We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who is the Best Fire Bender?

Well who is it?

Rock_Goddess_18

[1]May 29, 2009
    • level: 17

In your opinion, who do you think is the greatest Fire Bender in the show and pwns all of the others? And also your favorite character who can do Fire Bending?

Mine would have to be Uncle Iroh, because he's so wise and uses cunning fire bending skills only for good and stuff!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ROFLiron

[3]May 29, 2009
    • level: 3

Zhao, who has never beaten anyone, ever, in firebending, and shown no particular prowess in it, is in this poll, and Azula, firebending prodigy with a cool, tactical, deadly fighting style and universe-unique blue fire, is not? I call shenanigans.

Also. I vote Zhaong Zhaong.

KikitheFiend

[4]May 30, 2009
    • level: 14
    That's a massive error; a poll without Azula. You've also mispelled Jeong-Jeong.

In my opinion, Ozai is the most powerful, he could sense the end of the eclipse in Day of Black Sun. Furthermore, the speed with which he creates lightning, the most difficult and powerful firebending move, is unparalleled.

CrimsonCy

[5]May 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    Wang Fire

MarryLarry

[6]May 30, 2009
    • level: 11

KikitheFiend wrote:
    That's a massive error; a poll without Azula. You've also mispelled Jeong-Jeong. In my opinion, Ozai is the most powerful, he could sense the end of the eclipse in Day of Black Sun. Furthermore, the speed with which he creates lightning, the most difficult and powerful firebending move, is unparalleled.

Not to mention he can create both fire and lightning at the same time while flying.

Now that's got to take some concentration.

gilvatar

[7]May 30, 2009
    If the question was who is your favorite firebender, I'd have to say Zuko or Iroh. But since the question was who is (or in this case was) the best firebender, I have to say Ozai even though he is a has-been now.

AllieAllie

[8]May 30, 2009
    • level: 22

I agree Ozai is the most skilled firebender

KingofSpades209

[9]May 30, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:

Ozai WAS the most skilled firebender. But since he can't firebend anymore I think Azula is the best.

Edited on 05/30/2009 8:31pm

The_Sovereign04

[10]May 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    ozai was quite dangerous with firebending. its a shame that he can't firebend anymore. Well, the series ended, so it doesn't matter.

AllieAllie

[11]May 31, 2009
    • level: 22
    KingofSpades209 wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Ozai WAS the most skilled firebender. But since he can't firebend anymore I think Azula is the best.

Oh, right, he WAS. Thats what I meant

Water78

[12]May 31, 2009
    • level: 47
    those dragons

KikitheFiend

[13]May 31, 2009
    The_Sovereign04 wrote:
    Well, the series ended, so it doesn't matter.
    :O LIES!!!!

gilvatar

[14]May 31, 2009
    KingofSpades209 wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Well Wayne Gretzky doesn't play hockey anymore but he's still The Great One.

WiseLad

[15]May 31, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    KingofSpades209 wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Well Wayne Gretzky doesn't play hockey anymore but he's still The Great One.

than I guess we can say that Roku is the most skilled

edmasterchaos

[16]May 31, 2009
    • level: 41
    Water78 wrote:
    those dragons
    Actually....
    Ozai=/=Iroh, Iroh is likely a bit stronger, atleast that's what the series has left us believe, and if others could slay Dragons, and Iroh was believed to slay those last ones, we can assume there are firebenders below Ozai and Iroh's level who can kill them, therefor it's:
    Ozai/Iroh/Sozin *not sure who's stronger*
    A bunch of others, god-knows how many. And Azula. Zuko being above her.
    Those dragons
    Every single other dragon there was, assuming those dragons were the strongest since they survived.

KingofSpades209

[17]May 31, 2009

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    those dragons
    Actually....
    Ozai=/=Iroh, Iroh is likely a bit stronger, atleast that's what the series has left us believe, and if others could slay Dragons, and Iroh was believed to slay those last ones, we can assume there are firebenders below Ozai and Iroh's level who can kill them, therefor it's:
    Those dragons
    Every single other dragon there was, assuming those dragons were the strongest since they survived.

I thought Iroh lied about killing the last dragon so that people would stop hunting them.

edmasterchaos

[18]May 31, 2009
    • level: 41
    KingofSpades209 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    those dragons
    Actually....
    Those dragons

I thought Iroh lied about killing the last dragon so that people would stop hunting them.

Thus why i said Believed.

LordMordor

[19]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    Ozai - Iroh admitted that he wasn't sure he if he could beat Ozai, and Ozai had far greater displays of skill.

Iroh - very few actual displays of high level skill, but implied at least to be exceptionally skilled, his age may be catching up to him though.

Normal Azula - calm, calculating, controlled, and undeniably skilled in even the most advanced of firebending skills. She proved able to achieve flight even without the comets power boost. Even Iroh knew Zuko by himself could not defeat Azula normally

Zuko - not the natural prodigy Azula is, and has yet to learn the highest level of firebending techniques, but his mastery of the basics and his ability to redirect lightning allows him to compete at least with Azula.

Crazy Azula - not calm, not controlled, but still calculating and skilled. Even Zuko noticed that she was drastically off her game, but even in that state was she was able to go toe-to-toe with him.

Jeong Jeong - master firebender, who obviously know the high level skills, but unfortunately was never given a chance to show how powerful he really is. His pacifist ideals also sort of handicap him.

Combustion man - one trick pony, but that trick is a real blast

Zhao - sucks

gilvatar

[20]Jun 1, 2009
    LordMordor wrote:
    Ozai - Iroh admitted that he wasn't sure he if he could beat Ozai, and Ozai had far greater displays of skill.

Iroh - very few actual displays of high level skill, but implied at least to be exceptionally skilled, his age may be catching up to him though.

Normal Azula - calm, calculating, controlled, and undeniably skilled in even the most advanced of firebending skills. She proved able to achieve flight even without the comets power boost. Even Iroh knew Zuko by himself could not defeat Azula normally

Zuko - not the natural prodigy Azula is, and has yet to learn the highest level of firebending techniques, but his mastery of the basics and his ability to redirect lightning allows him to compete at least with Azula.

Crazy Azula - not calm, not controlled, but still calculating and skilled. Even Zuko noticed that she was drastically off her game, but even in that state was she was able to go toe-to-toe with him.

Jeong Jeong - master firebender, who obviously know the high level skills, but unfortunately was never given a chance to show how powerful he really is. His pacifist ideals also sort of handicap him.

Combustion man - one trick pony, but that trick is a real blast

Zhao - sucks
    I don't think Zuko still only knows basic firebendeing. That was in the 1st episode. He's probubly a master now since he taught Aang. Also his skills improved greatly since he met the dragons. And I don't think we can compare Zuko & Azula with what we have now. We need to see them fight 1. not during the comet, 2. after the dragons thing, and 3. not while Azula's wobbling like a weeble and laughing like the Joker.