason to be evil, if she is

UnovaChampion

[24]May 15, 2012
    Didn't Asami's mother die?

Maybe it's a bender related death.

shadowscott

[25]May 15, 2012
    • level: 23
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Didn't Asami's mother die?

Maybe it's a bender related death.

She said "I lost my mother when I was very young" Dunno if she died/left, but assuming she died, that's a theory

UnovaChampion

[26]May 16, 2012
    Maybe she thinks what she's doing for the Equalists is the right thing for everybody and doesn't realize Amon's true intentions, or maybe the Satos are being threatened to help Amon.

I'm positive the writers will add more depth to her either way.

Here's a nice tidbit of info...

The Aftermath: Korra begins to suspect an ally is working for the Equalists.

Gee I wonder who that might be?

Pabu seems awfully suspicious to me :3

shadowscott

[27]May 16, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Maybe she thinks what she's doing for the Equalists is the right thing for everybody and doesn't realize Amon's true intentions, or maybe the Satos are being threatened to help Amon. I'm positive the writers will add more depth to her either way. Here's a nice tidbit of info... The Aftermath: Korra begins to suspect an ally is working for the Equalists. Gee I wonder who that might be? Pabu seems awfully suspicious to me :3

Kwando7

[28]May 16, 2012

shadowscott wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Maybe she thinks what she's doing for the Equalists is the right thing for everybody and doesn't realize Amon's true intentions, or maybe the Satos are being threatened to help Amon. I'm positive the writers will add more depth to her either way. Here's a nice tidbit of info... The Aftermath: Korra begins to suspect an ally is working for the Equalists. Gee I wonder who that might be? Pabu seems awfully suspicious to me :3

I KNEW IT

UnovaChampion

[29]May 16, 2012
    WHAT WILL WE DO NOW?

DoctorWeeTodd

[30]May 19, 2012
    • level: 3
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    WHAT WILL WE DO NOW?

What we do every night Pinky!

TimeHeroLink

[31]May 20, 2012
    • level: 10

Well, the "Asami is an Equalist" theory has now been officially debunked.

Her FATHER was one, but she pretty blatantly isn't, as she turned on her father and left her home and riches behind in order to help the Benders.

At this point, the only way she could be an Equalist is if all that was just an act, but really now, do you honestly think she'd be that skilled an actress, or that the story would take that convoluted a turn?

iiMNOTOKAY wrote:
    Even if she ends up being totally harmless, I'll still hate her. Get. Away. From. Mako.

Ah yes, the "I hate this female character because she dares to like a guy who I feel belongs with someone else" mentality.

Mako, of course, isapparently blameless here even though he likes her back. UGH. Yell

Edited on 05/20/2012 1:58pm
    Edited 3 total times.

iiMNOTOKAY

[32]May 20, 2012
    • level: 17

TimeHeroLink wrote:

Her FATHER was one, but she pretty blatantly isn't, as she turned on her father and left her home and riches behind in order to help the Benders.

At this point, the only way she could be an Equalist is if all that was just an act, but really now, do you honestly think she'd be that skilled an actress, or that the story would take that convoluted a turn?

iiMNOTOKAY wrote:
    Even if she ends up being totally harmless, I'll still hate her. Get. Away. From. Mako.

Ah yes, the "I hate this female character because she dares to like a guy who I feel belongs with someone else" mentality.

Mako, of course, isapparently blameless here even though he likes her back. UGH. Yell

Admittedly, they've both been pissing me off in the recent episodes. It's all KorraxPabu now, baby!

Also, I heard that Asami's character was made to be reminiscent of Lust from FMA? They do have a similar look.

shadowscott

[33]May 20, 2012
    TimeHeroLink wrote:

iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

it's still possible. I mean, all the reasons we thought she was an equalist are still there, it's just clouded by the fact that she put down her father. Maybe Asami has a bigger role in the Equalist plot, Amon's right hand woman/maybe even Amon him/herself? Maybe she had to take out her father to prove to Korra and everyone else that she isn't one, but truly is. I mean, skilled in self-defense since a little girl, there are still possibilities for her to be a double agent, so to speak.

nyfan

[34]May 20, 2012
    • level: 20

Asami is not an Equalist. Deal with it. It is clear as day what direction the writers are going with her character, so just get over it if it is not what you were hoping for. Just like Zutara that was not the writers were going for. So Deal With It.

TimeHeroLink

[35]May 20, 2012
    • level: 10

shadowscott wrote:
    t's still possible. I mean, all the reasons we thought she was an equalist are still there

And what "reasons" are those beyond shallow, stupid ones that frankly come across as prejudice?

:
    it's just clouded by the fact that she put down her father.

Clouded? She put down her father after he tried to get her to JOIN the Equalists. Wouldn't he probablyKNOW if she already WAS one?

:
    Amon's right hand woman/maybe even Amon him/herself?

1.Amon has the Lieutenant as his right hand already. Y'know, the guy Asami knocked out alongside her father?

2. Asami working for Amon would be a blatant, stupid rehash of Ozai and Azula. Is that what you want?

3.Amon? Are you kidding? Amon, in voice and build, is 100% MALE.

:
    I mean, skilled in self-defense since a little girl

Which is more of an explanation as to how she'd be able to fight ON Korra's side, NOT against it.

nyfan wrote:
    Asami is not an Equalist. Deal with it. It is clear as day what direction the writers are going with her character, so just get over it if it is not what you were hoping for. Just like Zutara that was not the writers were going for. So Deal With It.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Asami is quite clearly meant to be the main non-bending ally of Korra, like Sokka and Suki from the last series. She's here to show that not every non-Bender are Equalists or Equalist supporters, there are non-Benders like her who are more that capable of coexisting with Benders peacefully.

Edited on 05/20/2012 6:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.

_Amibrosia

[36]May 20, 2012
    • level: 5
    Anyone have seen the aftermath episode ? Right she is not involve with AMON, but his father is.

shadowscott

[37]May 21, 2012
    TimeHeroLink wrote:

I didn't say she IS an equalist. Just wanted to point out a few things that are still possibilities. Everything still seems too "perfect" for her to just fall into place with the new gang, as if it's all a ploy... But I just wanted to say it's still a possibility.

Kwando7

[38]May 22, 2012

shadowscott wrote:
    TimeHeroLink wrote:
    I didn't say she IS an equalist. Just wanted to point out a few things that are still possibilities. Everything still seems too "perfect" for her to just fall into place with the new gang, as if it's all a ploy... But I just wanted to say it's still a possibility.

I think if she was going to be a double agent they would have had the last scene with her hugging Mako wearing a sinister grin on her face, they didn't so she's cool.

RaizenYusuke

[39]May 22, 2012
    • level: 28
    I am against the double agent idea, but if the writers do want it to happen they want it to be a surprise and so not give us a sinister grin at the end of this episode.

nyfan

[40]May 22, 2012
    • level: 20

I see only two waysAsami joins the Equalists. She pretends to join the Equalists a plan to spy on them, but only she and Tenzin are in on the plan. Or she is captured by the Equalists and brainwashed to join them like the Dai Lee did to Jet. Though if that first scenero happened that would cause major strief between Tenzin and the Krew especially Tenzin and Korra. They would much easier forgiveAsami than they would Tenzin would be the master mind of the plan and putting them through the emotional rollicoaster of Asami seemingly betraying them.

Edited on 05/22/2012 9:34am