We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

You know you're too obsessed with Avatar when...

firesoldier1234

[41]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 2
    your obsessed with avatar when you expected to get a waterbending scroll or a flying bison for christmas
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firesoldier1234

[42]Dec 28, 2005
    your obsessed with avatar when you throw a fit if something in the show u didnt like happens.

(guilty)

mellomuse

[43]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 14
    You start yelling and cursing at the TV set during the Avatar mini-marathon yesterday because you didn't see any hints about the new Avatar season, only stupid "behind the scenes" promos for the Drake and Josh movie--- over, and over, and over. &@#@&%!

Lydja-chan

[44]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 6
    You get your younger neice hooked on the show by making her watch that marathon and then immediately assist her in switching her laptop's background to Momo. (she loved him instantly) ^_^*

ZukosGirl

[45]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 4
    BurntDragon wrote:
    ..you obtain a flame thrower and burn the left side of your face.

U mean like I did.

ZukosGirl

[46]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 4
    [/QUOTE]You paint a blue arrow on your head[/QUOTE]

It's funny u mention that. My best bud cody borrowed a marker and put those markings on his hands.(he didn't have a mirror so he couldn't do his head)

mellomuse

[47]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 14
    You're playing the TV.com Avatar Book 1 Quiz game and you go "Oh... wait..." and then race to your room and start going through all your taped Avatar episodes looking for the answer.

[I really haven't done that but I'll bet someone has! ]

AirNomad

[48]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 12
    ndesi62 wrote:
    You sit there in front of the computer watching the season 2 sneak peek for 2 & 1/2 hours trying to get some good pictures. which i did. there's a new earthbender in the group, and he's a boy. based on his expression, form, and other factors, i'm giving him a psycological evaluation.

2 & 1/2 hours!
    \
    where did u get the sneak peak for season two

AirNomad

[49]Dec 31, 2005
    ndesi62 wrote:
    You sit there in front of the computer watching the season 2 sneak peek for 2 & 1/2 hours trying to get some good pictures. which i did. there's a new earthbender in the group, and he's a boy. based on his expression, form, and other factors, i'm giving him a psycological evaluation.

2 & 1/2 hours!
    \
    where did u get the sneak peak for season two

gunfire700

[50]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 16
    When your reading through a book and for a split second you keep seeing names of Avatar characters....(I've seen Zuko's name 3 times..^^;

sluggmunki_tx

[51]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 41
    gunfire700 wrote:
    When your reading through a book and for a split second you keep seeing names of Avatar characters....(I've seen Zuko's name 3 times..^^;

That's happened to me execpt it was two TV shows: Seinfeld and Malcolm in the Middle. Both shows had minor role characters named Zhao except on Seinfeld it was Zhang Zhao.

darthvaderik

[52]Dec 31, 2005
    You go out in the middle of the woods and meditate.

You are so lonely in your avatar obbsession that you trick your friend into getting obsessed (What i'm going to do after christmas break.

You succesfully freeze water by breathing on it. (i'm still working on it)

You save up money so you can travel to asia and learn spiritual techniques that make you conrol elements. (still working on that to)

You find a way of earning tons of money and then move to the north pole with other avatar fans to build the northern water kingdom. (I actually really hope I can do this one day.)

You start to act just like Katara and even buy blue contact lenses (I actually did this... And the scariest part is im a guy.

ILurvPenguins

[53]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 9
    darthvaderik wrote:
    You go out in the middle of the woods and meditate.

You are so lonely in your avatar obbsession that you trick your friend into getting obsessed (What i'm going to do after christmas break.

You succesfully freeze water by breathing on it. (i'm still working on it)

You save up money so you can travel to asia and learn spiritual techniques that make you conrol elements. (still working on that to)

You find a way of earning tons of money and then move to the north pole with other avatar fans to build the northern water kingdom. (I actually really hope I can do this one day.)

You start to act just like Katara and even buy blue contact lenses (I actually did this... And the scariest part is im a guy.

Congratulations you win the official "I'm waaaay too obsessed with Avatar" award, what are you going to do next??? I see the words "North Pole" and "build the Northern Water Tribe" in there somewhere but that's just me...^^

Reddle

[54]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 5
    I don't know about anyone else, but I often mishear the word "guitar" for "Katara".

And when I tried to say "fire station" the other day, it just came out as "Fire Nation".

darthvaderik

[55]Dec 31, 2005
    I am way to obsessed with the show. everytime I watch it I by now I actually don't see the show the way the animation is but through the eyes of the main characters. This is kind of creepy but it has happened many times. During the fortune teller episode i saw most of the scenes as Aang but during the scene where they bend the clouds i saw through Katara's eyes. And in the last three episodes I saw most of it through Sokka's eye's.

ILurvPenguins

[56]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 9
    Reddle wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I often mishear the word "guitar" for "Katara".

And when I tried to say "fire station" the other day, it just came out as "Fire Nation".

I know today me and my sister were waiting for my mom to get back from the register in Subway. I started singing that song "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts..." and my sister said "That's the song that Zazu in the Lion King sang when he was captured by Zuko!" I just looked at her like "Oo....girl that bird would be KFC he was captured by Zuko!" and we both started laughing. That's when my mom got back with our food. And she was kinda freaked out....--;;;

eneterprise

[57]Jan 6, 2006
    mellomuse wrote:
    You stroll into the Borders book shop cafe and shell out 10 bucks for a container of Honey Ginseng tea because, after all, it's Iroh's favorite.

You are bowling with your sister and you throw a stinker, then yell "Hyah!" and start trying to Airbend the ball.

(Not that I did either of these..... *blush*)

when you start having dreams about it> I dream last night that i was The fire nation lord and i won the war. Aagn was trying to escape a special box. katara was for some reason happy. no sokka. But then Avatar Roku came and beat me. It was awsome.!!!!! have you dream anything lately about the show? Oh yeah, then i became the Avatar. For some reason i couldn't master all them>

PrincessZula

[58]Jan 6, 2006
    • level: 10
    I admit to hear the Avatar names and mispalcing them with other words. And its all the words that rhyhm like my mom will say hang up your coat and I hear Aang, or go do your homework and I'll hear Zuko your homework... well why gladly mom. Starts geometry books on fire... BAM!

-= You draw the nation symbols on your notebooks

-= You wish you were Zuko's brother

-= You wish that you acutally had a boyfriend that would carry you up to the trees

-= You celebrate the Equinoxes and Soltices

-= You use a hair-a-gami, some pins, and white beads to do your sisters hair with Katara's hair style (did that really cool looking)

-= You pratice waterbending in front of your mirror because your a dork without a life

-= Hope that someday someone will breed a Xirshu or a flying lemer and sell it on EBay

-= www.karatedepot.com has all the weapons seen in Avatar sweet stuff, even Jet's twin tiger swords you just have to browse around

sluggmunki_tx

[59]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 41
    You have Avatar pictures on your computer, your folder, your music folder (if you're in band), and on your tv.com profile. You even got all the e-cards printed out.

Labousky22

[60]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    You keep imagining what you would do if only you could be a bender. I keep picturing myself as a master waterbender.